Options

Breaking: Justin Beiber Arrested on DUI Charges!

Comments

• Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A normal 19 year old doesn't have every indiscretion blown up out of proportion tho. It's almost as though people wanted to punish bieber for his popularity.

Me personally, not really. It's because of stuff like this:
    Last year the singer disappointed thousands of fans in the UK by showing up to gigs late, which left many of his young followers having to leave his performances only moments after he started performing to catch trains home.

Let's just take a moment to consider the word 'thousands'. Of course this wasn't Justin's fault either, in a long string of events that are never his doing where fans of this guy should stand up for each OTHER, not the guy that's ripped them off and wasted their time and money.

How come we expect soldiers to fight for us at 19 and behave responsibly but not performers? Especially as their lives are lived in padded rooms.

And sorry but the YouTube nasty comments thing...please, he could have disabled comments if he didn't want a band of trolls to flip off at him. YouTube, Twitter, they're all a haven for the deranged. You chose to put your self in the arena of opinion (bad and good) when you choose to become a public figure. Nasty people sadly are the chance you take. It's no excuse.
  • Options
    Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I feel a bit sorry for him too Hollie. I know he'll be 20 in a couple of months time but from the age of 14, to have that level of fame, nobody ever saying no to you, was bound to end in tears.

I think the parents, Usher etc have a lot to answer for.

One thing I've noticed is that the people around him will always find away of squirming out of admitting that he has a problem in interviews. Him mum always resorts to the 'prayer' excuse, Scooter always just mumbles about him being 'a good kid' and Usher recently prattled on about the peaks and valleys of someone's life when he was asked about Justin.

It all sounds very sweet (bleurgh) but it doesn't seem like anyone really wants to properly help him :confused:
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    I've never heard any Radio stations play his songs in the UK. I don't know why we are reporting on him in the UK, he's only caused problems here by acting like an idiot outside a hotel,then turning up late for concerts. I wouldn't say world wide star cause not many people are interesting in him in the UK. Probably cause he's so called " Famous"- he thinks that the world owes him, and can get away with anything. Maybe he needs to wake up and realise ' it doesn't'

Of course he's a worldwide star. If not many people are interested in him, why did he sell out 10 arenas, including four nights at the O2 on his last tour and 11 on his first tour including three nights at the O2? Just because he's not played on radio much doesn't take away his fame.

And of course he isn't known because of what happened outside that hotel, if he wasn't known he wouldn't have even been here.

He's known because at one point he was the biggest male popstar in the world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Me personally, not really. It's because of stuff like this:

Let's just take a moment to consider the word 'thousands'. Of course this wasn't Justin's fault either, in a long string of events that are never his doing where fans of this guy should stand up for each OTHER, not the guy that's ripped them off and wasted their time and money.

How come we expect soldiers to fight for us at 19 and behave responsibly but not performers? Especially as their lives are lived in padded rooms.

And sorry but the YouTube nasty comments thing...please, he could have disabled comments if he didn't want a band of trolls to flip off at him. YouTube, Twitter, they're all a haven for the deranged. You chose to put your self in the arena of opinion (bad and good) when you choose to become a public figure. Nasty people sadly are the chance you take. It's no excuse.

Who do grown men feel the need to write them in the first place? What harm is he doing to them personally? None at all.

It's all well and good saying he shouldn't look at them, they shouldn't be written. Why would anybody want to give someone, a complete stranger, a smack in the face? Why would grown adults feel the need to pick on the physical appearance of a child? Because he may not be one now, but he certainly was when adults were lining up to take the piss.

He couldn't win, when he was just a kid, for about 2 years people were saying he was a feminine, gay girl whose balls needed to drop and hated his teeny pop music aimed at little girls. He cuts his hair, works out, sings more mature (in sound at least) music and people start nitpicking again.

If these comments were being aimed at your 15/15 year old son you would want it stopped. Because he sells a few records doesn't mean those comments are ok.

It is his fault, but his parents, his management team, his record label, his mentor, his tour promoters also have a lot to answer for.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    He should go to jail for being a cliché.
    I do not know how the media can muster such a level of interest for something that is becoming a sort of rite of passage for child entertainers. People would be more astonished if he decided to walk the straight line. This story is simply boring, he's such a bland character that he's not even interesting enough to be properly disliked.
  • Options
    LilMissJenLilMissJen Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Ian is a convicted Paedophile and is in prison.

I don't see the logic linking him to this case? Bieber is an over indulged moron with real accountability issues. Nobody has made the link between Watkins and Bieber aside from you.

Trying too hard to be controversial there I'm afraid

One who is trying to appeal his sentence. I'm not "trying" to do anything. Get off your damn high horse.
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exclusive video of Bieber arrest. just kidding :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcMlgSWYENo
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    LilMissJen wrote: »
    One who is trying to appeal his sentence. I'm not "trying" to do anything. Get off your damn high horse.

