Options

Lucy Spraggan flying up the itunes chart!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Actually, I can. Bit like when the Arctic Monkeys cover other songs (they do a great Amy Winehouse!)

You can take any song & sing it acoustically in a Northern accent, and it kind of works.

But I would imagine that would get tired pretty quickly, and she will be criticized for being a one trick pony.

Everyone keeps comparing her with the Artic Monkeys. She isnt even from Sheffield she's from Buxton in Derbyshire!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone keeps comparing her with the Artic Monkeys. She isnt even from Sheffield she's from Buxton in Derbyshire!

Buxton is 20 miles as the crow flys from Sheffield. Even closer if you use the closest border of the city.
  • Options
    CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just dire. But she doesn't need the X Factor now. Can't help but feel that this is a management buy-on - it's worked.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Whitey_GRN wrote: »
    Buxton is 20 miles as the crow flys from Sheffield. Even closer if you use the closest border of the city.
    We in Derbyshire claim Buxton! :D
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topcat2 wrote: »
    She's just posted that her album is being taken down

that would suggest she has made the live's but have judges houses even been filmed yet :confused:
  • Options
    LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve2013 wrote: »
    that would suggest she has made the live's but have judges houses even been filmed yet :confused:

The Over 28's Judges houses are being filmed as we speak the Girls judges houses aren't being filmed yet they are always filmed the week before bootcamp is shown on TV.
  • Options
    bazztheman93bazztheman93 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Over 28's Judges houses are being filmed as we speak the Girls judges houses aren't being filmed yet they are always filmed the week before bootcamp is shown on TV.
    Well Caroline posted a picture from Dubai 6 hours ago, isn;t that Nicole's meaning the Boys
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Caroline posted a picture from Dubai 6 hours ago, isn;t that Nicole's meaning the Boys

Sorry about my post above I think I am mistaken Bazz is right last year we found of which boys were in the live shows in the spoiler thread before anyone else in any other category it was rumored the Overs was first to be filmed but that turned out to be a rumor thanks for clearing this up.
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules4stu wrote: »
    something strikes me as a fix! or at least a set up. personally she dont do it for me; very irritating.

I think shes ok, but from the point of view of the show wanting publicity and attention, yes making a big deal of an act who already has a single/video that could chart, obviously they know it would go viral.

It's a bit like what they did with Susan Boyle. They KNOW that any half decent artist they hype the viewers will jump on and buy at this stage of the show because they are "the best ever"

Its all about editing and promotion. Good for her as shes now a definite for the lives - how can they not put through a top 5 artist, unless for shock value they didnt ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topcat2 wrote: »
    She's just posted that her album is being taken down

Contractually i dont think she is even meant to be doing live appearances let alone the album, but this could well backfire on the x-factor what with people wanting it now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm realy looking forward to seeing how she does on Abba week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm realy looking forward to seeing how she does on Abba week

She can actually sing regular songs (well, with a guitar) but they all sound a bit ellie goulding.
  • Options
    37 Years37 Years Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OddsOn wrote: »
    She seems really annoying.

Does she talk in that voice that you find annoying ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've posted this on another thread, but she is appearing at The Ship Inn, Swinefleet, near Goole, East Yorkshire tomorrow (Sunday).
    I may pop down and show some support as I'm not far away (Leeds).
    I have a feeling there will be a lot more there tomorrow that would not have been there before tonights performance.
    That pub may not know what has hit it!
    bookclub10 wrote: »
    Oh great, Enjoy if you get there:)
    And please report back to us on here:)

Been, seen and she was truly fantastic!

My only gripe I had, which was not with her, but her PA system. Dodgy guitar leads/plugs are not a good look when they keep periodically cutting out.
    That said, with the monies that should start rolling in from the sales of the single and album, they should be able to buy a new cable and plugs!

Very broad range of tracks played, including a couple of medley's from well known tracks by other artists.
    Most of what she performed was her own material, which was well written and projected very well to the audience.

All in all, a great gig which I'm glad I attended. Best of all, it was FREE!! :)

Gotta say, although it was pretty much a full house, there were not as many there as I expected, previously thinking there would be people spilling out of the pub and not being able to park anywhere near the building.
    We arrived about 45 mins before the start time, which was delayed by an hour and found parking spaces in the pub car park with no issues.

Lucy comes across as a very pleasant, down to earth girl, who could quite easily be swept away with, what could honestly be, her over night success story.
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she has an album, doesn't that mean she is signed already and that would mean she can't do Xfactor?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not if it's indie?

This COULD give her top priority thought.
  • Options
    EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon (where her mp3 album is at no.2 now!) lists its label as "Lucy Spraggan". Presumably no pre-existing contracts of any significance.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who thought it was basically a song promoting alcohol abuse?
  • Options
    bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been, seen and she was truly fantastic!

My only gripe I had, which was not with her, but her PA system. Dodgy guitar leads/plugs are not a good look when they keep periodically cutting out.
    That said, with the monies that should start rolling in from the sales of the single and album, they should be able to buy a new cable and plugs!

Very broad range of tracks played, including a couple of medley's from well known tracks by other artists.
    Most of what she performed was her own material, which was well written and projected very well to the audience.

All in all, a great gig which I'm glad I attended. Best of all, it was FREE!! :)

Gotta say, although it was pretty much a full house, there were not as many there as I expected, previously thinking there would be people spilling out of the pub and not being able to park anywhere near the building.
    We arrived about 45 mins before the start time, which was delayed by an hour and found parking spaces in the pub car park with no issues.

Lucy comes across as a very pleasant, down to earth girl, who could quite easily be swept away with, what could honestly be, her over night success story.

Thanks Whitey:) Glad you enjoyed it!
    I can imagine it will be hard for her to maintain grounded with this whirlwind of a week. Hope the public won't begrudge her this early success and perceive it as favouritism, if she gets through to the lives.
  • Options
    37 Years37 Years Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »

Probably one of the few, yes.

She was singing to a X Factor audience after all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »

I don't like this at all. One of the many reasons I didn't like Frankie last year. I fail to see the funny side of jokes about alcohol abuse. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    I really liked her, although I am flabbergasted at the nonchalant way she got a massive tatto of Olly Murs' name on her foot. A bit of a life long comittment given that all he did was say 'facebook' twice to earn it.

I have listened to a few different versions of the song on youtube and I found it interesting that the lyrics change slightly, or maybe have evolved. There was another verse we weren't shown in the x factor audition where one of the lines was 'get me a disprol' on most occassions but was 'get me rohypnol' at one gig I watched, and the audience joined in and knew the line. And 'wake up in my own house' was 'wake up looking like Amy Whinehouse'. I wonder if they change slightly due to the potential controversy on a family entertainment show. I suspect she might have changed the Amy Whinehouse line when she died.
  • Options
    plankenheimerplankenheimer Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    bingoes wrote: »
    If she has an album, doesn't that mean she is signed already and that would mean she can't do Xfactor?

Signed artists can do x factor this year
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Putting a song on Itunes is relatively easy, my friends band paid a couple of hundred to rent out a recording studio then put the recordings on iTunes, nowhere near being signed either
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is a talented comedianne singer