Deal or No Deal (No Spoilers — Part 19)

Comments

• workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SRW wrote: »
    Had I been playing id have won 250k easily none of the offers were remotly tempting.

I would have dealt at £68000
  • SRWSRW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you're weak then unless your a woman id rather you did as we don't need any more women winners we need a man.
  • workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you're weak then unless your a woman id rather you did as we don't need any more women winners we need a man.

the choice of £68000 or nothing is a gamble I wouldn't make.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the title of being first male 250k winner is too great to dismiss.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was actually £66,000. Gambling that on a £1/£250,000 board would be completely idiotic EVEN if the £250k was in the box!

However, there have been bigger gambles including:
    • Corinne - 1p/£250,000, declined £88,000 won 1p
    • Gurpal - £5/£250,000, declined £70,000 won £5
    • Joycey - Same board but declined £90,000 and won £5
    • Kerry-Anne - £10,000/£250,000, declined £140,000 won £10,000
    • Nong - £5/£250,000, declined £68,000 won £250,000
    • Scott - £100/£50,000, declined £25,050 won £50,000
    • Dale - £250/£100,000, declined £26,000 won £100,000
    • Alice - Dealt £17,500 and got offered Gamble on 1p/£250,000. Dealt the Gamble and won £250,000
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    Not a watcher of DOND but I thought that the contestant was picked by the computer at the start of the show. Noel just said that the Banker had a dream about you last night/

Is the contestant chosen long before the programme starts?

I've always suspected that this is what happens.

I'm sorry, but I forgot (again) last night to request a box for this week :o

Could I have Box 15 for the rest of this week please?
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    linnylou wrote: »
    I've always suspected that this is what happens.

I'm sorry, but I forgot (again) last night to request a box for this week :o

Could I have Box 15 for the rest of this week please?

I don't watch the programme very often but I do remember a contestant saying that they were discussing, the night before, him being selected.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that was some good autotune.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had I been playing id have won 250k easily none of the offers were remotly tempting.

As Noel says, and it's true, easy at home isn't it. So you would easily have brushed away £66,000 on a coin toss on the top prize or a quid? I know that historically speaking the offer was on the lowish side compared to the 80K plus offers, but even so. Actually I'm pleased he did not end up as the first male quarter winner. I think there have been far better male candidates in the past, Richard from last year springs to mind, and I'm sure there will be other better candidates. They will one day engineer it to happen with a disgracefully low final offer under 40K that pushes a male on and with chance gets it. If they keep offering over 60K it's unlikely to happen anytime soon, on boards like today. The best prospect is with a "safe" fallback board of a final 250K and 100, 75 or 50K. That would be the dream scenario, and the only one that would make me definitely go for it, but never on 66K with just a one pound possibility.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do not ever compare me to arm chair and reality i would be going to the end regardless I NEED TO like CORRINE who i have total sympathy for I need 200k for my dream nothing else will get it so chasing the jackpot is a must for me if i was playing.

I am going to scold every single male player until one does the deed and wins it its EMBARRASSING no man has done it they aren't men they are wusses under the thumb. The reason i need to see it happen is because for some reason i cannot get on and have tried and tried but they must fear gamblers.

Edit - RICH GURPAL MORRIS all deserved it I was gutted for them. All would have been clean wins too not engineered ones like Laura and Alice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do not ever compare me to arm chair and reality i would be going to the end regardless I NEED TO like CORRINE who i have total sympathy for I need 200k for my dream nothing else will get it so chasing the jackpot is a must for me if i was playing.

I am going to scold every single male player until one does the deed and wins it its EMBARRASSING no man has done it they aren't men they are wusses under the thumb. The reason i need to see it happen is because for some reason i cannot get on and have tried and tried but they must fear gamblers.

Edit - RICH GURPAL MORRIS all deserved it I was gutted for them. All would have been clean wins too not engineered ones like Laura and Alice.

Corinne absolutely deserved it. As for the men, Rich last year without doubt. Must admit I forgot a few of the others. The one female who I never thought deserved it was the one who had already dealt and was invited back into live play with the gamble. To me that was not the way to win the quarter.