Watkins is appealing the "length" of his sentence. Still not sure what the relation is to Justin Bieber. His crimes are lesser, but he is a more widely known person.
    FWIW, I think Bieber will probably avoid a prison sentence (or at least will get a suspended sentence). However, because one of the charges relates to a schedule I class drug, it *is* likely that he will have his leave to remain cancelled, as the US take a very strict line about admitting non-citizens with drug-related criminal charges.
  • Options
    JFDonaghyJFDonaghy Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lamborghini Biebs..that mugshot is classic..got that glazed geeked out look.
    its alright though, they'll be able to blame the black lads he hangs about with for him going off the rails.

i see the game....

he's doing everything he can to get away from the nutty little 14 year olds that are his fans and have a different image..he's making more grown up and actual r&b music, hookers, strip clubs, addicted to lean and xannys, ****in instagram models and now house raids and arrests..and then when he does enough damage and goes to rehab he'll clean himself up and thats the last we'll see of young Biebervelli and he'll be all reflective etc and grown up and put out his big comeback album.
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LilMissJen wrote: »
    Its funny how there's nothing about Ian from that rock band but as soon as anything comes up about Bieber you're all over his damn ****.
    I pity him. Smh. He clearly needs help.

Nothing? People barely stopped short of organising a lynch mob. There were multiple threads. Some had to be pulled because it was an ongoing trial. Some because they were attempting to name the women co-accused.
    Some are ongoing -

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1921982

Apologists for him are conspicuously absent, unsurprisingly.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its about time that arrogant tit was arrested
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justin Beiber is going down the route of Lindsey Lohan getting into all sorts and the parents failing him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    He seems very pleased with himself in his mugshot!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All his little fans are tweeting #freebieber nonsense. Being arrested on a DUI charge is more sad than rock n roll. What if he'd knocked someone over, or crashed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its about time that arrogant tit was arrested

Do you think it will make the slightest difference to him though? I mean Chris Brown battered Rihanna and getting arrested hasn't stopped him being a douchebag? It certainly hasn't harmed his career either, if anything he's more popular since
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All his little fans are tweeting #freebieber nonsense. Being arrested on a DUI charge is more sad than rock n roll. What if he'd knocked someone over, or crashed?

I know again it's clearly the adulation that's the problem, not the criticism, they'll defend anything.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think it will make the slightest difference to him though? I mean Chris Brown battered Rihanna and getting arrested hasn't stopped him being a douchebag? It certainly hasn't harmed his career either, if anything he's more popular since

Different markets though, Bieber still appeals to youngsters, some slavishly defend, but his fans have been eroding over his bad behaviour, look at the difference in Box Office over his first film compared to the second one.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Simi89 wrote: »
    He seems very pleased with himself in his mugshot!

On tumblr (and I assume twitter) there's all this nonsense about how he's smiling because he doesn't want his fans to see he's breaking inside. Ignoring the fact he's most likely smiling because he's still high as a kite.

I used to consider myself a pretty obsessive fangirl (never of bieber, I'm far to old to be fooled by that nonsense) until the beliebers and the like came along, now I know I'm only a shade or two more obsessive than a normal person. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    What a drip, about as hardcore as Vanilla Ice. All the hip hop clothes and tattoos aren't going to change that.

That's offensive to Vanilla Ice...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Chris Brown should of been jailed for what he did to Rhianna he obviously got protected

Justin Beiber should be in jail right now for drink driving but clearly he got protected by his management its a joke and this isnt an example you set to young fans
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    This was on Sky news this morning.. It showed all these Beliebers waiting outside his hotel in Miami, singing his songs and basically holding a vigil type thing:o:D

Really. I wonder what would happen if he had knocked down or killed someone. Would they have still been outside his hotel supporting him.

Can he not live at home either or has he upset the neighbours with his egg throwing.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A young Bieber fan has written to him asking ' Why did you do it' Oh dear.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-01-24/dear-justin-bieber-a-young-fans-open-letter-to-the-star/
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is grinning like a moron in his mugshot because in his tiny brain he:

a) thinks he is so gansta for getting arrested.
    b) thinks he won't get done for it because of who he is.
    c) has enough money that he thinks he is untouchable.
    d) just doesn't care because again, he thinks he is above the behaviour the average person has to abide by.

So in total he is a tool who needs knocking down a peg or two.

Unfortunately the only way I see this happening is when he actually hurts someone due to his behaviour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Badcat wrote: »
    He is grinning like a moron in his mugshot because in his tiny brain he:

a) thinks he is so gansta for getting arrested.
    b) thinks he won't get done for it because of who he is.
    c) has enough money that he thinks he is untouchable.
    d) just doesn't care because again, he thinks he is above the behaviour the average person has to abide by.

So in total he is a tool who needs knocking down a peg or two.

Unfortunately the only way I see this happening is when he actually hurts someone due to his behaviour.

Well I would hope now the executives that were pushing him throughout last year have woken up to the mess he is right now and will stop him recording and touring to give him the opportunity to sort himself out before he hurts himself or somebody else
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's either he's trying to be edgy or he's wanting a bit of what he sees as fun by driving around at high speeds in a high powered car. I'm not surprised he got bail. I wonder if an average joe would have gotten bail had they done exactly the same thing as him and been the same age as him?