Options

Weight Loss Thread - 2014 Edition

Comments

• Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    JJ75 wrote: »
    All sounds very sensible - you must be really pleased with yourself ;-)

The cheat day sounds like a great idea. Might give that a go myself!!

Thank you, yes I am :) I've also been doing little things like switching to skimmed milk from semi skimmed, only having 1 sugar in my coffee and switching to half fat cheese. Every little helps :D

The cheat day is great, it's pretty much what keeps me motivated throughout the week, and apparently is good for losing weight as it gives your metabolism a kick up the backside because you've been eating really healthy all week and then you get one hit of 'naughty' food so to speak.
  • Options
    AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Axtol wrote: »
    I'm about 17st 1 lb and want to get down to 15st.

I'm happy to say I am now 16st 7 lb and mainly have MyFitnessPal to thank for that. It really helps make me more aware of what I eat when I force myself to record it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I haven't be on for a while so well done to everyone with the weight loss!!! I have now lost 29lbs in total... 2 stone down so very very happy although I have no clothes that actually fit anymore and I am refusing to go shopping until I get to my target!!!
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, my weights are metric,

1st Jan 87.5 kg
    12th Jan 85.9kg
    19th Jan 85.5kg (when to two parties that weekend)
    26th Jan 84.1kg
    2nd Feb 81.9 kg

I don't have a target date in mind but I want to try and get down to 72kg or 73kg.

All I have done is cut out junk, reduced refined carbs and portion control. Can't even exercise at the moment due to injury. Hopefully start light training in the next 2 weeks or so.
  • Options
    ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone recommend me a good low salt and low calcium/dairy diet plan please? Anyone tried one which has been successful?
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, on 2nd January I posted on here that I was 12 stone 11Ib.

Im not exactly doing very well. I am now 12 stone 10Ib. I wouldn't get the party poppers out yet !!
  • Options
    SplotSplot Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »

Im not exactly doing very well. I am now 12 stone 10Ib. I wouldn't get the party poppers out yet !!

At least you've managed to lose a pound. I've put on weight since I started. Chin up, we'll get there in the end!
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote: »

It's not easy is it? I've been trying since 6th January, and lost 1 and a half pounds, but at least we are going down.:) I'm now 13stone 1

Porcupine, let's celebrate when we lose the next 1!

My first aim is to get below 13st
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I found this page very helpful, the exercises are quick and easy to do:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/Pages/Tenminuteworkouts.aspx

:)

hey thanks :) will look properly tomorrow on those

Weighed in at 8 stone 13.4 :cool: other day but this morning was 9 stone..I am at least need/or want to lose another half stone yet and get right down..i can't believe how small i used to be first time of losing weight( it was 7 or 8 years ago though, i was tiny :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another 2lbs off this week, 17lbs in total
    :D

And of course it's treat night tonight, thinking of having a Chinese :D
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did well in the first few weeks of Jan but I've hit one of those annoying plateaus where the scales don't shift no matter what you do. I'm determined to get through it though as this is the time when I've given up in the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I did well in the first few weeks of Jan but I've hit one of those annoying plateaus where the scales don't shift no matter what you do. I'm determined to get through it though as this is the time when I've given up in the past.

Are you exercising as well as diet change ? Might be worth changing things around a bit if you have plateaued.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Step up the exercise. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »

zumba,walking and sit ups help me :)

also its a right pain shifting tummy, waist and abs..this where i want it gone from now...will be doing some stuff later on like the above i mentioned, but for now i just chilling out on this dreadful Saturday afternoon :p
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »

Does that mean walking to the pub more often? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does that mean walking to the pub more often? ;-)

Of course...what other form of exercise is there? :confused:

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    Sorry, my weights are metric,

1st Jan 87.5 kg
    12th Jan 85.9kg
    19th Jan 85.5kg (when to two parties that weekend)
    26th Jan 84.1kg
    2nd Feb 81.9 kg

I don't have a target date in mind but I want to try and get down to 72kg or 73kg.

All I have done is cut out junk, reduced refined carbs and portion control. Can't even exercise at the moment due to injury. Hopefully start light training in the next 2 weeks or so.

9th Feb 81.7kg.

Not a great week as I blew my knee within 10 minutes of starting training. Plus my friends 40th party, ended up drinking and eat all the wrong stuff. But all rev'ed up to make up for it this week.
  • Options
    JAMESPEARCE91JAMESPEARCE91 Posts: 3,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never been on a healthy lifestyle plan long enough to join this thread but I have managed 19lbs since January 5th so thought I would join in with the thread ... Taking the plunge after 4 years!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never been on a healthy lifestyle plan long enough to join this thread but I have managed 19lbs since January 5th so thought I would join in with the thread ... Taking the plunge after 4 years!

Well done, anything in particular you are doing different.
  • Options
    JAMESPEARCE91JAMESPEARCE91 Posts: 3,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    Well done, anything in particular you are doing different.

Exercising which I hardly ever did. 6 days a week, walking or aerobics. Then it is just cutting down on food, I hit 300lbs last year and it was a milestone I never wanted to hit. The GP wouldn't help me so I'm doing it by myself!
  • Options
    My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I joined Weight Watchers on 8th January, and since then I have lost 10 1/2 lbs. Go me! I've had an excellent eating day today, and I am planning on joining the gym with a friend next pay day. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New to the weight loss thread.
    Started on 17st 2 lbs New Year's Day. Weighed myself today and now 15st 12 lbs. just using myfitnesspal app. I am on 1400 cals a day and if I have a bad day then the day after I have 600 cals. Finding it easy and not hungry as I am eating low cal foods. Still a long way to go as want to be 11 st.

Congratulations Rob,

I've managed to lose the same amount of weight as you, as I weighed 18st on NYD and now weigh 16st 10lbs.
    Although you will have lost even more by now I bet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i am now at 8st.12.8 :) was 8st.12.4 but i had some of those tiny costa coffee tiny cupcakes in the bag..They were so moreish i ate the lot lol..

coming up to losing 5 stone :cool: go me :cool:
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Splot wrote: »
    At least you've managed to lose a pound. I've put on weight since I started. Chin up, we'll get there in the end!
    Mrs F wrote: »
    It's not easy is it? I've been trying since 6th January, and lost 1 and a half pounds, but at least we are going down.:) I'm now 13stone 1

Porcupine, let's celebrate when we lose the next 1!

My first aim is to get below 13st

Sorry, I haven't been around as much lately - but YEY, LETS HEAR IT FOR THE POUND CREW :D
  • Options
    BeccyJayne2247BeccyJayne2247 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agghhhhhhhhh!!!!! Someone tape my mouth shut, tie my hands behind my back and shoot me for eating crap!!!! Please!!