Options

Worst Facebook status updates (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Where's my hoverboard?" followed by a photoshopped picture from Back to the Future with the DeLorean's clock showing today's date.

The real date is in 2015... I can't wait for it to pass so we can finally put this thing that's been doing the rounds for years to bed.
  • Options
    BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    lionsof66 wrote: »
    "Where's my hoverboard?" followed by a photoshopped picture from Back to the Future with the DeLorean's clock showing today's date.

The real date is in 2015... I can't wait for it to pass so we can finally put this thing that's been doing the rounds for years to bed.

Someone at work told me about this today too. I knew I'd heard it before. In fact I've heard it mentioned about 5 times with different dates. Surely it's not hard to just see the actual date from the film? Why so many people just accepting it's these other dates?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lionsof66 wrote: »

You know that photoshopped versions will still be doing the rounds in 2016 and beyond...

I'm getting fed up of the "in my day we played outside and the TV was a treat, we had no computers but had better games, there weren't pedos round every corner... share this if you had a PROPER childhood!" yadda yadda nostalgia nonsense.

Thankfully I don't have too many baby bores, but I do get "the alcoholics" - people who can't seem to pass a pub without commenting on it.

“had great day in Nottingham now having a quick one before the train home”
    “just having a cheeky pint (or three!) after work”
    “Found a bar that does tequila shots at 3pm – get in!”

And the resultant hangover statuses. Neverending attention seeking, winds me up it really does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone else had 'neck nominations' doing the round on their Facebook? There's at least 10 videos or so of various people doing it on my newsfeed, and bizarrely they get tons of likes. It's just a person wearing a stupid outfit downing a drink!
  • Options
    cutekitty7686cutekitty7686 Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hannahjay wrote: »
    Has anyone else had 'neck nominations' doing the round on their Facebook? There's at least 10 videos or so of various people doing it on my newsfeed, and bizarrely they get tons of likes. It's just a person wearing a stupid outfit downing a drink!

Yep between that and the cimla gusher vid those seem to be the new trends going around :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just deactivated my account for about the 12th time this year. :o I wonder how long I'll last. I can't stand half the crap on Facebook but it at least passes the time reading some of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "OMG I was nearly a goner tonight- almost died"

*cue a million "U OK hun? Wot happened" replies*

"fell on the pavement in my stilletos in front of a hot guy"

I despair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    "OMG I was nearly a goner tonight- almost died"

*cue a million "U OK hun? Wot happened" replies*

"fell on the pavement in my stilletos in front of a hot guy"

I despair.

I was drinking water while reading this and now it has exited my body via the nose, kudos to you and your stilettoed friend :D :P
  • Options
    ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been enjoying this thread for ages now but never commented on it. Usually because most of the people on my facebook aren't so bad but lately they gone a little odd.

This is one from my feed the other day:

Proud mummy moment,baby finally peed in the potty...go'ead me lil'kop chick!!xxxx
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member

Yes!! Someone I have known since I was about 4 posted one the other day. Now all the time I knew her she was as northern as the rest of us and spoke with a northern accent. I was quite surprised, not to mention amused when she posted her "neck nomination" video and was speaking in a faux posh accent. I was like "where the hell has that come from?" Then again she fancies herself as a wannabe sloane so I shouldn't have been that surprised. :D
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    One that appears on my news feed tonight, a friend posting links to birthing videos from YouTube. Now I know it's a natural process and everything, but I don't really want to see someone's hairy mary splashed across my screen....
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep between that and the cimla gusher vid

I'm not sure that I want to know what that is!
    This is one from my feed the other day:

Proud mummy moment,baby finally peed in the potty...go'ead me lil'kop chick!!xxxx

Are you able to translate that for us?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I've just deactivated my account for about the 12th time this year. :o I wonder how long I'll last. I can't stand half the crap on Facebook but it at least passes the time reading some of it.

12 times in 1 month. You deactivate to literally come back after a days break?

Maybe just don't log on for a bit
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Someone on my news feed posted something today along the lines of "My brave mother has beaten cancer for the second time in her life. She has inspired me and I have decided that if this status gets 1,000 likes then I will donate £500 to cancer research" and most of the comments are "OMG you're such a nice person" and "You're incredible, more people should be like you". It's sickening.

a) There's no reason to mention your mum's cancer on Facebook, really
    b) Why not just donate the money instead of asking for 1,000 likes?

It drives me insane! It's the same with people who post statuses and pictures of themselves donating money to tramps and homeless people. Do they really just do this so people think they're wonderful? I have ALOT more respect for people who do nice things and don't put them on Facebook.
    I would have replied "if you're that inspired why don't you just donate it anyway?"

