Female celebrities you DO like

Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think today is a good time for a thread like this. Which female celebrities do you like? Who do you find to be a breath of fresh air amongst the endless sea of talentles zelebs? Some of my favourites include:

Kate Bush
Michelle Pfeiffer
Marcella Detroit
Billie Piper
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Claire Danes
Christina Hendricks
Maggie Smith
Judy Dench
Naomi Harris
Anne Hathaway
Jennifer Lawrence
Kristen Stewart (might be an unpopular choice, I know)

Just to name a few. I think all are talented women, and most keep their private lives just that. It can be done. :)

Comments

• Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cate Blanchett
    Sarah Jessica Parker
    Cynthia Nixon
    Julia Bradbury
    Sarah Parrish
    Tamsin Greig
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be interesting to see if this thread gets more than a handful of replies :)

Anyway ..

Anne Hathaway
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Olivia Wilde
    Suzi Perry
    Victoria Coren
    Jamelia (also might be an unpopular choice...)
    Rachel Riley
    Jodie Marsh
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be interesting to see if this thread gets more than a handful of replies :)

Oh two so far. Bit disappointing, but the showbiz forum seems a bit slow today in terms of activity.
  • MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Essentially this thread is about women who other women find to be unthreatening and not overly attractive.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    All women are jealo...oh hang on. Wrong thread. Sorry.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrfenty wrote: »
    Essentially this thread is about women who other women find to be unthreatening and not overly attractive.

Oh, what rubbish. :rolleyes:

Many women quoted here are stunning, but even if they aren't great lookers they all have genuine talent and seem decent human beings.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Jennifer Saunders
    Dawn French
    Julia Sawalha
    Lesley Smith (historian)
    Fiona Bruce
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Claudia Winkelman
    Sarah Lancashire
    Patricia Hodge
    Lisa Faulkner
    Sheila Hancock
    + most of the names already mentioned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rubbish. This thread was made in good faith in an attempt to highlight talent and class.

I'm really getting sick to the back teeth of some of the attitude on this forum. I'm wondering why I bothered signing up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some more:

Lucy Worsley
    Mary Beard
    Linda Robson
    Ruth Langsford
    Patricia Routledge
    Angela Lansbury
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexandra Burke (misunderstood, nice girl and talented)
    Leona Lewis
    Alicia Silverstone
    Ke$ha (though not a fan of her music, I think she's misunderstood and her talent is under-rated)
    Princess Beatrice (doesn't take herself too seriously)
    Jodie Marsh
    Jasmine Harman
    Lucy Worsley
    Sarah Millican
    Michaela Strachan (love her!)
    Brigette Bardot

I like, or am indifferent to most celebrities. It's just that on this forum we usually end up commenting on the annoying ones!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Utter crap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utter crap.

Thank you, Jason. :)

The aim of this thread is to show that women don't just bitch and moan about each other. I'm glad MOST people have taken it in the right way.
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some more:

Lucy Worsley
    Mary Beard
    Linda Robson
    Ruth Langsford
    Patricia Routledge
    Angela Lansbury

Good minds think alike! We posted that at exactly the same time!
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I think Pink is lovely, she seems a great Mum to her daughter.
  • silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dawn French
    Anne Reid
    Jodie Foster
    Pamela Anderson
    Maggie Smith
    Sarah Millican
    Kate Silverton
    Denise Van Outen
    Nerys Hughes
    Hayley Mills
    Chloe Sevigny
    Jennifer Aniston
    Carey Mulligan
    Jo Brand
    Emeli Sande
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    JK Rowling.
    Maggie Smith
    Caroline Flack
    Ann Hathaway
    Jennifer Lawrence.
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Nicole Kidman!! One of the classiest women in showbiz, in my opinion. And extremely talented in her field!! Absolutely adore her :)
  • MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, what rubbish. :rolleyes:

Many women quoted here are stunning, but even if they aren't great lookers they all have genuine talent and seem decent human beings.

Yeah, I see what you mean but the majority of the people mentioned are not a threat to women. Even though people like Anne Hathaway and Cate Blanchett are not ugly, they wouldn't be classed as "sexy" by men.

Also I'm not saying you should like fame **** like Kim K, Helen Flanagan amongst others but there are girls out there who are stunning to men but are not parading their relationships and personal lives for the world to see and seem like genuine people, like Jourdan Dunn, Miranda Kerr, Rosie Huntington Whitely, Mila Kunis, Eva Mendes, Sofia Vergara etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I see what you mean but the majority of the people mentioned are not a threat to women. Even though people like Anne Hathaway and Cate Blanchett are not ugly, they wouldn't be classed as "sexy" by men.

Also I'm not saying you should like fame **** like Kim K, Helen Flanagan amongst others but there are girls out there who are stunning to men but are not parading their relationships and personal lives for the world to see and seem like genuine people, like Jourdan Dunn, Miranda Kerr, Rosie Huntington Whitely, Mila Kunis, Eva Mendes, Sofia Vergara etc

Oh my God. The White Knighting...it's just too much.

I think I officially give up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I see what you mean but the majority of the people mentioned are not a threat to women

Which is completely not the point of the thread ..
    Even though people like Anne Hathaway and Cate Blanchett are not ugly, they wouldn't be classed as "sexy" by men

See above ..

And finally, this really isn't a thread about female celebrities that women find attractive ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Rosie Huntington Whatsit is all over the ruddy place, as are Mila Kunis and Miranda Kerr. Eva Mendes I'll give you, but I know damn all about Vergara or Dunn.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a grandmother to a couple of pre teens , I like the little mix girls, they seem sensible and down to earth and not too sexual for the kids to look up to (and they do, you cant really stop idolising of the pop stars)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a grandmother to a couple of pre teens , I like the little mix girls, they seem sensible and down to earth and not too sexual for the kids to look up to (and they do, you cant really stop idolising of the pop stars)

Yes, they do seem like genuine and decent girls. I enjoyed their first album. Haven't listened to their newest one yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Julianne Moore (love her!!)
    Elisabeth Shue (she should have been a much bigger star after Leaving Las Vegas)
    Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy - a TV Classic)
    Mila Kunis (hilarious in her roles)
    Jennifer Lawrence (Action queen!!)
    Linda Hamilton (star of my favourite film of all time, so...)
    Kelly Macdonald (cracking actress, very under rated)
    Scarlett Johansonn (she's in so many films that I love)
    Toni Collette (so versatile)
    Judy Davis (ridiculously talented)
    Marion Cotillard (just everything about her)