Options

The Big Reunion: Series 2

Comments

• Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised at how small Eternal were. It saved a boring episode.

I disagree. Perhaps not so interesting if you're a slightly younger viewer, but I think this was one of the best episodes yet. Explosive, detailed and highly fascinating. Just a pity Damage and Corey couldn't settle their differences and move on.:(
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    td1983 wrote: »
    I disagree. Perhaps not so interesting if you're a slightly younger viewer, but I think thiswas one of the best epsiodes yet. Explosive, detailed and highly fascinating. Just a pity Damage and Corey couldn't settle their differences and move on.:(

I agree it was the best episode so far. Interesting what Kavanah had to say about the Bennett sisters. There were rumours back in the day that Esther and vernie were not very nice and forced Louise and eventually Kelly out of the group.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    td1983 wrote: »
    I disagree. Perhaps not so interesting if you're a slightly younger viewer, but I think this was one of the best episodes yet. Explosive, detailed and highly fascinating. Just a pity Damage and Corey couldn't settle their differences and move on.:(

I agree, it was one of the more interesting episodes for me - possibly because I seem to be bucking a trend in not actually being that bothered about Eternal.
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is not just her money. They are a married couple. They most likely have a joint account. If they were to divorce he would be entitled to a share of the money as he stayed at home to look after the kids whilst she went out to work. There is no excuse for him not paying his share of the debt. We are talking roughly £20,000. Please don't tell me he couldn't find that type of money if he really wanted to. It is pennies to those two.

They aren't married yet actually! Easy mistake to make though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi, I am conducting research on the Big Reunion for my dissertation, and would love to hear about everyones opinions of the show, favourite bands, and why people watch it etc. Any information used is purely for educational purposes only and will be completely confidential and anonymous. All participants can withdraw at any stage of the research and their input will be completely removed. Thank you, any problems/questions please contact me on michael.brown2@go.edgehill.ac.uk

I have also put together a short questionnaire about the show, any responses would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/H655VGW

Thanks very much

Michael Brown
  • Options
    AbsolutelyAbsolutely Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to do the survey, but it does not work, when I click nothing come up.
  • Options
    PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Survey done, worked fine for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit pushed for time right now but will make sure to do it when I get chance :)
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Survey worked for me. Done.
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it was the best episode so far. Interesting what Kavanah had to say about the Bennett sisters. There were rumours back in the day that Esther and vernie were not very nice and forced Louise and eventually Kelly out of the group.

Evie, the coach also said she heard that they were divas. It seems like they may have made a bad impression on others too. I hope they will be nicer to Kelly this time round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit pushed for time right now but will make sure to do it when I get chance :)

Done.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All it seems to me is that Rahsaan seems to think he's the 'puppet master' of Damage. He had enough time with Andre to indoctrinate him and make him take the lead in the meeting of the 5 of them. The way he took over when all the groups met was very telling. Stood over Jade when he was talking to camera too. This is not to say that Coree was blameless.

Eternal sisters do seem difficult but who knows.
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the only way they could make a tour successful appears to be by bringing in acts from the first series, and dumping the girls!

It’s been reported today that The Big Reunion tour will feature male acts from both this year’s series and last year’s, but apparently, girl groups including Eternal, Atomic Kitten and Girl Thing have been ditched in a bid to boost ticket sales.

According to The Sun, the tour’s sponsors dropped the girl bands from the line-up in a bid to “drive ticket sales from eager female fans.”

Is that not a tad sexist? And aren’t there supposed to be laws relating to equality these days?

Anyhoo, a show source told TV Biz, “This tourwill be massive…

“The whole idea is that the past is the future – and these bands have huge followings desperate to get out and see them perform their old classics.

“There’ll be plenty of partying and fun on the road.”

The insider continued, “We haven’t seen anything like this for years.

“The demand from female fans is out there, so the show producers decided this twist and losing the girl groups would give their loyal viewers exactly what they want.”

And if you want to see girl groups? Tough t** apparently as the groups on the billing for the Smash Hits-esque tour will be Blue, 5ive, 911, 5th Story, A1, Damage and 3T. And furthermore, if ticket sales for the UK tour go well, it seems the show’s bosses could branch out and schedule gigs across Europe.

Tickets for the shows go on sale Saturday March 22 at 9am and will be available from Live Nation and Ticketmaster. In addition, fans will also be able to purchase VIP meet-and-greet packages so that they can meet their idols backstage.

