Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    Waaaait....

Is it really only 2 weeks until semi final 1??? Wow!

A week today the rehearsals start :o
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,284
    Forum Member
    A week today the rehearsals start :o

Time flies when you're having fun! :D
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part of me wants the contest to come as soon as possible, but part of me wants to put it off for as long as possible, because I've got exams right after it which I know virtually nothing for.... :eek:
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has crept up so quickly this year!
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish it was May already :blush: I've been so into the contest this year. Mostly because it's nice to see we have a fighting chance
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm both excited and frightened at how quick it's come around because it's also an omen of how much I have to do personally. :(
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CAF wrote: »
    AZE - Start A Fire
    I have the impression they tried do to an Adeles' "Skyfall", but it is just become one of the most boring songs I ever heard at Eurovision - 1/10

GBR - Children Of The Universe
    a quality song with several changes of the tune - one low point I can't take Molly seriously to sing about protest - 7/10

I said in an ignored post that the 'power to the people' bit sounded tagged on to it, the singing of the title line is really the heart of that one.

Just comparing that Adele song I much prefer Start a Fire, the chorus is way more expressive, Skyfall sounds a bit trite there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    I said in an ignored post that the 'power to the people' bit sounded tagged on to it, the singing of the title line is really the heart of that one.

Just comparing that Adele song I much prefer Start a Fire, the chorus is way more expressive, Skyfall sounds a bit trite there.

I don't think it sounds like Skyfall at all, but more like the Azeri attempt of Hometown Glory down to the sole piano leading the top line throughout and the fond lyrics telling the life ~the land of fyah~.
  • Options
    contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    It is pretty rubbish

*slaps BBG* It's brill...

As for Undo -- you lot can undo your knickers when it doesn't do as well as hoped ;) That said if Popular can go top 3 -- then by that logic Undo could win (as well as pretty much any other song in the history of the contest)...>:(:D
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Skyfall comparison suits Austria much better tbh if we are going down the Bond route.
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Eurovision.tv say "7 days until the first rehearsals. Live coverage on eurovision.tv" does that mean we'll get full rehearsal videos or just the impressions like last year?
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,225
    Forum Member
    This may sound like an odd question but has anyone had any security problems with scorewiz?
  • Options
    CAFCAF Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    starry wrote: »

I am not sure if I understand you right - do you think that the 'power to the people' line distract from the title line 'children of the universe'?

I like the tune and the instrumental arrangement of Skyfall much more than Start A Fire - One man's meat is another man's poison ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think it sounds like Skyfall at all, but more like the Azeri attempt of Hometown Glory down to the sole piano leading the top line throughout and the fond lyrics telling the life ~the land of fyah~.

I draw a connection between the two songs - the structure of Start A Fire reminds me on Skyfall, but in my point of view has Start A Fire not the verve of Skyfall...
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't feel that much verve in Skyfall personally.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OGAE Switzerland.

1 point - Austria
    2 points - Greece
    3 points - United Kingdom
    4 points - Germany
    5 points - Norway
    6 points - Armenia
    7 points - Spain
    8 points - Hungary
    10 points - Israel
    12 points - Sweden

Another 12 for Undo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CAF wrote: »
    I draw a connection between the two songs - the structure of Start A Fire reminds me on Skyfall, but in my point of view has Start A Fire not the verve of Skyfall...

Oh yes I gathered that, but I just thought I'd add my opinion using another Adele song, which in my opinion has more connection to Start a Fire in both music, structure, feel and lyrical content and is also a poorer version of the composition. :)
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,513
    Forum Member
    I saw a girl who looked just like Molly in Stratford's branch of Boots today but it was a false alarm. If it had been her, I'd have been very tempted to bellow "POWER TO THE PEOPLE!" at her whilst she browsed the travel sized conditioners.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder how meaningful the OGAE votings resp. the bets are - e.g. in the OGAE are fans organized only, but many of the fans are in the venue and can't vote in the televoting and the jury voting makes it more difficult...
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a girl who looked just like Molly in Stratford's branch of Boots today but it was a false alarm. If it had been her, I'd have been very tempted to bellow "POWER TO THE PEOPLE!" at her whilst she browsed the travel sized conditioners.

I thought I saw Axel Hirsoux sleeping rough on the pavement outside Debenhams on Sunday.
    Turns out a wheelie bin had just fallen over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikay wrote: »
    When Eurovision.tv say "7 days until the first rehearsals. Live coverage on eurovision.tv" does that mean we'll get full rehearsal videos or just the impressions like last year?

I did wonder that myself. I can't imagine them doing full, live coverage though...

Anyone know if there'll be the live opening ceremony thing, like last year?
    I thought I saw Axel Hirsoux sleeping rough on the pavement outside Debenhams on Sunday.
    Turns out a wheelie bin had just fallen over.

Oooooh! Harsh! ...but very funny! :D Did the wheelie bin have a dickie bow on as well? :p
  • Options
    spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is OGAE always this fanwanky?
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spindiddly wrote: »
    Is OGAE always this fanwanky?

Yeah every year
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Molly got anymore promo coming up aside from Graham Norton?
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Armenia's entry has entered the Azeri Itunes chart, wonder if we will be in for a shock when the votes come in.
This discussion has been closed.