Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pencil wrote: »
    Avoid Phones4U.
    Why ??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Ordered my Samsung i8510 yesterday afternoon, came at 10 this morning, rang 02 before I used the sim who sorted out the web bolt-on no questions asked, said it 'should' be active in 24 hours time.

Result!

As has been said on the other forums, the key is to ring their freephone number.

0800 587 4715

Now off to charge and play with my new toy! :cool:
  • Options
    Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just ordered my HTC Touch HD from the Car Phone Warehouse online, as I noticed that they are now not charging for the phone and it's free on O2 for £35/month on an 18 month contract with 600 mins and unlimited texts.

I was tempted by the Mobiles.Co.Uk deal, but I thought that the aftercare would be better with CPWH directly (even though Mobiles is part of them). Also I may be able to go into the shop for aftercare (if not I can cause a scene in there).

They don't have any in stock at the moment, but hopefully it's not long.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey all, Dargging up my old thread for a quick moan! ;)

My HTC Touch HD recently started to have very bad signal problems so finally decided to take it in for repair. Took it in on the 25th Nov and was told 10 working days, now i know that's only tomorrow, but the online tracking says est. return date as 15th Dec but didn't explain anything about why or if the repair had been started or anything.

I rang the repair centre to get an update and she said they can't repair HTC phones there so they had to send it to HTC and that's why it was taking so long. I asked why i wasn't updated on it like the email said i would but she jst snapped that they get too many phones through to update people - why say that they will then?! Surely they should tell me if they are sending my phone to HTC so that i know what's going on and that it'll take longer?!

Just from a quick Google search i'm aware i barely have a problem right now compared to others but i'm very paranoid that it's only going to get worse. I can see me not getting my phone back before Xmas :( Then again, if it's HTC that's fixing it and not P4U then it might get back to me fixed as opposed to worse than when i took it in!

As I've just read through the thread again (and BTW, Pease no I told you so's ;)) I see that i could maybe have dealt with HTC directly myself - Kinda wish i'd read this first and tried that!

Rant over - for all i know it'll be fine and delivered on time - I just miss my phone and it's making me crazy! :p
    (using my old Moto Razr V3 - it's pretty, but slow and basic!)

As a side note, the first time i went instore to ask about sending it off, the sales guy offered to buy me out of the rest of my 18mnth contract so i could just get a new phone! I couldn't believe it, they are so set on getting a sale it's just too funny!
  • Options
    legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ooops wrote: »
    Please do tell me the last time you saw this practice and at which store as this is now banned across the whole phones4u retail estate.

Ordering direct with P4U is not too bad.
    You do avoid the topman suited, spotty, horrid sales staff however you do only have the telephone to contact us which often means unavoidable queue times.

Taking the deal in store means you can barter, have a look at the phone before you buy and look at other possibilities too (XPERIA X1 for example)
    Stores are now HEAVILY targeted on customer and after sales service and risk 50% of their commission if they upset you and you respond to the survey text after 30 days negatively.

Ooops

If your still about ooops i've had this in both basingstoke and andover in recent months