Corrie 29/3/13- To Free Or Not To Free

Comments

• jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have a scene where Eva comes downstairs from the shower and she sees something that startles her, the towel drops.

And reveals that she's a pre-op transgender person?
    rhumble wrote: »
    That had to be a rewritten bit of the storyline surely (I still think it had something to do with Kevin not being there)

Can I ask what you're referring to? Some of us read this thread hours later.
    Stigid wrote: »
    The really obvious staged camera shots at the end spoilt the episode...........

If you mean the one where you see both their faces, then I thought it was good, and rather poignant. And I think ... and hope...every single camera shot is staged.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    7- Thinking of poor Toni in heaven
    Team name....Stella's artois

Captain....Stella

Fiz
    Dev
    Tyrone
    Sean
    Gloria
    Karl
    Anna
    Steve
    Roy
    Sylvia
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    7- Thinking of poor Toni in heaven
    General comments only.

A farce at the courts and the defence would have been most interested in what Julie had to say.

Well done Tyrone but the last scene of Kirsty was very cruel

Gloria is going to cost me a tv screen:mad:

I fail to see how Chesney would get served with a drink anywhere:rolleyes:

Detective Sergeant Phil needs help. Crime can't crack it self
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Finding it very odd that people thought Tyrone should have been kinder to Kirsty at the end. For goodness sake, the woman had beaten him up repeatedly, dragged his name through the mud, turned most of his friends and neighbours against him, landed him in jail for weeks and lied through her teeth in court !

I wouldn't have been offering a "thank you" smile if it were me, regardless of her distress and her issues!
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    9- Minus 1 for Fiz's crying
    I've only read the last few pages of this thread and have already found so many posts I agree with! Such as

eggshell wrote: »
    It is a shame though when a couple of actors, Natalie and Alan are giving their all on this story brilliantly and then we have Fizz to drag it all down. She shouldn't have been anywhere near this story.

Could not agree more. The storyline was fantastic to begin with but as soon as Fiz and her (what comes across as) fake insincerity entered the storyline it nosedived. She ruined it.
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Can Tyrone and Fiz ride off into the sunset now and free us all from the pain of having to watch them again?

Surely they've exhausted all possible avenues for Fiz in the past couple of years.

It's a sad state of affairs though when so many good actors/characters are relegated to the background forever and Fiz is placed at the forefront of big storyline after big storyline.

Again, cannot agree more.
    I feel so very sorry for Kirsty- finally got a shot at redemption, too. She could so easily have been a cartoon villain but she wasn't- fab acting from Natalie Gumede.

Natalie G was fantastic! I really hope that the actress has a bright future ahead of her as she's more than earned her stripes with this storyline. She managed to make us feel sympathy for someone who we should have despised! Managed to convey the fear, insecurity and self loathing behind her, at times, horrific actions. Superb performance.
    She really is. She was totally believable. I would have expected Tyrone to have had a modicum of sympathy for her at the end. Life is never that black and white - he did love her initially and she'd admitted everything, including the fact that she needed help. I would have liked him to have given her a bit of support rather than staring at her stoney faced with Fiz gloating on his arm. Kirsty had just lost everything. They just came across as a couple of vindictive arseh*les.

Perfectly put. I could not agree more. Although I seemed to have something in my eye when Tyrone was found not guilty on all three counts (:o) the final scenes turned that emotion on it's head and I felt contempt for HIM and his current lover and sympathy for the woman who, to save her daughter, threw herself on her sword. Who off her own bat had exonerated him in the most public manner possible (how the hell she managed to get into the court is another matter but we'll let that one go :D) and declared that she wanted their daughter with HIM yet all he could manage was a stony stare? I know she sent him to hell and back but surely your initial reactions would be ones of gratitude? At least a tiny bit?
    Fizz and Ty is a match made in hell. I'd be shocked if the actor playing Ty stuck around as every scene he shares with Fizz is going to be ruined by the fact that that she simply can't act. Tyrone and Kirsty was an acting partnership of brilliance and , as I've said ad nauseum, it's their acting that has carried this through the sillier court moments.

