Options

Is Jade Ellis still cannon fodder?

superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm just wondering because up until last night, I expected her to last until week five at the very latest, but, although I know alot of people still don't like her, she seemed to really click last night and I could honestly see her in the finals if she keeps up the high standard.

Comments

• Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Hopefully not, she's my favourite girl :D
  • Options
    manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is my favourite in the whole competition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Her voice reminds me so much of Rihanna's, the tone is so similar. She's the better singer though :-P
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She reminds me of Gabrielle quite a bit and I think she'd have been great singing Out Of Reach last night rather than an Amy song.

I quite like her though.
  • Options
    OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. I think she could win.
  • Options
    LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope she is Rylan fodder.

She is a bit too cabarete for my liking. :o
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can totally see her doing a Rebecca Ferguson and lasting far longer than we expect; overtaking most early favourites. I don't think she'll quite come second but I can easily see her top 5.
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think we've really seen her 'shine' yet. I feel like there's so much more she can do..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    I hope not, I really like Jade. Her voice reminds me of Gabrielle, but much less annoying!
  • Options
    mrhahawiffymrhahawiffy Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade's performance last night was stunning and I now view her as a serious contender.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many times, those who initially fly under the radar a bit end up overtaking early favourites. I believe Jade could do this, especially after last night's performance. :)
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was great last week, wonder if she could do a "Rebecca Ferguson"
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised she was in the top 13, but she is becoming one of my favourites. I think she needs to have a stand out performance or she may find herself in the bottom 2 quite soon.
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She reminds me a lot of Nikitta Angus? I hope Jade doesn't go out week five as well though. :(
  • Options
    amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Jade has really grown on me and I think she could be the dark horse - hope so. Don't think we've heard the best of her yet.
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    I think she is really overshadowed by the bigger personalities at the moment, and the media don't seem too interested in her. I think she will need to do a really amazing performance to get people talking about her instead of Ella and Melanie.
  • Options
    David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've yet to hear her sing anything I like, or anything that I think would suit her, but she has potential and should last a few more shows at least.
  • Options
    xfactorisgr8xfactorisgr8 Posts: 20,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jade is in a bad position because I dont think she has a massive fan base and therefore to stay out the bottom 2 she will have to smash it every week and pick up a large proportion of the ''floating vote'' to avoid being in the bottom 2.
  • Options
    only1winneronly1winner Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    the most over rated contestant ever!
  • Options
    kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't connect with her. She needs to have a bit more stage presence I think.
  • Options
    pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Thought her performance last night was one of the most beautiful vocals ever on Xfactor.
  • Options
    annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could be quite good if she worked on her diction.

I still think she will be the first girl to leave.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Jade, but i don't see har lasting long and really can't see her winning.

While she's quite a good singer, im not convinced she can improve or adapt and we'll just get the same thing week after week. Same reason i didn't think Carolynne would do well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    She reminds me of Gabrielle quite a bit and I think she'd have been great singing Out Of Reach last night rather than an Amy song.

I quite like her though.
    YES. THANK YOU.

I've been wondering for weeks who her voice reminds me of. Off to listen to Dreams now :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Jade was much better this week. She is one of the better singers in the competition. It's just that she is competing with Ella.