I think we're in the 'golden era' of the Channel 5 series.

2»

Comments

• ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    What can be said that hasn't been said already

"Golden era" is really pushing it

So they scraped just over 3 million for one episode in which yet again the one sacred rule which our BB has major trouble comprehending and which other BB's don't was broken

Just gives them the green light to think it's ok to keep doing it and drag BB further down a path (if that's possible) where BB is just becoming less and less recognisable

Not all of us are fans of engineered arguments and just want the dynamic to evolve naturally

I know the show has to evolve but they are taking it in totally the wrong direction, far from what BB was and dare I say it more heavily contrived to suit their agenda

Exactly! The whole premis is supposed to be 'no contact with the outside world' but there are people from the outside coming in part way through each series (last series was Rylan doing interviews which pretty much told the HMs the public perception/reaction of each HM, and this series members of their family etc). I also don't like the fact DR conversations are no longer guaranteed to remain private. Face to face nominations are ok but not manipulating/changing nominations - I'd prefer it to be like it was in the early days, with nominations being made 'normally' each Monday (or whatever) and no twists, just whoever was nominated was up and whoever voted out was definitely out, with no secret houses.
  • SSL2010SSL2010 Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    Exactly! The whole premis is supposed to be 'no contact with the outside world' but there are people from the outside coming in part way through each series (last series was Rylan doing interviews which pretty much told the HMs the public perception/reaction of each HM, and this series members of their family etc). I also don't like the fact DR conversations are no longer guaranteed to remain private. Face to face nominations are ok but not manipulating/changing nominations - I'd prefer it to be like it was in the early days, with nominations being made 'normally' each Monday (or whatever) and no twists, just whoever was nominated was up and whoever voted out was definitely out, with no secret houses.

The whole no contact with outside world, hasn't been mentioned for years. Even in the last 2/3 years on C4 it was the same.

People need to let go of the past...bb format is having a mini revival. After all the damage c4 done to the viewing figures and brand.

The no contact with outside world doesn't improve the experience.

It's not a social experiment anymore...Numerous times, Emma and others have stated it's entertainment, and ment to be fun.

C5 have brought it back, and for the last 18months, all series are gaining viewers across the board.

This has been a classic bb, only the petty extremists think different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I have to say I don't really like Big Brother that much but I've loved this series. Truly the best I've ever seen. I wasn't going to watch because of the line-up but it was fantastic..