Alan's face when he was told he was free was just sheer brilliance..No need for histrionics or OTT acting, he just looked really stunned.

Now he's saddled with this light-weight as his acting partner..God help him.

Great post. Agree with everything, except Alan Halsall will stick around as he will soon have another mouth to feed :) He's making sacrifices for his child already :D
    Wish Gloria would shut her mouth, everything is about her. It's never "Stella was nearly killed", it's always "my daughter", making out like she is the injured party in all this. Give up the amateur detective work and leave it to the cops! And shut up Paul too, taking it upon himself to decide who's responsible. Why are people so quick to believe this of Sunita, mild-mannered wouldn't-harm-a-fly Sunita? When Gloria told everyone at the Bistro, why didn't Jason come to her defense? He's known her longer than all of them. You don't go from loving mother and friend to everyone, to psychotic murderer in one year (unless you're called Don Brennan).

Have to admit feeling sorry for Kirsty tonight, she effectively took her own life to save her daughter's. Will miss her sorely when she goes, she's been a fascinating character.

Agree with all your post but particularly what I bolded.

At times Gloria is a pain in the @ss. I love Sue Johnston but Gloria? Hmmmm.
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. I'd have thought Tyrone would have been a little more conflicted and a little less cold when he saw the mother of his child being hauled away. As for Fiz, her screeching "LIAR!" at Kirsty when she said she loved Tyrone did not go down well with me either. I've really had enough of her character. We'd already suffered through her 'stand by your man' routine once, with her crying and whining over John Stape (aka, Colin Fishwick ;)) for months on end, did we really need a sequel? Why they had to ruin this once excellent storyline by involving her in it I don't know. Tyrone being freed and reunited with Roobeh would've been an emotional enough ending, no need to involve Fiz at all.

Again I agree with all the post but particularly what I bolded. I could have bitch slapped Fiz into next week for that. She sounded like an insecure harridan who didn't want to hear that once upon a time Kirsty and Tyrone actually WERE in love. She had absolutely no right to say that Kirsty never loved Ty. She did but her extreme anger/personality problems were her undoing and therefore their relationship's. If Kirsty was normal there's every chance that her and Tyrone would still be together happily bringing up their daughter.

Good episodes but I had to knock a point off for the ultra annoying Fiz!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a shame though when a couple of actors, Natalie and Alan are giving their all on this story brilliantly and then we have Fizz to drag it all down. She shouldn't have been anywhere near this story.

I agree. She already had the big John Stape drama and shouldn't have been involved here.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fiz should have been nowhere near the final scene, it should have been Tyrone (holding the baby) and Kirsty staring at each other - that's it. Ultimately it was THEIR story but once again the producer favourite (I'm presuming) was shoe horned in :rolleyes:
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting Fiz involved meant that we weren't 100% behind Tyrone. That's from the moment they started the affair. I'm not sure I like the idea of Fiz 'saving' Tyrone either because it makes him seem too weak. Though, I guess that's just the staple of Corrie - if you're not a weak, puppydog man you're a villain!
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see that Kirsty finally came to her senses after nearing hitting Ruby herself. Felt for her in that police room.

Fiz is a nasty cow undeserving of Tyrone, though :mad: - screaming that Kirsty never loved Ty, she did [in her own twisted way], imho. The affair aspect to this plot was simply not needed [or wanted].

Sexy Ty is home again!

F off Gloria :mad: - can't wait for her Hero Karl to be found out. And Stella thinking 'Sunita wanted to burn her alive' - she didn't know you were there you daft woman. :rolleyes:

Whiny Paul. Can't wait for him to go too. Toni this, Toni that :yawn:

What does Beth see in Kirk? :eek::confused::D

Sexy Gary :o:) Now if only I could have him and Ty together...

