Options

People who text ALL the time!!

Trickster999Trickster999 Posts: 1,639
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Had this when I've gone to friends houses or met them for coffee.......conversation trails off as they are incessantly texing....just find this so rude and annoying.....this texing business is the worst that can happen to decent conversation!

Comments

• Options
    pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had this when I've gone to friends houses or met them for coffee.......conversation trails off as they are incessantly texing....just find this so rude and annoying.....this texing business is the worst that can happen to decent conversation!

I completely agree. It extremely rude. I went on a night out with a friend once and she was constantly on her phone. Then she took offence when i asked her if she was bored.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree. It extremely rude. I went on a night out with a friend once and she was constantly on her phone. Then she took offence when i asked her if she was bored.

Who are these people texing? Saw two bouncers in a club heads down, texing for ONE AND A HALF HOURS, heads were down literally for that time as well, unbelievable
  • Options
    pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who are these people texing? Saw two bouncers in a club heads down, texing for ONE AND A HALF HOURS, heads were down literally for that time as well, unbelievable

Lol they might be on facebook or something. But still people should leave there phones at home. Its ridiculous iv seen people many a time on a night out just all sat there looking at their phones. Then they will take a picture of themselves looking like they are having a good time then back on their phones lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol they might be on facebook or something. But still people should leave there phones at home. Its ridiculous iv seen people many a time on a night out just all sat there looking at their phones. Then they will take a picture of themselves looking like they are having a good time then back on their phones lol.

The Bouncers were very lucky it didn't kick off in that time
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I have had mobiles phones now for about 15-16 now years I guess and in that time I don't think I've sent 10 text messages
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    People who text ALL the time!!

Get on my bloody nerves when they are in company.
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought my husband was having an affair the amount of time he spent on his phone. Turns out it was much worse...he had developed a candy crush addiction.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a bit ignorant, I agree.

Not so bad if there's a group of you, but one to one, it's really bad manners.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are these people texing? Saw two bouncers in a club heads down, texing for ONE AND A HALF HOURS, heads were down literally for that time as well,unbelievable

You're right, I don't believe you. Who goes to a club and does nothing but literally stare at two bouncers for one and half hours straight?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    You're right, I don't believe you. Who goes to a club and does nothing but literally stare at two bouncers for one and half hours straight?

I do......I was a bouncer working there and I was the other side of the dancefloor and could see them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do......I was a bouncer working there and I was the other side of the dancefloor and could see them.

So you weren't doing your job either. (I was a bouncer for 10 years)
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I occasionally text, but tend to follow the old lead from the ad BT used to use - "It's good to talk".

Besides, why pay an extortionate amount for a mobile phone when your calls on landline are free! Doesn't make sense.

And why put things on Facebook like" I'm on the beach at Lanzarote", which lets every single "friend" know that your house is available to be burgled?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you weren't doing your job either. (I was a bouncer for 10 years)

Yes pal I was doing my job I was stood on a cabinet So I could see above the whole dancefloor, and obviously I looked in their direction from time to time and yes for 90 mins there heads were down texting. Give me a break I was the only one on the ball
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes pal I was doing my job I was stood on a cabinet So I could see above the whole dancefloor, and obviously I looked in their direction from time to time and yes for 90 mins there heads were down texting. Give me a break I was the only one on the ball

If you looked in their direction from time to time then you weren't looking at them the whole time (even though earlier you said you did), so you aren't really really in a position to say they were texting heads were down literally for the whole 90 minutes.
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some of you might have heard of him, some of you maybe not, but he is a "graffiti" artist whose work has appeared all over the world. His work are very often on social criticism. His latest work appeared in Bristol and was immediately removed with the idea of selling it. For the moment at least, it is in the Bristol Art Museum. This one reflects on many people's addiction to their smart 'phones. Click on the image to see it full size.

It's brilliant.

http://www.banksy.co.uk/index2.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you looked in their direction from time to time then you weren't looking at them the whole time (even though earlier you said you did), so you aren't really really in a position to say they were texting heads were down literally for the whole 90 minutes.

Do you think I'm some kind of bullshitter?I could see over everybody and they were in my line of sight. They shouldn't be texing, end of!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How do you know they're texting though? With smartphones they might just as easily be posting on DS. But I do agree, whatever it is they're doing on their phone, it's rude if you're in company having a conversation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think I'm some kind of bullshitter?I could see over everybody and they were in my line of sight. They shouldn't be texing, end of!

Yes, I do. Either that or you don't know the meaning of the word literally. And you've changed you're story again from saying you looked in their direction from time to time, to them being in your line of sight - which would still mean you either focused on them for the whole 90 minutes or you only focused at them from time to time, meaning you are bullshitting, or you weren't doing you're job correctly.
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member

I find it so rude when this happens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I do. Either that or you don't know the meaning of the word literally. And you've changed you're story again from saying you looked in their direction from time to time, to them being in your line of sight - which would still mean you either focused on them for the whole 90 minutes or you only focused at them from time to time, meaning you are bullshitting, or you weren't doing you're job correctly.

God your hard work
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate texting, I only do it when I have to. Otherwise a quick chat will do for me.
  • Options
    Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Im the opposite I barely text because I hate my touchscreen phone and am looking to get a new one with the buttons instead.
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've a mate who does this - you're talking and he'll start using twitter or whatsapp.
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ShaunIOW wrote: »
    I've a mate who does this - you're talking and he'll start using twitter or whatsapp.

I don't get how people don't realise how seriously rude this is. :confused:
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else, when they see someone walking and texting, think "I hope you walk into a lamppost"?