To be honest, I'm not sure how I'd play the audition process if I tried. It is so hard to tell what catches one persons eye, or a set of people. Another lot may have picked other people entirely. But for what it's worth I will say that I would not go into it saying I was determined to go to the end because of my dream at all costs. Myself, I think I would try and play a more enigmatic kind of individual that was hard for the banker to read. Infact, only recently isn't that what Noel said something similar to, that some play the board, some play the banker. The latter make the best games for me.

It really does matter how you behave, body language, and comments very much indeed. That is no joke, that is a total 100% fact that I am sure some people who go onto this show fail to appreciate to this day.
  • fudbeerfudbeer Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    workhorse wrote: »
    I would have dealt at £68000

me too.

Risking 68k on the toss of a coin= madness imo.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deal or No Deal fans note racing at Cheltenham is running 35 mins late to allow the ground to defrost so it's likely Deal Or No Deal will be cancelled or be shown late.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Corinne absolutely deserved it. As for the men, Rich last year without doubt. Must admit I forgot a few of the others. The one female who I never thought deserved it was the one who had already dealt and was invited back into live play with the gamble. To me that was not the way to win the quarter.

To be honest, I'm not sure how I'd play the audition process if I tried. It is so hard to tell what catches one persons eye, or a set of people. Another lot may have picked other people entirely. But for what it's worth I will say that I would not go into it saying I was determined to go to the end because of my dream at all costs. Myself, I think I would try and play a more enigmatic kind of individual that was hard for the banker to read. Infact, only recently isn't that what Noel said something similar to, that some play the board, some play the banker. The latter make the best games for me.

It really does matter how you behave, body language, and comments very much indeed. That is no joke, that is a total 100% fact that I am sure some people who go onto this show fail to appreciate to this day.

Alices game was a sham infact you would think they would have pulled that stunt with a male player.
    i'd not tell anybody im just chasing the 250k regardless otherwise things could get silly they'd probably only realise im a OHO by 2 box with the big one there.
    Long as the 250k is there or 100k its to the end regardless of anything for me :).

Ah you felt my pain for Rich too yeah was a shame man.
  • SuddenEliteSuddenElite Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    What is the least amount of back-up money that would persuade you to go on? For me, I would gamble if the two remaining amounts were £20,000 and £250,000 as I would target £20,000 if I was ever lucky enough to play DOND.

I think I would be able to seperate "real" money and the money offered in my mind f I knew I was guaranteed £20k. Obviously the offer in a 20k / 250k finish would be massive, and I'm not gonna lie - I would be sorely tempted at that point - but if you were to ask me right here, right now, I'd say I'd gamble on a 20k / 250k finish. No lower than that though.

Guess I just aint got the b*llocks to risk less than 20k on what is effectively a coin toss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need the 250k to buy what i desire so it has to be anything with it
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No game today, folks, cancelled due to Cheltenham over-running and today's game will now be shown on Saturday

See y'all tomorrow at the later time of 4.20 due to aforementioned Cheltenham
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    No game today, folks, cancelled due to Cheltenham over-running and today's game will now be shown on Saturday

See y'all tomorrow at the later time of 4.20 due to aforementioned Cheltenham

Be aware the 4.00 at Cheltenham today has been moved to tomorrow so possibility of them cancelling Deal or No Deal tomorrow as well.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F*** you Cheltenham!! :mad:
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to http://www.channel4.com it looks like there are going to be programmes on both Saturday and Sunday next weekend (16/17-Mar-13) to catch up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Channel 4 having so many offshoots such as More 4 and 4/7 and endless repeats in primetime Channel 4 itself, you would imagine that a bit of sense could be used to accomodate Deal Or No Deal in this day and age. Crazy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    heiker wrote: »
    I don't watch the programme very often but I do remember a contestant saying that they were discussing, the night before, him being selected.

A while ago they announced that the player would be picked in advance but the choice of boxes etc would still be random. This gives them the chance to organize video links, surprise visits etc for the player of the day.
  • simes188simes188 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Didn't Channel 4 show Deal or No Deal on More 4 during the Paralympics?

They could do the same this time
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F*** you Cheltenham!! :mad:

IS it not a change that DOND is not on.. how much daily contrived rubbish can you watch ??
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just watching some classic shows that I recorded from this morning and it's a quarter of the way through Season 2

And also the beginnings of THAT chant which became an annoyance rather than a help
This discussion has been closed.