Options

Man jailed over baby P death, attacked in prison !

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    Well it's hard to have much sympathy for him, as he's obviously a monster. Whether he was born like that, personal choice or circumstance. But I find it hard to cheer about it either. I just feel nothing.

But I was just wondering, those that are really pleased about his summary beating. Obviously you agree with the sentiments of the prisoner that dished out the beating and feel he did a good thing, so when he gets out, will you be inviting him round for a meal and to shake his hand?

No?
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is nice to know that little Peter may be looking down clapping , cheering with a big smile on his face just waighting for the next instalment
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was terrible...

...he wasn't badly hurt.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Can't really expend any sympathy, but certainly not mentally ill enough to be glad about it either.

Then I'm glad to be amongst the majority of the other 'mentally ill' DS'ers.
  • Options
    adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is nice to know that little Peter may be looking down clapping , cheering with a big smile on his face just waighting for the next instalment

There is something very distasteful about this post.

It's bad enough with all the bloodthirsty revenge seekers on this thread but please don't project your feelings on to a dead boy.
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    adopter wrote: »
    all the bloodthirsty revenge seekers on this thread

That's somewhat harsh... I feel no shame for not feeling any sympathy whatsoever for a child rapist getting kicking. Boo hoo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    That's somewhat harsh... I feel no shame for not feeling any sympathy whatsoever for a child rapist getting kicking. Boo hoo.

I didn't mention people who didn't feel any sympathy for him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to be mentality ill to care what happens to him. See two can play that game.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure he will be actually. Children tend not to habour feelings of hatred or anger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »

I don't think that's what they were implying. I think they just meant that the typical vigilante types have appeared. I'm not that bothered either, but I'm not wasting energy by baying for his blood though.
  • Options
    trevalyantrevalyan Posts: 7,705
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'm not sure he will be actually. Children tend not to habour feelings of hatred or anger.

yup, children sure are innocent little things.

which is probably why the death of one at the hands of some scumbag arouses such a natural instinct of anger and revenge in some adults.

oh, there are those who like to throw in the idea that they are above those feelings, the rest of us i'm sure would knock the guy's block off given half a chance
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    PC Brigade alert - the chap needs to be rehabilitated and a nice cell with a tv and ps3 will see the poor chap on to a better life -
    I hope he gets his head stamped on his goolies chopped off and then if there is a Hell - he ends up the same tier as Hitler , Stalin and the like.

Comrade Flik reporting for duty.

Actually, despite being accused of the above in the past, I felt slightly jubilant when I heard this story. Yeah yeah. I know, it's morally wrong...blah blah blah. I hate violence and all and I'm not a fan of vigilante action. But shit, I can't help getting a feeling of satisfaction at the news that the guy got a bit of a kicking by a fellow thug. At least he's not dead. Presumably he'll live to see another day. Sorry, but shit happens sometimes and just occasionally it happens to the perfect person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that's what they were implying. I think they just meant that the typical vigilante types have appeared. I'm not that bothered either, but I'm not wasting energy by baying for his blood though.

The typical vigilante types??

Perhaps those who have appointed themselves as 'they who know what is right and proper and good for us all' just aren't very good at understanding the coimplexities of human nature.
  • Options
    fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't muster up any sympathy for him. I'm not glad that it happened, but I don't feel sorry for him. Maybe he knew - even if only for a minute - what fear is like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevalyan wrote: »
    yup, children sure are innocent little things.

which is probably why the death of one at the hands of some scumbag arouses such a natural instinct of anger and revenge in some adults.

oh, there are those who like to throw in the idea that they are above those feelings, the rest of us i'm sure would knock the guy's block off given half a chance

Which doesn't make these people any less better just because society likes to resort to vigilantism. I'm not saying no-one on this planet is above wanting revenge, just that some don't jump at the first chance to get involved in violence. I'd actually be bloody raging if a bunch of society thought they had the right to fight my family's battles for me.
  • Options
    MisanthropeMisanthrope Posts: 5,531
    Forum Member
    Assuming you're not a body builder who's BIG, I'd then guess that he'd put you in your place. I don't think there'd be many average joes that would have the courage to take on a 6ft 5in fella. I know exactly what someone who's 6ft 5in looks like and they're very intimidating. Definitely not the type of person who looks soft.

Does everyone who's 6ft5 look the same and have the same build ?

Does being 6ft5 imbue someone with magical fighting skills ?

Stephen Fry is about 6ft5 isn't he. Do you find him intimidating ?
  • Options
    80's chick80's chick Posts: 5,207
    Forum Member
    Good hope he gets more 'justice' I have absolute Zero sympathy!!

Hope he becomes someones bitch at the very least!!
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it is up to us to keep the hatred going :mad:
  • Options
    tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    pickwick wrote: »
    As long as you know you're getting moral satisfaction from a criminal carrying out your revenge fantasies on another criminal, and you're not on any kind of moral high ground :)

there's "criminals" then there's baby rapist's/murderer's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Count me out. Hatred is a waste of energy. Whatever happens to him happens. I'd rather live each day hoping that Baby P's somewhere peaceful than filling myself with vengeful thoughts. Like I said before though, no-one on this planet's immune from wanting revenge though.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've actually stopped looking at Baby P's picture recently, as it just fills me with sorrow because of the torture they put him through. I wish he'd have been my kid.

That's how I feel. I couldn't give two shits what happens to any of the adults that were a part of his life. I'm not going to lose any sleep over one of them getting a good kicking that's for sure, they aren't worthy of my concern or time. If that little boy had been mine, he would have been cherished.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why? Where is hatred going to get anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    piper wrote: »
    No you wouldn't. You strike me as a moral coward.

You'd better include me as a moral coward as well then.

I'm totally against the death penalty, and not too happy about mob rule, but I think it only fair that this bloke has a taste of the fear and violence he meted out to Baby P.

And frankly, if you really thought about thoings a bit more deeply, you'd realise this man (and I use the term loosely) is a far bigger moral coward by picking on a defenceless kid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »
    The guy's scum, but it depresses me that so many people are happy to sink towards his level and encourage violence.

I suspect if you knew more about the person doing the beating you might not be quite so happy to support them, anyway.

Sink to his level?

I for one find it insulting that you think some members here have sunk to the level of a guy who abuses/rapes toddlers simply because they don't exactly sympathise with said guy when he's attacked by a fellow prisoner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    I've mixed feelings. Violence is bad, but the guy, assuming it's true that he had sex with a baby and beat another one to death, is a bit of a git.