The Walking Dead Season 4 [US Pace]

Comments

• big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cant wait for the next episode, the governor is back.

one thing i dont get is, the walkers keep congragating around the prison grounds, why dont they dig a trench and put spikes in them to catch the walkers? they could easily use a jcb or even man power.
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was definitely the best episode of the season so far. Season 4 is so much better than season 3.

I love the way we're getting characters interact who we haven't seen before: Rick/Maggie, Hershel/Michonne, Glenn/Lizzie, Sasha/Hershel - it just shows that all of these characters do rely on one another.

Getting rid of Glenn Mazzara was the best thing the show ever did.

And Carol will 100% be coming back! no doubt about it.

P.S. We need more Beth!
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This episode was lacking something, despite me loving the Rick/Karl moments & sweetie Herschel. Perhaps it was because they never showed Daryl & Rick together. Dammit TWD I needed to see this ;-/

Carole will either be IMO one of the leads in spin off or turn up with fruit boy from last week....maybe. Cannot see her working with the governor.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am interested how Daryl will react: he and Carol had an interesting dynamic. I can see him having to kill her at some stage. It has been some time since a regular was killed off.
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sneak peak of the Governor in next weeks show.
    http://www.unblockyoutube.us/permalink.php?url=xIQ0pQ5KYfPxWSu2MueIUEqG6h4V1AQY88f71wGygrWRJRQv9vKk7uXCQwfIlZz3lR7fAZ%2FPZ78LpXMZE21lzg%3D%3D

It is blocked in the UK but it works in this link.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carol will return because.. (major spoilers)
    Melissa McBride has been seen filming since - apparently with Tyreese in episode 14 WITH Lizzie and Mika. It'll be interesting to see what happens here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am interested how Daryl will react: he and Carol had an interesting dynamic. I can see him having to kill her at some stage. It has been some time since a regular was killed off.

Andrea died 6 episodes ago... and Merle an episode before her. Not to mention Milton died in the same episode as Andrea.

I think the next big death we'll see is in the mid season finale. But prior to that I think we'll see Shumpert die in the Governer's episode next week.

Just remember, the first big death ever was Dale, and that was 17 episodes in. It was only season 3 when the show runner demonstrated his bloodlust by killing off about half the cast. I hope we don't lose too many characters this season. I can see Hershel, The Governor, Judith and maybe Tyreese dieing.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FB ruined the end for me with a "He's Back" post yesterday morning.
    I had to unlike the show!
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FB ruined the end for me with a "He's Back" post yesterday morning.
    I had to unlike the show!
    I think a lot of people eventually feel that way :D
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed this episode until the last 5 seconds. I hope the Governor just trips over something and impales himself in the first scene next episode and is never spoken of again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yakutz wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this episode until the last 5 seconds. I hope the Governor just trips over something and impales himself in the first scene next episode and is never spoken of again.

The Governor in the comic books was a much better villian.

Andrea at Woodbury spoilt things. She should have gotten to the prison and remained with the group. Her character kicks ass in the comics.

Hopefully now i think the guvnor will be hell bent on revenge and be more like his character in the books.

Also has anyone else read the novel alongside the comics 'The Rise Of The Governer'?

Major Comic/Book Spoilers
    Totally didn't see the real Phillip dying and his brother Brian actually take his name and become the Governer.

I'm not too sure if in the TV Series its actually the real Phillip Blake or Brian Blake pretending to be his brother Phillip.

Anyone who hasn't read the comics etc i still strongly recommend reading this book.
  • man_bear_pigman_bear_pig Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    So far with each episode this season you could skip to the final 3 minutes , watch the end and still follow the story without having missed much . I hope the rest of it doesn't follow this trend .
  • KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are the zombies fixated at one point in the fence? Why is it that if they stand further down from the fence, the walkers don't follow them? Couldn't they have just had one person go outside the fences and draw them away from the prison? It seems implausible that they can't deal with herds of that size.

And why do they never use Michonne's trick of pet walkers? Why do they never keep bottles of blood around to use as camouflage in emergencies or when going scavenging?

The fact that they introduce these methods of dealing with walkers and then never use them just makes no sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wish they would move on from the prison. There must be other communities around. I honestly don't think These would forgive Carol so it will be interesting to see how that pans out.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KookyKatie wrote: »
    Why are the zombies fixated at one point in the fence? Why is it that if they stand further down from the fence, the walkers don't follow them? Couldn't they have just had one person go outside the fences and draw them away from the prison? It seems implausible that they can't deal with herds of that size.

