Is Moynes perfect example of how to ruin a great organisation in quick fashion?

124»

Comments

• TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he's a good manager that needs time, what does that make Roberto Martinez then seeing as he's already one point and one place better off at this stage of the season with Moyes' old team.

At least Moyes is consistent though. He made Everton a contender for the 6th place spot, he's now doing the same with Man Utd
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,839
    Forum Member
    I think some of the players ought to take some reasonability and not sure they had the respect for Moyes from day one.

But its the manager who gets sacked...
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Didn't Alex Ferguson take 5 years to win his first trophy at Man U - and they were relegated once

Man United were never relegated under Ferguson.

He took over Man United while they were hovering at the bottom of the table; Moyes took over the league champions.

Ferguson was also doing work in the backround which we then saw the result of for a quarter of a century. Moyes was also giving embarrassing interviews. Like saying even Ferguson would have struggled with these players, those same players that won the league by miles, plus two players costing £70m.

He tried to compare his job to Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich saying he had to move to a new country, learn a new language in 12 months and live with the high expectations of the league and European champions. Moyes just moved a few miles down the motorway, only had to deal with different accents. The only comparison is them both taking over league champions.

Calling Liverpool favourites to win (at Old Trafford!) before the game started will be my favourite thing about his time at United.

Now I just hope whoever is the manager next season has a transitional season. I want to see us get back on our perch, and for a while longer. :p
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Moyes was given long enough.

It was always going to be a very tough transition from Ferguson to a new regime. The guy needed a tad more time to bed things in.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    I don't think Moyes was given long enough.

It was always going to be a very tough transition from Ferguson to a new regime. The guy needed a tad more time to bed things in.

To be honest, the warning signs were there when he decided to spunk £27.5million up the wall and panic bought Fellaini. A player who is low-Premier League/Championship quality at best.