Eva's assets are bigger than Chesney's head! :eek:
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting Fiz involved meant that we weren't 100% behind Tyrone. That's from the moment they started the affair. I'm not sure I like the idea of Fiz 'saving' Tyrone either because it makes him seem too weak. Though, I guess that's just the staple of Corrie - if you're not a weak, puppydog man you're a villain!

I agree - I lost interest in Tyrone's plight the minute Fiz started coming round giving him soppy cards for Kirsty to accidentally find. The plot also lost any credibility at that point when Tyrone was able to diasappear for hours on end to meet up with Fiz, when up until that point Kirsty was practically following him every time he left the house.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badoldman wrote: »
    Finding it very odd that people thought Tyrone should have been kinder to Kirsty at the end. For goodness sake, the woman had beaten him up repeatedly, dragged his name through the mud, turned most of his friends and neighbours against him, landed him in jail for weeks and lied through her teeth in court !

I wouldn't have been offering a "thank you" smile if it were me, regardless of her distress and her issues!

because Tyrone is not a vindictive character - many people who live with abusive partners are not vindictive even after all sorts of terrible treatment. It's not a cut and dry situation . people are attracted to people for all sorts of reasons. The whole Fiz scenario threw a spanner in the works fpr the plotline as it's not realistic that Tyrone would have been looking for an affair or to fall in love with someone else.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8- It's never too late to say sorry
    because Tyrone is not a vindictive character - many people who live with abusive partners are not vindictive even after all sorts of terrible treatment. It's not a cut and dry situation . people are attracted to people for all sorts of reasons. The whole Fiz scenario threw a spanner in the works fpr the plotline as it's not realistic that Tyrone would have been looking for an affair or to fall in love with someone else.

I'm not so sure; I can understand why Tyrone would be happy to enter a relationship where he wasn't being beaten black and blue. Plus, psychologically for him, it gave Kirsty a reason to hurt him - in a perverse way it was probably a lot easier to accept being beaten when he was doing something wrong then when he wasn't.

I'm interested to see if Tyrone and Fiz's relationship now stands up to scrutiny without the risk and challenge which has tested it thus far. I wouldn't be surprised to see them struggle and Tyrone's guilt over the situation finally catching up with him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5- St. Stella of the burned back room is lucky to be alive
    Well ive got to say i found those court scenes complete and utter nonsense! How on earth did Kirsty manage to get in there i wouldn't have thought it was possible and then to play "pass the parcel" with Roobeh was a bit strange!

But in all of that Kirsty manage to sort of redeem herself in the end showing that the power of loving her daughter made her look at herself in the mirror and accept she is the one with the issues!

And also cant tell you how relieved i am that Corrie didnt make it anymore ridiculous by having Julie burst in to court and saving Tyrone with her unproven story about Kirsty whacking her that would have buried all of this once and for all a lot worse than getting Fiz involved!
    Forum Member

I understand your point but the whole situation would be enough to turn a kind man much harder in my opinion. And, as you say, people are attracted to people for all sorts of reasons, so maybe he saw Fiz as someone who could love him without all the hurt he was suffering at Kirsty's hands.

However, I would agree it probably wasn't the most realistic scenario but soaps will always go for the most dramatic and romantic options!
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well ive got to say i found those court scenes complete and utter nonsense! How on earth did Kirsty manage to get in there i wouldn't have thought it was possible and then to play "pass the parcel" with Roobeh was a bit strange!

But in all of that Kirsty manage to sort of redeem herself in the end showing that the power of loving her daughter made her look at herself in the mirror and accept she is the one with the issues!

And also cant tell you how relieved i am that Corrie didnt make it anymore ridiculous by having Julie burst in to court and saving Tyrone with her unproven story about Kirsty whacking her that would have buried all of this once and for all a lot worse than getting Fiz involved!