And why do they never use Michonne's trick of pet walkers? Why do they never keep bottles of blood around to use as camouflage in emergencies or when going scavenging?

The fact that they introduce these methods of dealing with walkers and then never use them just makes no sense.

I thought the the same, the walkers are obsessed with a certain point of the fence and I don't know why. In episode 1 or 2 of this season we are shown people luring walkers away from points of the fence to be killed, but not anymore. I think the problem using Michonne's trick is that it's still a big risk as shown in the first season with Rick and Glen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I do wish they would move on from the prison. There must be other communities around. I honestly don't think These would forgive Carol so it will be interesting to see how that pans out.

I think the whole point of this prison arc is to show that although they felt safe and secure (30 days without an accident) they were fooling themselves. The prison has been and always will be an unsafe environment. They will never be safe there or anywhere else. That's what they will come to realize and they will eventually move on from the prison.
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    I thought the the same, the walkers are obsessed with a certain point of the fence and I don't know why. In episode 1 or 2 of this season we are shown people luring walkers away from points of the fence to be killed, but not anymore. I think the problem using Michonne's trick is that it's still a big risk as shown in the first season with Rick and Glen.

Why is there not a build up of walker bodies at the fence? They keep killing them in the same spot there should be a wall of walker bodies by now.
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KookyKatie wrote: »
    Why are the zombies fixated at one point in the fence?

Perhaps because they have been "trained" to do so by whoever is feeding rats to them?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just reading about new characters to come in. I don't read the comics buy it seems they might be moving from the prison
    This would also allow us to see Carol again as I don't think she would come back. The governor will try and get them out somehow.
  • ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    He'll have to kil Tyreese before he leaves in that case as otherwise Carol will be dead moments after he brings her back to the Prison.

I think people are over-estimating Tyresse's reaction to Rick here. Let's not forget that when Tyresse and Sasha et all showed up, Carl and all the others including Carol, took them in and tended to them. Then Rick showed up, went loopy, started waving his gun around and "banished" them.

Then when Tyresse is angry over the death of Karen, Rick turns on him and pummels him to a pulp - only stopping because Daryl pulls him off.

I can't imagine that Tyresse will automatically trust Rick's version of events with Carol, and may wonder if Rick's gone off the deep end again.

In Tyresse's eyes, he knows Carol, knows she is caring, whilst Rick is still unbalanced.

There must be a reason, plotwise, why Rick went banzai at Tyresse in that scene.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »
    Why is there not a build up of walker bodies at the fence? They keep killing them in the same spot there should be a wall of walker bodies by now.

They use a mechanical noise making device to move the walkers to another part of the fence, then they gather up all the dead walkers and burn them.

I'm assuming they are gathering in the same spot because it's the nearest point to the humans and also because of the old rat feeder.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ikkleosu wrote: »
    There must be a reason, plotwise, why Rick went banzai at Tyresse in that scene.

Not necessarily. Personally, I think the main reason for including this scene was a nod to the comics. It was one of the biggest scenes in the prison arc of the comics, when Rick and Tyreese had a huge fight. I think it was also added to make us believe that Tyreese had genuine feelings for Karen, as we never saw the build-up due to the time jump.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Personally, I think the main reason for including this scene was a nod to the comics. It was one of the biggest scenes in the prison arc of the comics, when Rick and Tyreese had a huge fight. I think it was also added to make us believe that Tyreese had genuine feelings for Karen, as we never saw the build-up due to the time jump.

That would account for why Tyresse was a bit punchy, but why Rick? They can't just throw stuff in,so it's like the comics, without giving a character or plot reason. Rick is meant to be level-headed again, he's the leader, why would he go absolutely nuts battering Tyresse? He would likely have killed him if Daryl hadn't pulled him off.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    ikkleosu wrote: »
    That would account for why Tyresse was a bit punchy, but why Rick? They can't just throw stuff in,so it's like the comics, without giving a character or plot reason. Rick is meant to be level-headed again, he's the leader, why would he go absolutely nuts battering Tyresse? He would likely have killed him if Daryl hadn't pulled him off.

He's not been the leader for a while due to being unbalanced. He was only trying to console Tyreese and ends up getting lumped in the face twice. His reaction was disproportionate but unsurprising considering his state of mind.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member

Same here. I enjoyed season 1 and them moving from place to place, but then came season 2 and them stuck on the farm, and now in the prison. I find myself losing interest.