Nadia in UBB: What's the deal?

Comments

• candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Nadia was all about her sex change. She had nothing else going for her

thats a ridiculous statement. She provided some of the funniest moments for me, in her own series and in UBB. She's naturally entertaining.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Nadia was all about her sex change. She had nothing else going for her

Couldn't agree more, she won the sympathy vote, same as Brian Bello, Pete tourettes and a whole lot more others. She did nothing but that one diary room thing where she moaned about her "cigarettes" she should never have won it, Jason came second and it was him and Vic not only up all night keeping us entertained but also highly involved in all the drama. The fact that Vic came quite low in his serious yet made UBB said it all.

How Nadia won was beyond belief and if you can't take the rough later on, then don't take the smooth. She cried and lapped it up when she won, so take the boo's as well.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I remember correctly at the time it was seen as a horrible thing for her to do when she put doubts into Josie's mind about her boyfriend after having just barely met her. Not nice.
    This insecurity appeared to be what put doubts into Jodie's mind, destroy her confidence, and ultimately led her to the decision to leave.

Why she did this I do not know because obviously with Josie in there meeting new people, this 'friendly' advice was hardly going to help her and was more likely to do harm than any good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    RenThraysk wrote: »
    Nadia wasn't a in good place seemingly going into the house. Remember thinking very quickly it wasn't a good decision for her to return. Even before she started making the JJJ comments.

There was other stuff too, like the argument with Ulrika about the pan?! And I don't think Nadia learning that Ulrika was being paid atleast 5 times more than she was helped.

I wasn't aware that she found out about Ulrika being payed more than her? How did that come about? I can't say I blame her for being upset about that, but she shouldn't have been at Ulrika, it wasn't her fault Nadia didn't do very well in negotiating her pay.
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Or she was just hysterical and unbalanced :o

LOL well she had always seemed fairly extreme in her reactions in the original BB, so I wouldn't discount the possibility:D

It did seem to me to be of a different magnitude in UBB though. She was much more out of her comfort zone, she didn't have a support group around her and it does seem that she was subjected to a fairly constant wind up about her transgender status by Coolio, but yeah she did react very badly. Because a lot of what went on was not shown by BB (and I think the fact that Coolio was asked to leave indicates it was fairly out of order), it's really difficult to say if her reaction was disproportionate or not.

All that said if she had been a uber sane calm individual she'd never have been chosen for BB in the first place:D
  • Desy BoyDesy Boy Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly at the time it was seen as a horrible thing for her to do when she put doubts into Josie's mind about her boyfriend after having just barely met her. Not nice.
    This insecurity appeared to be what put doubts into Jodie's mind, destroy her confidence, and ultimately led her to the decision to leave.

Why she did this I do not know because obviously with Josie in there meeting new people, this 'friendly' advice was hardly going to help her and was more likely to do harm than any good.

I agree. She became pretty obnoxious in there. As far as I could see she aimed to mess with Josie and it worked. Many people here hate Josie and for the life of me I can't see why. But regardless of your opinion of her it's pretty obnoxious for any stranger to lecture you about someone you have feelings for in such an overbearing manner. Nadia obviously didn't care for Josie's welfare she just felt that it was her place to pull apart Josie's feelings which was a bit unseemly to me.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    Heist wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, she won the sympathy vote, same as Brian Bello, Pete tourettes and a whole lot more others. She did nothing but that one diary room thing where she moaned about her "cigarettes" she should never have won it, Jason came second and it was him and Vic not only up all night keeping us entertained but also highly involved in all the drama. The fact that Vic came quite low in his serious yet made UBB said it all.

How Nadia won was beyond belief and if you can't take the rough later on, then don't take the smooth. She cried and lapped it up when she won, so take the boo's as well.

How did Brian B win on a sympathy vote? :confused:

And it's been proven that you can't win just on sympathy vote, other traits of the housemate need to be appealing to the public aswell. Like Sam should have won BB7 if sympathy is all the show is about, plus she also had a tough time in the house. Same with Sam from BB6, she had rather an awful time in there, despite being quite harmless, and the public didn't think twice about getting rid of her.

I'm not a big fan of Pete, but he won for also having a harmless but quirky personality and generally being thoughtful and kind while the other housemates showed more unpleasant sides to their character. Plus, most of the women in the house seemed to find him rather attractive, so I wasn't surprised when it looked to be the same among the female viewers.
    Forum Member
    Desy Boy wrote: »
    I agree. She became pretty obnoxious in there. As far as I could see she aimed to mess with Josie and it worked. Many people here hate Josie and for the life of me I can't see why. But regardless of your opinion of her it's pretty obnoxious for any stranger to lecture you about someone you have feelings for in such an overbearing manner. Nadia obviously didn't care for Josie's welfare she just felt that it was her place to pull apart Josie's feelings which was a bit unseemly to me.

I didn't like some of the things Nadia did in the UBB house, but Josie seemed to practically drive Caoimhe out of the house in BB11, so in a way it could be seen as karma coming back to haunt Josie.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The comments against JJJ wasn't all of it. I am pretty sure a lot of the dislike came from her rows with Coolio. A lot of people seemed to have sided with Coolio.
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    The comments against JJJ wasn't all of it. I am pretty sure a lot of the dislike came from her rows with Coolio. A lot of people seemed to have sided with Coolio.

Agree.

I found that quite strange as Coolio was being quite unpleasant and had a track record of being a WUM from the previous CBB. I suppose if people didn't like Nadia anyway through they could have preferred Coolio.

