Should Charlie Wernham be in EE not HO?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well yes but also the nature of the actor. He'd be good on EE.

He actually not a londoner he's from Essex
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really rate Charlie Wernham as an actor tbh. Alrigt for comedy in Bad Education but not good at anything that requires him to so anything more than act like a hard lad and say something like 'I'd watch your mouth if I was you', he's far outclassed by the actor who plays Jason
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched his BGT audition. :D

I remember that lad but didn't realise it was him.
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it how you just expect us to know who Charlie Wernham plays :D

I would say that I prefer the one who plays his twin, but then he plays a 15 year old. Knowing that Charlie is 19, I'm hoping Alfie Browne-Sykes is about the same age as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or they'll hire then when they want to 'sex up' the show and bring in a younger audience. I think it's a shame though how looked down upon some soaps are (Brookside got the same treatment) when half of the Corrie and EE's casts are nothing spectacular anyway.

CS, EE and Emmerdale are no better or worse than HO, quality wise. Ho is a bit naff now, but a few years ago HO was better than EE. Stop being a dull snob. All soaps are middling drama
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I think Charlie Wernham would probably do fine on EE or any other soap. He seems like a pretty solid actor (I haven't seen much else) and I think he could probably fit in with most of the casts of each soap. I don't think he's brilliant by any means, but certainly solid. I think overall Hollyoaks is looked down at for its acting (although I think the storylines do not really serve the actors well), but just as in any soap there are stronger actors and weaker ones. I don't know, perhaps the ratio of strong to weak actors is bigger on Hollyoaks, but I think on every soap there are performances that are strong and others that are crap. As far as Hollyoaks right now, I think the main problem are the weak and uninteresting storylines that do not serve the characters very well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IWasBored wrote: »
    I like it how you just expect us to know who Charlie Wernham plays :D

I would say that I prefer the one who plays his twin, but then he plays a 15 year old. Knowing that Charlie is 19, I'm hoping Alfie Browne-Sykes is about the same age as well

To be fair, a lot of people do seem to know who Charlie Wernham is - he is a HO regular.

Could be from him being in Bad Education on BBC Three, prior to HO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, a lot of people do seem to know who Charlie Wernham is - he is a HO regular.

Could be from him being in Bad Education on BBC Three, prior to HO.

I think that they all had to google him like I did :D. Never even heard of Bad Education
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IWasBored wrote: »
    I think that they all had to google him like I did :D. Never even heard of Bad Education

Ok then you got me - the power of google and Wikipedia.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I had to google him. :D And found his BGT audition. Lol