Options

PS Store - 12 deals of Christmas

Comments

• Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the Premium Edition of BF4, also when is the next playstation plus update if anyone knows.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't be premium dazb. To be honest that would be suicide giving that away. They want to entice you in, then later sell you around 5 map packs.
  • Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want Battlefield for my PS4 but I can't afford it because of Xmas :( I can't even afford the PS3 version to upgrade later. Ah well I suppose. I'll wait a few months and get it when the disk is cheaper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info gilly, i was just a bit confused because it said BF4 premium at the top of the page but then had it for £39.99 below the screenshot, i may purchase it later.
  • Options
    FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really want Battlefield for my PS4 but I can't afford it because of Xmas :( I can't even afford the PS3 version to upgrade later. Ah well I suppose. I'll wait a few months and get it when the disk is cheaper.

I know it's a hard time of the year on the pocket and that you've already said you can't afford it because of Christmas but HMV are selling Battlefield 4 from tomorrow for £29.99.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Function wrote: »
    I know it's a hard time of the year on the pocket and that you've already said you can't afford it because of Christmas but HMV are selling Battlefield 4 from tomorrow for £29.99.

On what console is that? Even if on PS3 it's not bad with the £10 upgrade considering its £50-55 most places, may have to check my outgoings after xmas and once I've been paid.
  • Options
    FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On what console is that? Even if on PS3 it's not bad with the £10 upgrade considering its £50-55 most places, may have to check my outgoings after xmas and once I've been paid.

It's definately on Ps3 and Xbox 360.

http://www.hmvireland.co.uk/playstation-xbox/ps-3/new-release.html

I know that the web address is for HMV Ireland but I heard the advert on local radio here in England.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool thanks for that Function, may have to invest in that in the new year if it's still that price.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's new deals.

Pro Evolution 14 (PS3), was £39.99 now £16.99

Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita), was £29.99 now £14.99

If you're on PS+ you get an additional 10% off both of these.... But with Soul Sacrifice coming free to PS+ soon, subscribers might want to hold off on that one.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good warning on the soul one. I wouldn't have personally bought it but someone might have.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's new deals.

If you're on PS+ you get an additional 10% off both of these.... But with Soul Sacrifice coming free to PS+ soon, subscribers might want to hold off on that one.

I knew it, as soon as they announced Soul Sacrifice for Plus, i knew they'd waste one of the deals on it :(

So far most of the deals have been good, it just so happens that i already own all of the games i'd consider getting
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's new deals.

Another football game?

That's poor considering FIFA has already been on sale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would have got PES 2014 but having read the reviews decided against it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Really want Black Flag so I could get it for the PS4.
  • Options
    steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jalal wrote: »
    Really want Black Flag so I could get it for the PS4.

Yeah me too, think it's the last game I really want out of the first wave of PS4 releases, already got NFS: Rivals (by far my favourite), Killzone SF, Knack and Putty Squad (oddball choice I know but I liked it's retro style). Also have (in digital form): Battlefield 4, Resogun, Contrast and all the cross buys and freebies out of the store. Actually a very decent level of content for a newly released console. :)

If I get Black Flag I will feel my PS4 collection is truly complete, well until they get around to releasing some more games at least :D
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Today the sale choices are:

Rain (PSN Game) For PS3
    Lone Survivor: The Directors Cut For PS Vita
    Olympus has Fallen Cheap Rental.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    I'm predicting Black Flag will be today - Game have it as part of their Advent Calendar today and it has been heavily hinted at by Sony. The Last of Us has also been hinted at, but I'm not sure what the final game will be - anyone have any ideas?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    You can get AC4 Black flag for £23 on PS3 and just upgrade it for £10 anyway so will it be cheaper in the 12 plays of Christmas?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    You can get AC4 Black flag for £23 on PS3 and just upgrade it for £10 anyway so will it be cheaper in the 12 plays of Christmas?

It would appear so http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/19/the-12-deals-of-christmas-deal-10/#more-160953

£18 for PS+ Subscribers :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm guessing it won't be, I'd expect the cheapest we would see is £24.99 like Battlefield 4 was.

As Game have it for £22.49 on PS3 (on the website, probably not instore), I decided to buy it for PS3 and then upgrade it as soon as I get it. Noticed they had a Game special edition and the standard edition both at exactly the same price. As it cost no more, I went for the special edition for the extra DLC, hope it's still upgradeable though? or I'll be needing the cancel sharpish.

EDIT: just seen the PS+ offer, amazing deal, Game order cancelled. IMHO even better than getting the PS3 version to upgrade as you don't have to keep remembering to put the disc in!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    pottsyuk wrote: »

That is an awesome deal! kind of makes up for the poor offers on PS+ for PS4, but i do feel sorry for all the people who paid top price for it on release day with their PS4 :o
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see Assassins Creed 4 on it, £28 for the PS4 version is a nice deal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been wanting AC for a while so jumped in at that price. Cant believe it's only 5gb expected at least 10GB +
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been wanting AC for a while so jumped in at that price. Cant believe it's only 5gb expected at least 10GB +

I think the 5GB is just how much you need to download before you can start to play the game. The whole thing is closer to 22GB according to information on the store.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Glad to see Assassins Creed 4 on it, £28 for the PS4 version is a nice deal.

Nice? It's superb, consider that if you were to buy it digitally on the PS4 directly it would be more than double that!

Needless to say I got it. I'm pleased they have so far already got two PS4 upgradeable titles in there, giving PS4 owners a chance to add a couple games to their collection at a good price, who knows they might even squeeze in another before the end.

One thing I wonder with these PS4 upgrade games, can you still play them on PS3 after you have upgraded or does it somehow disable the PS3 version? I doubt I'd ever play the PS3 one when I have it on PS4, more just curiosity, though I guess it could be handy if you had friends with the game that weren't ready to upgrade.