Fathers4Justics - why so negative?

124»

Comments

• Options
    PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Breadstix wrote: »
    Men seeking custody?

Pfft, shouldn't have walked out on their kids in the first place.

Wife has affair, husband files for divorce. Husband loses everything, adulterous woman keeps house, funded by ex husband and has custody of children. That's fair too I suppose?

The truth is, there are hundreds of reasons couples split up. But it does seem that most of the time it's the father that loses the right to custody.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Hah! Women! So fickle!:D

You've got so much more patience than I do when it comes to trying to reason with other posters in this thread.

Personally, I think there is no reasoning with anyone who thinks it's okay to scrawl abusive writing on a child's face or let off a rocket in a TV studio, and it seems that makes me a man hater who thinks men should have no parental rights and that I'm also unfairly biased towards feminism. Or something? :confused: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Teddy BassTeddy Bass Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Hah! Women! So fickle!:D

I'm glad you think it's such a big joke. I'd think it was funny too if I hadn't been unable to see my dad when I was growing up because of a 'fickle' woman who just happened to be my mother. I suppose the suffering I went through, all those days when I'd beg and cry to her, 'why can't I see my dad?' 'Does dad not love me anymore' and the lies she told me over all those years is all a big joke to you too.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teddy Bass wrote: »
    I'm glad you think it's such a big joke. I'd think it was funny too if I hadn't been unable to see my dad when I was growing up because of a 'fickle' woman who just happened to be my mother. I suppose the suffering I went through, all those days when I'd beg and cry to her, 'why can't I see my dad?' 'Does dad not love me anymore' and the lies she told me over all those years is all a big joke to you too.

Ah if we're paying Bad Childhood Top Trumps, think I can beat that one. Try having a dead parent aged ten. I I'd have thought my mother was somewhere, anywhere in the world, I'd have been the happiest kid alive, even if I never saw her face again.:D Just to know she was out there, somewhere, whatever my dad thought about it, I wouldn't have cared. Trust me, you were lucky.

In the case of my own story, my ex left the kids. He wanted to go to Cannes for a month and left me alone with 2 babies and not a penny. His choice. I had no intention of preventing him from access, at that stage.

Then the police told me he had been arrested for something I knew nothing about, and maybe I should quickly go to court and make sure the kids were protected by court orders. Then the court, after 18 months deliberation, endless hearings etc, decided the coppers were right and this man should not be allowed around kids.

My children know the full story, and I have been open and honest with them, whilst never, ever disparaging their father to their faces. Here I call him nutjob because I am honest and that is what he is. To the kids he is 'ill' and it is 'not his fault'.:)
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    Unless men are allowed on that site to redress the balance by giving their side of the story then it would seem obvious there is a gender bias at play. If all you have is a group of separated women there it's inevitable that men will be subject to their hell-hath-no-fury wrath, and it's that same wrath which can see some women cruelly use their children as a weapon to punish their ex-partners, removing or limiting access to hurt them and not giving a damn how it may affect the child.

That is why I support Father's For Justice 100%.

...because there's no gender bias in F4J, right?
  • Options
    talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As I said you have to take each case seperatly and see what the problems are and why things have ended up as they are. There are plenty of men who are complete scum who use kids as a weapon to get back at mothers, and in my case the opposite, which proves there are also unfit mothers who do the same thing.

Sometimes courts do get it wrong, and its when they get it wrong that people are hurt and injured emotionally and end up beating heads against a brick wall at injustice of it all.
  • Options
    George_McPhailGeorge_McPhail Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Nyota wrote: »
    You've got so much more patience than I do when it comes to trying to reason with other posters in this thread.

Personally, I think there is no reasoning with anyone who thinks it's okay to scrawl abusive writing on a child's face or let off a rocket in a TV studio, and it seems that makes me a man hater who thinks men should have no parental rights and that I'm also unfairly biased towards feminism. Or something? :confused: :rolleyes:

You conveniently forgot to answer the question I asked..

Would you rather a child lived with a father who has too take extreme action to see his child or let them live with their mum in a miserable atmosphere while sharing a house with a convicted murderer?
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would you rather a child lived with a father who has too take extreme action to see his child or let them live with their mum in a miserable atmosphere while sharing a house with a convicted murderer?

Personally, I'd rather see that child in a loving foster family, rather than with either parent. The mother's bad romantic choices don't ameliorate the father's crazy.
  • Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    ribtickle wrote: »
    That same climate of bosom-heaving sisterhood operates in many agencies too, not just Child Support, but among Social Workers, since 99% of the staff are female, all automatically identifying with any tale of bad men they hear about and adopting an unethical and unprofessional cynicism. A father does not stand a chance of a fair hearing.
    That is so so true.
  • Options
    TheSwordTheSword Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pheww, now that sounds like a no win situation. :cry:
  • Options
    George_McPhailGeorge_McPhail Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    TheSword wrote: »
    Pheww, now that sounds like a no win situation. :cry:

I have to stress my brother isnt a member of F4U. I was just using extreme actions to make a point.

All my brother has did was split up with someone, and yet the female is causing all the trouble and yet still has access to the kids but my brother cant because the law is on the womans side, even if she is a nutcase.

He is fighting legally to just even see his kids but is getting nowhere and that is the real crime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Extreme action is one thing.

Violent thuggery is quite another.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you decide to have a child with someone there has to be a pretty strong reason for you to have to make the choice to stop the father having a relationship with his child right?

But surely every single member of F4J cannot fit this criteria? Some of them (if not the vast majority) must have a genuine case.

It's not black and white IMO.

I know that regardless of how my relationship with my partner turns out he'll always be our childs father but if he absuses that in any way I'll have to reconsider my options.

However my intention is that my child will always have his/her father in their life.
  • Options
    2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're being disingenuous, I assume.:)

What I am saying is, I was not implying all men are idiots, just this small, tiny minority. And I was also pointing out that there are men who will pay out for, and care for their kids - and other people's. Only this vociferous minority have 'issues'.
    You're being evasive, I assume. :)

These pesky men and their 'issues' with wanting to see their kids, what a disgrace, eh?
  • Options
    TheSwordTheSword Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to stress my brother isnt a member of F4U. I was just using extreme actions to make a point.

All my brother has did was split up with someone, and yet the female is causing all the trouble and yet still has access to the kids but my brother cant because the law is on the womans side, even if she is a nutcase.

He is fighting legally to just even see his kids but is getting nowhere and that is the real crime.

Aye, poor sod, between a rock and the deep blue see, enough to drive a man to distraction, I've been in circumstances I can relate to that.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    academia wrote: »
    In reality, women suffer financially more than men when it comes to divorce - except in the high profile rich people's divorces.
    Many men don't pay anything towards their children - little gets done about that - the CSA was a massive flop.
    In reality, it is often men themselves who don't keep in touch with their children.

My real life experiences, tell me differently.
    academia wrote: »
    And you should be wary of listening to men's complaints about being 'screwed over' - many think like you that everything should revert to them when the marriage collapses.

Now, where did I say that.
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My problem with Fathers4Justice is that I don't see why you have to be a father to oppose discrimination on the grounds of gender. Surely there are mothers and people who have children who also oppose such discrimination. The name of F4J implies that like the courts it campaigns against, it is discriminatory.

I feel the same way about every organisation that only serves one gender when both genders are affected by the same problem.
  • Options
    Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member

Im sorry you had a bad experince Puzzl.. i mean Teddy. But not all women are evil incarnate.