Nadia to one side I never really got the love for Coolio tbh
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »

Hmm that's a bit of a shame. I would have hoped they wouldn't want to condone his behaviour because he was obviously looking for trouble and stirred up Nadia because it was such an easy task. I liked both in their original series but this situation in UBB just got far too unpleasant for me.

There was definitely a few factors as to why some people didn't like her in UBB, but the show led us to believe it was all because of JJJ and how dare she speak against beloved Josie. :rolleyes: Nadia was one of the show's biggest stars throughout the years so to see them sell her out like that was disgusting, especially for such a weak reason.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heist wrote: »

Why on earth would Brian need the 'sympathy vote'?

Agree with the rest of your post though: Nadia's nastiness was even more apparent in UBB than in her own series: unluckily for her, she couldn't hide behind the novelty of being the first UK transgender contestant second time around. Shame.
  • nanna7nanna7 Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    couldnt stand her in bb and even less in ubb awful awful woman should have been thrown out of her bb instead of emma and jason and victor were far more entertaining than the screaming banshee my most disliked hm ever beside speidi
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    nanna7 wrote: »
    couldnt stand her in bb and even less in ubb awful awful woman should have been thrown out of her bb instead of emma and jason and victor were far more entertaining than the screaming banshee my most disliked hm ever beside speidi

I can think of a lot of words to describe Jason, but entertaining is not one of them.
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Booyah wrote: »
    I can think of a lot of words to describe Jason, but entertaining is not one of them.

Unless you liked someone excorsize and pulling funny faces:D
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    nanna7 wrote: »

If you ejected Nadia, you'd have to eject Vanessa (who started the physical fight we never actually saw- and said so herself!), Victor & Emma.

Essentially a third of the house would have to go.
  • occulta7occulta7 Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    I think some of it may be because she dared to say something negative about the golden couple that was John James and Josie. Davina especially seemed to turn against her because of that, being quite negative about her on Twitter.

Funny thing is she turned out to be right especially about john james. Icould never understand why she was crowned winner with her mood swings and appaling personality
    glad she's dissapeared back to obscurity!
    Forum Member
    Booyah wrote: »

Yeah I found him a bit of a drain on the house, complaining about being bored and threatening to leave various times.

Victor was the one who brought the life to the Jungle Cats.
    If you ejected Nadia, you'd have to eject Vanessa (who started the physical fight we never actually saw- and said so herself!), Victor & Emma.

Agreed, Victor and Emma threw metal trays at eachother's heads lol and although we didn't see it, you could hear Vanessa suddenly screech at Nadia in the bathroom when she apparently launched at her.
    BB couldn't remove housemates for their physical actions as it would have been a mass clear-out so had to remove Emma for being the one who might stop the situation being resolved.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I liked Nadia a lot in BB5, but I watched UBB, and she was very whiny and argumentative, I wasn't surprised at what happened (since other contestents that behave similarly get similar treatment from the eviction crowd, at least in later series).

I honestly don't even remember her saying anything about JJJ anyway (although I didn't watch BB11, so it was likely that she probably did, but I simply didn't care and chose not to remember it since JJJ is irrelevent to me). But my point is, even those comments aside, I found her quite miserable to watch in UBB.

I can understand why she got voted out, although obviously it goes without saying that she got treated too harshly on her eviction night, and she was clearly shocked by it, as it couldn't have been a bigger contrast to the last time she got voted out really.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed, Victor and Emma threw metal trays at eachother's heads lol and although we didn't see it, you could hear Vanessa suddenly screech at Nadia in the bathroom when she apparently launched at her.
    BB couldn't remove housemates for their physical actions as it would have been a mass clear-out so had to remove Emma for being the one who might stop the situation being resolved.

If what Victor's said is correct, Nadia was the worst:
    The Champ wrote: »

... Nadia was ONLY housemate to physically assault people.

... Nadia was allowed to stay, after being the ONLY housemate (still to this day) to strike not 1 but TWO housemates in the history of the show. ...

(Click on the little ">" to see the rest of the post.)
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    If what Victor's said is correct, Nadia was the worst:

(Click on the little ">" to see the rest of the post.)

Physical is still physical, no matter who was worse.

Michelle throwing her flip-flop at Ahmed was physical too, and she wasn't thrown out even though she was already on her last warning following previous rulebreaks.
    I'm glad she wasn't ejected though, she was great.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    I liked Nadia a lot in BB5, but I watched UBB, and she was very whiny and argumentative, I wasn't surprised at what happened (since other contestents that behave similarly get similar treatment from the eviction crowd, at least in later series).

I honestly don't even remember her saying anything about JJJ anyway (although I didn't watch BB11, so it was likely that she probably did, but I simply didn't care and chose not to remember it since JJJ is irrelevent to me). But my point is, even those comments aside, I found her quite miserable to watch in UBB.

I can understand why she got voted out, although obviously it goes without saying that she got treated too harshly on her eviction night, and she was clearly shocked by it, as it couldn't have been a bigger contrast to the last time she got voted out really.

I saw her as exactly the same in her original BB stint tbh. Her popularity absolutely stunned me; her shrieking hysteria and spoilt diva behaviour was ghastly.
  • adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    I think some of it may be because she dared to say something negative about the golden couple that was John James and Josie. Davina especially seemed to turn against her because of that, being quite negative about her on Twitter.

'that was' being the operative words
  • adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh actually I do understand all the hatred she got.... She said something that Josie, Davina and the producers did not like hearing :rolleyes:

Even though it all turned out to be true
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adwalton wrote: »
    Even though it all turned out to be true

Exactly. They all must look like right fools now!