Should we have some young house-shares in EE?

bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,839
Forum Member
With Jake and Aleks living together, and DTC keen to make it more like modern London, why not move some of the younger characters out of their homes and in together?

Whitney now needs to move away from the Butcher/ Jacknson/ Wicks tribe and be a character in her own right. It would be interesting to see Whitney, Lauren and Johnny living together!

Comments

• EE Fan 1990EE Fan 1990 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would be a good idea or even Sonia and Whitney?
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is exactly what should be happening. With the 'edges of Shoreditch' creeping in, house or flat sharing would be incredibly common. No young person could afford to live in that area on their own. Possible combinations:

Lauren, Whitney, Johnny (oh no, there's only 2 beds... Lauren and Whitney will have to share :eek: :D)
    Lee, Dean, Nancy
    Jake and Aleks is a believable one.
    The likes of Jay, Dexter, and Fatboy might think about it.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I like the idea of that :)
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, this sounds like a good idea and very realistic. Without a lot of money or a very good job, young 20somethings would never be able to live on their own.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    With someone like Ian as their landlord. :)

Actually it does seem that all the youngsters seem to live with their families or with some random oldie they are not related to, realistically some of them would be moving out. Whitney for instance has to share a room with young Tiffany.

It would be good for someone like Tamwar to cut the apron strings and have a bit of interaction with characters his own age.

We could have Tamwar, Fatboy and Whitney living together as I feel that could be a good dynamic.
  • Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like too see Johnny, Fats, Dexter and Jay please...imagine the morning q for the showers ,,,,,,, mmmmmm yeah
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    With someone like Ian as their landlord. :)

Actually it does seem that all the youngsters seem to live with their families or with some random oldie they are not related to, realistically some of them would be moving out. Whitney for instance has to share a room with young Tiffany.

It would be good for someone like Tamwar to cut the apron strings and have a bit of interaction with characters his own age.

We could have Tamwar, Fatboy and Whitney living together as I feel that could be a good dynamic.

Would be, but all will be like hey lets all go out on a massive bender tonight, and Tamwar will be like, Oh umm yeah I can't drink, then everyone is miserable!
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tamwar, Lauren, Whitney and Johnny would be very interesting.

However, I doubt Johnny would move out while he's still at uni. Maybe Dean or Lee?
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,871
    Forum Member
    They could introduce Walford College and bring in student house share.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Tamwar, Lauren, Whitney and Johnny would be very interesting.

However, I doubt Johnny would move out while he's still at uni. Maybe Dean or Lee?

Johnny needs to live the girls behind. He needs to strike out on his own.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't like to see any of the Carter kids moving out of the Vic just yet. It feels like a warm and friendly family unit at the moment, it would be a shame if they abandoned that before it was necessary.

It's actually fairly realistic that the younger characters live with their parents; hardly any of them have a regular steady income and renting in London is very expensive. What I do find a bit hard to swallow is the likes of all the Mitchells living together, Tina and Shirley living at the Vic, Carol and David living with Bianca and her kids and Cora and Dexter wandering from house to house. They need to look at getting the grown-ups into more suitable housing situations before looking at the younger generation.
  • ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very good idea and is a lot more realistic than everyone living with their families. I can see Dean and Lee living together with maybe Whitney and Lauren downstairs.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Realistically a group of arty students would be good...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Lauren moving out in disgust when Stacey moves in. She could set up easily with Whitney and some new characters. The danger is that it becomes too much like E20 though.

Whitney would want to move out but most of the other characters have it too good where they are already so there is no impetus for them to find their own place.

Something they need to sort out is Patrick living in an empty B+B...they should have brought a manager in to keep it running
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cora and Dexter move back to the B & B..
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bring back, Leon, Mercy and Zsa Zsa to live with Fats.

On second thoughts lets not!
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cora needs a proper home especially at her age. I agree that some of the younger characters should house share. It would lead to some good stories.