Options

Abi same every week

cat80cat80 Posts: 4,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Abi is the same every week, sat behind a piano singing a slow song. It's disco week, surely she could have adapted and sang it like it's supposed to be

Comments

• Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    agree , same old dull dreary bore :yawn::yawn::yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is not one act that is versatile! They do the same thing every week and when they attempt a change they crash and burn!
  • Options
    valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on, that's not true. Abi had two bad weeks but tonight was brilliant!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    Not even a half hearted effort to perform disco, listen to her when she Is meant to hold a note longer than a beat or two,,she just can't do it. At least we saw the return of the flower wreath. To take something and make it unrecognisable, doesn't mean they can sing it, she did not sing well at all. She needs to just focus on songwriting, and leave the singing to those who can actually sing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Abi changes up the song.

Nicholas is a much bigger culprit of doing the same thing every week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deviny wrote: »
    Not even a half hearted effort to perform disco, listen to her when she Is meant to hold a note longer than a beat or two,,she just can't do it. At least we saw the return of the flower wreath. To take something and make it unrecognisable, doesn't mean thy can sing it, she did not sing well at all. She needs to just focus on songwriting, and leave the singing to those who can actually sing.

Apt, given the sad demise of disco at her hands....
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elton john and billy joel made a career out of it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good point Maincoony, lol
  • Options
    cat80cat80 Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi is a lovely girl but unfortunately no matter what she sings she sings it the same. Jon Bon Jovi, Disco week etc. It's all the same slowed right down and screeching. It's just boring and not that great to listen to when the way she changes songs is the same every week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cat80 wrote: »
    Abi is a lovely girl but unfortunately no matter what she sings she sings it the same. Jon Bon Jovi, Disco week etc. It's all the same slowed right down and screeching. It's just boring and not that great to listen to when the way she changes songs is the same every week

The screeching is so painful. :eek:
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didn't she sing moon river accompanied by a guitarist, and week before sing kylie without any instruments on stage?
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Very boring !
  • Options
    valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    didn't she sing moon river accompanied by a guitarist, and week before sing kylie without any instruments on stage?

Yes and you have to wonder if some of these critics actually watch the show!
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I think it will be the same till she gets the boot, hopefully soon. She could at least try an uptempo number, it can't be any worse than some of her slowed down crap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valezio wrote: »
    Yes and you have to wonder if some of these critics actually watch the show!

Yes, oddly enough we do. And it isn't about the instrumentation, it's about the turgid plodding pace of every number, the repetitive 'quirk' of 'stripping the song back' and slowing it down to half its normal tempo (the Kylie song, Bon Jovi and again tonight). It's just very, very dull - and actually, rather than 'quirky' it's really VERY unimaginative as people have been doing it (and much better) for ages. check out Richard Thompson doing 'Oops I Did It Again' for a real musician giving a different 'take' on a song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh god, I actually cringed when they just played her again, come on people you really think that is someone who can sing???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god, I actually cringed when they just played her again, come on people you really think that is someone who can sing???

In a word, definitely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Guys she can actually sing, just because she isnt that generic belter doesnt mean she cant singer. She is a singer in her own right and was in her element tonight! Loved it!
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree OP - Abi same every week - boring!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Abi's singing is like fingernails scratching down a chalkboard, that is how it affects me, it is horrible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi's singing is like fingernails scratching down a chalkboard, that is how it affects me, it is horrible.

I would get help... or a remote with a mute button.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even Diana Vickers went out of her comfort zone and performed an uptempo number for disco week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TammyTam wrote: »
    I would get help... or a remote with a mute button.

Thanks for your concern, I will take it under advisement lol. I wanted to listen tonight to see if she would improve, unfortunately she didn't. :confused:
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She has still not been allowed to do what she does best
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi is fantastic because she puts her own interpretation on the song. It is original and inspiring.