Here’s where the tour is headed…

Friday October 17 – Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
    Saturday October 18 – The O2 Arena London
    Sunday October 19 – Nottingham Capital FM Arena
    Monday October 20 – Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
    Tuesday October 21 – Birmingham LG Arena
    Wednesday October 22 – Bournemouth BIC
    Thursday October 23 – Brighton Centre
    Saturday October 25 – Glasgow The SSE Hydro
    Sunday October 26 – Manchester Phones 4U Arena
    Monday October 27 – Leeds first direct arena
    Tuesday October 28 – Liverpool Echo Arena
    Wednesday October 29 – Aberdeen AECC GE Oil & Gas Arena
    Thursday October 30 – Newcastle Metro Radio Arena

But what say you on the subject of dropping the girl groups? Not impressed or not bothered?

http://www.*******************/reality-tv/big-reunion-2014-tour-ditches-girl-groups-eternal-atomic-kitten-girl-thing-erm-sexist-much/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Thank you to everyone who completed my survey on the big reunion for me! I've had quite a lot of responses and it were ally is appreciated :)

What is everyone's thoughts on the big reunion opting to have a boys only tour this year?!
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,998
    Forum Member
    Tribute wrote: »
    So the only way they could make a tour successful appears to be by bringing in acts from the first series, and dumping the girls!

It’s been reported today that The Big Reunion tour will feature male acts from both this year’s series and last year’s, but apparently, girl groups including Eternal, Atomic Kitten and Girl Thing have been ditched in a bid to boost ticket sales.

According to The Sun, the tour’s sponsors dropped the girl bands from the line-up in a bid to “drive ticket sales from eager female fans.”

Is that not a tad sexist? And aren’t there supposed to be laws relating to equality these days?

Anyhoo, a show source told TV Biz, “This tourwill be massive…

“The whole idea is that the past is the future – and these bands have huge followings desperate to get out and see them perform their old classics.

“There’ll be plenty of partying and fun on the road.”

The insider continued, “We haven’t seen anything like this for years.

“The demand from female fans is out there, so the show producers decided this twist and losing the girl groups would give their loyal viewers exactly what they want.”

And if you want to see girl groups? Tough t** apparently as the groups on the billing for the Smash Hits-esque tour will be Blue, 5ive, 911, 5th Story, A1, Damage and 3T. And furthermore, if ticket sales for the UK tour go well, it seems the show’s bosses could branch out and schedule gigs across Europe.

Tickets for the shows go on sale Saturday March 22 at 9am and will be available from Live Nation and Ticketmaster. In addition, fans will also be able to purchase VIP meet-and-greet packages so that they can meet their idols backstage.

Here’s where the tour is headed…

Friday October 17 – Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
    Saturday October 18 – The O2 Arena London
    Sunday October 19 – Nottingham Capital FM Arena
    Monday October 20 – Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
    Tuesday October 21 – Birmingham LG Arena
    Wednesday October 22 – Bournemouth BIC
    Thursday October 23 – Brighton Centre
    Saturday October 25 – Glasgow The SSE Hydro
    Sunday October 26 – Manchester Phones 4U Arena
    Monday October 27 – Leeds first direct arena
    Tuesday October 28 – Liverpool Echo Arena
    Wednesday October 29 – Aberdeen AECC GE Oil & Gas Arena
    Thursday October 30 – Newcastle Metro Radio Arena

But what say you on the subject of dropping the girl groups? Not impressed or not bothered?

http://www.*******************/reality-tv/big-reunion-2014-tour-ditches-girl-groups-eternal-atomic-kitten-girl-thing-erm-sexist-much/

I think we could see an all female tour around the same time if I'm honest. The whole point of the show is nostalgia so I think for the majority of people would go to a joint tour anyway, male and female. If the show was about groups today aimed at 14/15/16 year old girls and it was a tour of current/recently split groups, One Direction, JLS, The Wanted, Union J, Lawson and The Vamps but girl groups like Little Mix, Sugababes, Saturdays, Girls Aloud weren't involved, then the 'all male to drive the female ticket sales' would probably work.
  • Options
    ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evie, the coach also said she heard that they were divas. It seems like they may have made a bad impression on others too. I hope they will be nicer to Kelly this time round.

I was surprised how candid they were to camera about their thoughts regarding Eternal. But that's one of the reasons I really like this show :)

Looking forward to hearing some singing next week!
  • Options
    ChrisJamesSatsChrisJamesSats Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    I was hoping they would do a tour but the all male thing has put me off. I would have loved to have seen Girl Thing and Eternal from this year, I went to see the tour last year and Atomic Kitten and B*Witched were great. I would have no interest in seeing Damage, 3T and 5ive with no Abz. I did enjoy Blue and 5ive last year however.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was hoping they would do a tour but the all male thing has put me off. I would have loved to have seen Girl Thing and Eternal from this year, I went to see the tour last year and Atomic Kitten and B*Witched were great. I would have no interest in seeing Damage, 3T and 5ive with no Abz. I did enjoy Blue and 5ive last year however.

