Options

Spiral III - Saturday evenings - BBC4 pace, no spoilers please

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    Hmmmm more likely the fiver is on its way to the off-license!

Dot's? She does a very fruity Latvian Cider.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm remembering this one more and more, bit grim even for Spiral.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm remembering this one more and more, bit grim even for Spiral.

Agree with you there HVC. This actress is brilliant(the grieving mum)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laure looks fit in her mini and beret:cool: And with her gun!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They all got their pound of flesh out of the poor Mum:cry::cry:
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilou going totally postal!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joséphine shafts her client but covers her ass, and still gets paid to defend him. Nice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's the IGS!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Gilou going totally postal!!!!

And pistal too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joséphine shafts her client but covers her ass, and still gets paid to defend him. Nice.

This is why you don't annoy JK, she'll always get you back.

Gilou's a screw up but he's Laure's screw up, she won't let him get caught.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is why you don't annoy JK, she'll always get you back.

Gilou's a screw up but he's Laure's screw up, she won't let him get caught.
    Is this a clue to ........ you know what at the end
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh.....Francky:D:D
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The final 2 parts next week?????
    I think I'm getting series 1 and 2 mixed up.....
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, off to play collapse blast on Facebook!
    Night, all! x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Night, all! x

Night allie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night, all! x

Night
    Is this a clue to ........ you know what at the end

It certainly all begins to add up. Re-watching this time I find it interesting to note how much JK and Gilou are being formed by others, JK being introduced to the dirty tactics of defensive lawyers, and Gilou in witnessing the violence used by the drug squad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Night

It certainly all begins to add up. Re-watching this time I find it interesting to note how much JK and Gilou are being formed by others, JK being introduced to the dirty tactics of defensive lawyers, and Gilou in witnessing the violence used by the drug squad.

So if JK had teamed up with Pierre straight away she would have turned out different? That is an interesting thought. I assumed she would always be like this?

And Laure looking after Gilou like a younger brother. Makes you realise his wanting to leave her in Spiral III would really hurt her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if JK had teamed up with Pierre straight away she would have turned out different? That is an interesting thought. I assumed she would always be like this?

And Laure looking after Gilou like a younger brother. Makes you realise his wanting to leave her in Spiral III would really hurt her.

I think that she would have always been more of a fighter than Pierre, clearly that's part of her past that we are not yet aware of, but looking at the lawyers she works with they all appear to have no problem with playing dirty or defending the indefensible. You can see in series III that when Pierre lays into her it hurts because she respects him and his opinion, so who knows, but she certainly isn't as bad now as she becomes. Cunning, yes, but not so bad.
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Laure is in court she does address the judge as 'President', I assume the judges are addressed differently according to whether they are sitting in court or a juge d'instruction like Roban.

Yeah I know - I realised after I wrote that and when I rewatched the episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I mean you...
    ...in Spiral III ....

AND you...
    ...in series III ...

So I'll watch the last two eps but can't say it's grabbed me as much as The Killing. Likely coz Laure ain't doing a thing for me....
  • Options
    Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If any of you are missing your French Cop drama's, FX will be showing Braquo from October 30th.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,048
    Forum Member
    If any of you are missing your French Cop drama's, FX will be showing Braquo from October 30th.

Ooh thanks IC, that looks rather good. I've never heard of that:) I hope I haven't forgotten about it by then though!
  • Options
    hessy2hessy2 Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.canalplus.fr/c-series/c-l-actu-des-series/cid503702-la-saison-4-d-engrenages-en-tournage.html

Just seen some news about the filming of series 4 on the Canal+ website.

English translation via Google with series 4 plot here
    SEASON 4 GEAR SHOOTING!
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011
    Canal + has announced the launch of the shooting season 4 of GEAR!
    The episodes will be shot in Paris and the Paris region, from 22 August to 9 December 2011 (episodes 1-6) and January-April 2012 (episodes 7-12).

SYNOPSIS:

In this season of GEAR, the group of DPJ Captain Laure Berthaud is responsible for clarifying the case of a student shredded by the bomb he made. The investigation led police through the networks of civic protest publicly opposed immigration policy and help the undocumented. Soon the group Laure Berthaud are faced with some activists of a very radical ultra left who advocate urban guerrilla warfare and targeted direct the police.

The law firm of Pierre Clement and Josephine Karlsson survives legal aid to undocumented migrants with whom he became a customer. Josephine Karlsson driven by his hatred of the police and institutions willing to go beyond its role as a lawyer and is trapped by the DCRI (Central Directorate of Internal Intelligence) which monitors the ultra-left activists.

Pierre Clément, who dreams of greater business approach is designated by a figure of crime, Johnny Jorkal, to defend him. Peter Clement is little doubt, that choosing a lawyer rather than an unknown tenor of the bar, a clever manipulator Jorkal Johnny has an ulterior motive.

JA Roban, back to the palace after a long absence, it is now placardisé. But even among the business entrusted to him without interest, the feisty Judge Roban is able to find the malfunctioning of the judiciary and to report publicly. He is ready to go very far, until the disciplinary hearing of the Council of the Magistracy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    15 mins for the OG moment
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I mean you...

AND you...

So I'll watch the last two eps but can't say it's grabbed me as much as The Killing. Likely coz Laure ain't doing a thing for me....

Sorry about that, I stupidly assumed all the people new to this series had already seen the recent broadcast of Spiral III.