I agree, they wouldn't let Julie and her boyfriend in with vital information yet they let Kirsty in. Dah!
    Let's hope Fiz is cleared too and reinstated in the knicker factory, she told them Kirsty was the mad one and they wouldn't believe her.
    The best line of all the court scenes was Dreary with "I have a medical back ground you know" hillarious.
    They carted Kirsty off in the prison van pronto too. What happened to the taped interview, the information gathering, the charge, the court appearence? I think these things take a trifle longer dont they?
    Forum Member
    I agree, they wouldn't let Julie and her boyfriend in with vital information yet they let Kirsty in. Dah!

My view is that Julie tried to do things by the book and be allowed into court to have her say but was refused. I don't imagine Kirsty did the same; there's no evidence that the courtroom door was locked; she knew where it was taking place so presumably could have just barged in to interrupt proceedings!
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Let's hope Fiz is cleared too and reinstated in the knicker factory, she told them Kirsty was the mad one and they wouldn't believe her.
    The best line of all the court scenes was Dreary with "I have a medical back ground you know" hillarious.
    They carted Kirsty off in the prison van pronto too. What happened to the taped interview, the information gathering, the charge, the court appearence? I think these things take a trifle longer dont they?

I don't think anyone let Kirsty in, she just marched in.
    I'm guessing transported back the local copshop for the proper interviews and search.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very much team Ty, but how exactly does Julie being hit prove anything? a) There's nothing to prove it was Julie. b) it doesn't prove that Kirsty was hitting Ty.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite, she made me feel sympathy for her. The whole thing of Fiz going off with Tyrone and baby at the end did not endear them to me. In fact Tyrone and Fiz are insufferable together - they are really annoying :mad:

Could not agree more. Its going to be cringe watching them together, oh well guess thats whats FF is for lol.
    Forum Member
    Rossy22 wrote: »
    I am very much team Ty, but how exactly does Julie being hit prove anything? a) There's nothing to prove it was Julie. b) it doesn't prove that Kirsty was hitting Ty.

It doesn't, but it's a moot point now that she 'fessed up'
    Not sure why they included it now, the collective eating of humble pie for Street residents would have happened once she fessed up.
    I suppose it was there for our benefit, so many viewers wanted Julie to get a slap for siding with Kirsty over Ty :)

Oh I don't understand point A btw.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why they included it now, the collective eating of humble pie for Street residents would have happened once she fessed up.
    I suppose it was there for our benefit, so many viewers wanted Julie to get a slap for siding with Kirsty over Ty :)

:o:o I meant Kirsty!

Aye, I suppose so! Although the "oh I was wrong all along" scenes were tiresome.
    Forum Member
    Rossy22 wrote: »
    :o:o I meant Kirsty!

Aye, I suppose so! Although the "oh I was wrong all along" scenes were tiresome.

Like any other assault when there aren't witnesses around, she said, she said, and work out who's got an axe to grind/reason to lie.

Julie's mea culpa did go on a bit too long, but that's Julie.
    Julie has become a bit tiresome lately, seems to be light on her usual charm.
    Would have been a giggle to see Big Sister Eileen go round and give Kirsty a toeing too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like any other assault when there aren't witnesses around, she said, she said, and work out who's got an axe to grind/reason to lie.

Julie's mea culpa did go on a bit too long, but that's Julie.
    Julie has become a bit tiresome lately, seems to be light on her usual charm.
    Would have been a giggle to see Big Sister Eileen go round and give Kirsty a toeing too :)

I love Eileen, but she let me down when she joined the Julie brigade!
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3- Tyrone is free
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Fiz should have been nowhere near the final scene, it should have been Tyrone (holding the baby) and Kirsty staring at each other - that's it. Ultimately it was THEIR story but once again the producer favourite (I'm presuming) was shoe horned in :rolleyes:

Sooo right, glad I am not alone thinking this. I'd hoped that Fiz would stay in jail during the Stape SAGA and her part in covering up for him but no...she was free'd to spoil quality scenes.
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3- Tyrone is free

I refused to watch that epi where Kirstie hit Julie as it was over the top and rediculous that she'd even do that to Julie.