I don't like the idea of 5ive without Abz at all. Jason I could cope with because I didn't really like his voice anyway and think Abz has done much better with his verses, but I've heard Scott rap and I don't like it at all. Bit disappointing he won't be involved but I'm glad he hasn't left the band completely (according to their twitter)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5ive without Abz? So what are they now... Three?
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,231
    Forum Member
    Crazy, surely keeping them all involved would boost ticket sales, not dropping groups?!

I hope the tour falls flat
  • Options
    Forum Member
    5ive without Abz? So what are they now... Three?

Lol yep. I'm sure it isn't but maybe Abz's views on A1 have influenced his decision...

"I thought I'd give A1 a chance and allow myself to indulge in their story, but I kept finding myself drifting off into thoughts of what I needed from Morrisons the next day. I had to watch it again on ITV+1 and force myself to listen, so here's the lowdown...

A1 originally had four members but Paul 'I figured the ship was sinking so I'd better get off' Marazzi left after a sequence of unfortunate events - the main one being some French chick pinching his verse on 'Caught In The Middle' when the band did a duet with her. Paul never turned up at the airport and was never seen again. Christian is still hurt by Paul's actions and blah blah blah...

As the band got bigger and bigger, the competition was on between Ben 'big up myself' Adams and Christian 'Norway's finest' Ingebstdisoasenhosen to be centre of attention. They would compare willy sizes and even ended up fighting for the same girls, which one time resulted in Ben getting b*tch slapped by Christian - to which Ben said, "You slapped me" and Christian replied, "Yes I did".

Definition of a b*tch slap: 'To open-handedly slap someone. Denote disrespect for the person being b*tch slapped, as they are not worthy of a man-sized punch. Suggests the slap was met with little resistance and much whining.'

After winning Best Newcomer at the Brit Awards, Noel Gallagher said: "These awards have been accused of lacking a sense of humour, but then you see A1 win Best Newcomer." Mark, reminiscing on the event, said: "Yeah right, you just wish you were doing what we were doing." WHAT?!

Here are some Ben facts courtesy of me:

Ben won Most Fanciable Male at the Smash Hits Poll Winners and, in his speech, asked if anyone wanted to come back for a bit of hot action? Chances are, he ended up alone that night..

Ben would like to have been on Tracy Chapman's albums but he wasn't in the studio.

Ben thinks they were like "the One Direction of pop 10 years ago".

Lord help us all..."
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Ben thinks they were like "the One Direction of pop 10 years ago".

Lord help us all..."

I did a serious eye roll when he said that, they were well behind Westlife and Five sales wise. They were the 'Union J' of their day
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    duffman696 wrote: »
    Thank you to everyone who completed my survey on the big reunion for me! I've had quite a lot of responses and it were ally is appreciated :)

What is everyone's thoughts on the big reunion opting to have a boys only tour this year?!

I think its an awful idea!! It was inevitable that the only way they could sell a tour would be to bring back some of last year's acts, and I can understand losing Girl Thing (does anyone care!?), but it would have been good to let Eternal do the tour. It's mad to not have the biggest group in the current series on tour!

I can understand why they're doing this, but 5ive without Abz sounds stupid, I think this is a disaster waiting to happen.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crazy, surely keeping them all involved would boost ticket sales, not dropping groups?!

I hope the tour falls flat

Not really. The more acts that are involved, the more the tour will cost to put on, and therefore higher ticket prices. The more acts that are involved, the less each act will get to perform, so if you only like two or three acts, the rest are filler.

Sorry if your favourite isn't on this line-up, but wishing it to fail is childish. I've seen speculation that a separate girl group tour might go ahead, or that Eternal might put on their own, lower key, tour, perhaps with another group that would appeal to a combined fan-base.

IMO, it's a waste of time bringing back 5ive if it isn't the lot of them. Their hard-core fans will have seen them last year, so a reduced version this year is going to be disappointing. Some members you can do without, but Abz was one of the more interesting ones.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    So the powers that be think that 3T are going to shift more tickets than Eternal, one of the biggest and most successful bands in the 90s?! It beggars belief that the producers came up with such a ludicrous idea to have an all boy band tour. Surely it's idiotic to assume that female fans of 90s music only buy songs from male artists?!