Yes, me too. I bet they don't even donate the money, whether they get 1000 likes or not. It's pretty clear that their motivation is entirely self-serving, and all they want is attention.
  • Options
    IC89IC89 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just looked at my Facebook profile to see how I measure up!

I have to say looking back through my early years on FB 2007-10 (17-20) were pretty embarrassing. While writing essays I'd put status' with 'Only 500 words to go COME ON' and as a football fan I'd constantly swear in my abuse of something that happened etc.

Now I'm as placid as anything and wholly repentant of my actions! I've changed my FB profile picture twice since about 2010, and have only ever had four. (which is still a lot compared to some) and the only things I actually post are check-ins at football stadia and any other notable events I attend (such as the Chelsea Flower Show for work etc.)

So while I was probably a nightmare in my early years, I have become one of the cynical people in this thread and am now the angel Facebook user everyone wants (within reason ;))

I have a FB mum on my feed and I honestly think I've experienced her daughter growing up through photos and status updates more than the estranged father.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on my fb, her five year old daughter has a rash on her body and she has posted loads of photos of her daughter completely naked asking if anyone knows what it could be :-(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is also someone on a selling site selling ten pairs ok knickers, used but in good condition!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DaisieBee wrote: »
    There is also someone on a selling site selling ten pairs ok knickers, used but in good condition!!!!!!!!!
    Ewww. Worn knickers? Mind you some pervy bloke might be keen, save him having to steal them off washing lines. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doh! wrong thread....
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DaisieBee wrote: »
    Someone on my fb, her five year old daughter has a rash on her body and she has posted loads of photos of her daughter completely naked asking if anyone knows what it could be :-(
    And I'll bet this woman is one of the people who posts about "omg paedos using fb to get kids pics "
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about people who write statuses about being "poked" on face book , and come out with the lamest shit ever

" ooh just been poked , a whie since that's happened to me " etc etc .

"Oh my sides please have mercy I've never heard that one before ever !" >:(

And people who go on about "poking wars " . Seriously ?? Grow the **** up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    12 times in 1 month. You deactivate to literally come back after a days break?

Maybe just don't log on for a bit

Oh no sorry I thought it was still 2013. :blush:

I deactivated for about a month last August but it's so frustrating missing out on what your friends are posting. I then decided to just delete everyone that annoyed me and only keep my friends, but then my family started moaning at me and making drama so I had to add all of them back (some of them are so irritating with ther attention seeking posts) and so I decided to block myself from seeing any of their posts and only view my friends. Unfortunately though whenever I posted a status my family could still see it and comment on it so I then had to change my settings so only my friends could see my statuses. My news feed was then dull because I only could see about 20 friends updates so I ended up adding some people back and pretended to have "accidentally deleted them" and now I'm back to mass attention seeking updates and frustration.

What an annoyingly addictive creation.

edit - and to keep in line with the point of the thread, the thing that annoyed me lately was my friends (who all had fancy cars) would post pictures of the car at least twice a week saying "all washed and polished, ready to go :D" and tag everyone in it. I refused to Like or comment on any of them because I don't care about cars at all but I'd see everyone else tagged Liking it and going "omg it looks brilliant" and "wow its soooo clean".
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on you chick lol same ere decamping lmfaoo! N naa rough un I looked monged! & na not yet boo but I onitt I got I'd xxx
  • Options
    BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member

I have seen this. Where on Earth did it come from? I don't think it's one of those pathetic things likw TOWIE or Made in Chelsea because the people who are doing it on my feed don't watch those kind of shows...or at least they never used to.
    bookaddict wrote: »
    Yes, me too. I bet they don't even donate the money, whether they get 1000 likes or not. It's pretty clear that their motivation is entirely self-serving, and all they want is attention.

Exactly. Why need 1,000 likes to do anything? Why not just do it? I can tell she doesn't want to actually donate the money. If she did want to help out then it'd be done right away. No attention seeking at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blofeld wrote: »

Exactly. Why need 1,000 likes to do anything? Why not just do it? I can tell she doesn't want to actually donate the money. If she did want to help out then it'd be done right away. No attention seeking at all.

Well he's already broke the target. He's got over 4,000 friends on Facebook (he's a well known "singer" around here aka tours pubs and clubs and makes tons of YouTube videos with him and his guitar) and I don't think I've ever saw a status that he's posted that hasn't had 100 likes. Pretty much everything he posts is a joke-but-subtely-mentioning-how-good-a-singer-he-is like "Voice coach told me I could probably win the X-Factor LMFAO think he's just saying that to be nice" or "Some woman just came up to me and told me she loved my voice and hopes to hear me on the radio one day, she was SO HOT lmfao!!".

He's already been called an inspiration to young people. Oh my God.