Options

For those of you who were thinking of giving up on Torchwood, I have seen epsidoe 3!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes :) won't give too much away but
    There is a really sweet scene with Gwen on webcam? to Rhys and the baby :)
    Thank you. It seemed to me that she had (almost) forgotten about them; and I had hoped tht Rhys would be in Torchwood this time. Maybe, maybe, maybe I shall watch it again this week ... :);)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    i feel torchwood has lost its touch... and i feel the show has become too american... and i knew that was going to happen when i first herd about american channel investing... and in my opinion its quite unfair how a British show is being showed in america first...

i think the show its self and its new american style has made me loss hope in it... oh and is episode 3 the episode where a sex scene has been deleted by bbc? (kept in american version),
  • Options
    ZariusZarius Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    -/- wrote: »
    i feel torchwood has lost its touch... and i feel the show has become too american...

I don't get that vibe from Torchwood at all.
    i think the show its self and its new american style has made me loss hope in it.,

That is a retarded reason to dislike it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBH, I expected the pacing to be a fair bit slower than CoE. Think about it, with CoE there were five episodes to fit a story into. Here, we have ten.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charax wrote: »
    I don't see the point in waiting unless the UK version actually has some extra scenes inserted (Which, given the cuts so far, looks unlikely)
    The UK versions are apparently longer by a matter of a few minutes, so draw your own conclusions.
    It seems like the US version is going to be the full version, and the UK one is the censored/cut down one. I'd like to see some UK-only scenes but there haven't been any so far.
    There are two versions, no one single master, each version made and edited together for the specific market (according to Tom Spilsbury, referenced in a couple of other threads).

Edit: some of the posts from other threads:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=51113100&postcount=169

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=51081291&postcount=123
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Anyone know the figures for ep2 on BBC yet? Just curious. Found it on rating thread and it held around 4.4m again.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I don't think this counts as a spoiler....

I thought they blew a HUGE opportunity for a plot-twist in the scene where Jack meets Danes.

For a minute I thought it was gonna turn out that Danes had actually been innocent but he'd just become bitter and cynical and twisted as a result of his time in jail.
    That would have made for a far more complex and sympathetic character than the one we actually seem to have ended up with.

Overall, not a bad episode.
    We're well into the 2nd act now and things are starting to happen.
    I still think that the best way to watch this would be to wait (if you can) until the series is complete and then get several bags of munchies, a 6-pack of beer and watch the whole thing in one marathon session.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it last night, excellent stuff :-)
  • Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    And its very good, lots of fast paced action, lots of little missions, its VERY Torchwood, the new team has a great dynamic now that they've got their own little headquarters.

And as for the sex scene, its really not that bad, ive seen worse than that on other shows.

I liked it but I'd hardly call it fast paced
  • Options
    Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    I just somehow don't believe that he would be that idolised and obsessed over....

Must just be an american thing, they do a lot of crazy sh*t

Its not just an American thing -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issei_Sagawa