The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must not be my day. I am having my second scan this afternoon as was called yesterday and told I could have it earlier if I wanted to. 5mins ago I got a leaflet through the door about a flood warning. It is raining here think it has been for most of the night and the river is higher than normal. Apparently Im supposed to move things upstairs and find my insurance details and stuff like that. Never had to deal with this before. Hopefully the rain will stop soon.

EJ hope you sort time and trains for your lesson. Ihave realised that as I will be at OH's Easter Sunday (my birthday) I might not be able to get back the next day will have to check the train times).

Cuddly good luck with the job have everything crossed for you.

FT hugs and hope you feel better soon.

Have a good day all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Star - good luck with the scan this afternoon.

I hope you don't get flooded!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG Star can you move your stuff upstairs by yourself? Are you on the level of the river?

Good luck with the scan, hope it goes ok.

Cuddly, private lessons are great, undivided attention of your teacher for the whole time.

John and I agreed that Sunday might be the better day for my lesson and it will be at a leisurely pace. John maybe has forgotten what we discussed and that the lesson should be the last one of the day so I can take my time getting there. If it is at 11am I will be stretched to get there on the Sunday service and I didnt really want that. My guess is that someone has cancelled and he has put me in there instead of adding me to the end. Have emailed him again and I will be seeing him on Friday this week anyway.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Having slept all morning I feel a bit better now, but haven't managed anything to eat since yesterday afternoon. I really don't feel hungry so I'm just sipping water.

Star I hope you manage to get your stuff upstairs okay. Bit remiss of the agents not to warn you about the possibility of flooding!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning All.

Hope Star is ok with all that rain and snow in scottishland.

How is everyone else.?

Hoping Anglian Water appear today before I go out with Flossy to read the meter. They left a card to say they were coming, but not when. The problem is they put the meter in the space where I park my car. The original stop tap wasnt there and we didnt ask them to put it there, nor did we have any say in the matter. So if I am out without car they cant get to the meter. If I am in they just have to knock on the door and I will move car. When I take Flossy out this week I have to move my car before I go and move it back again when I come back. Such a pain as there are very few spare places to put the car.

Weather is wet and windy and cold but could be a lot worse.
    Forum Member
    Gosh, you're lucky they even come to read the meter EJ. I don't think anyone has ever come to read mine since it was first put in some years ago. They send an estimated reading once a year and I go out and read the meter and phone and tell them it's wrong and then they send a revised bill!

Just been out to a Parkinson's Disease Organisation Information Day but it was just a load of leaflets telling you about it really. Just as well my brother didn't feel up to going as it would have been a waste of his time. I'll organise a one to one meeting with the local Information Support Worker as I think that would be more useful for him.

It was bitterly cold out too. Got to go out again later as I made an appointment to have my hair cut later this afternoon - I can't see where I'm going at the moment.:D

Disappointed at the result on DWTS. The wrong person went. Why the American public are keeping that dreadful reality show person in I don't know. I hope Strictly doesn't go down the Reality Show route next series.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FT Not lucky really they are such a pain. They never used to read it just estimate it then they decided to do it once a year and now it cant be more than 6 months since they read it last. We always go through this performance though. I would read it myself but I honestly cant, it is so far down I cant see the dial. If they said a particular day for the reading not so bad but they havent been today so far. In the end I took the car and Flossy together. No card in the door saying they have read meter which they did undertake to do.

I need my hair cutting too, will ask friend if her hairdresser friend is around just to give it a trim.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am still in one piece. Scan wasnt fun, had to have a drip to get a solution injected in to show up muscles in my head better. Frame over my neck too so everything was tighter and more cramped. got consultant on 8th of April. its very cold here, no floods near me fortunately and its gone down from a warning to a flood watch so thats a relief.

FT a one to one meeting sounds a good idea will you go with your brother or just arrange the meeting? There is quite alot of snow here.

EJ that sounds a pain I think they should be made to crawl under your car to take the reading lol.

Must go this is my OH's computer. Take care all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hello everyone, I'm so excited, I have almost finished my course work and have finally booked my post-course holiday!!! OH has a conference in Turkey, so i get 3 nights in Istanbul and 4 nights in Antayla, Turkey, in posh hotels, all for the price of the flight (263 quid!!!) I have never been to Turkey before so am really excited! And some R&R in a posh spa hotel! yippee!!!

FT, hope you're feeling better and sorry the parkinsons day was a shambles. Tix for Brenden arrived today (still no letter re SCD pro tour, but hopefully its all ok!)

Star - flood warning and put your kit upstairs!? nightmare. Fingers crossed for scan results...

EJ, I sympathise re trains - I get the train to work, so if they strike next week I have a nightmare (ie tube and bus, yuk)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star Glad you are ok and still above water. Hope the scan result is ok.

TVA I am waiting for tomorrow to see what is happening. So far I could get in to Euston and on the tube but it looks as if there is no Hayes service from London Bridge, there is a Beckenham Junction service though from Victoria so I could go that way and get a taxi from station. The whole thing stops after 7pm though so we have to all be home by then. Still it might not happen so am hoping it doesnt I have the option of a lesson on the Sunday but Sunday on the trains is not good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone.

A nightmare of a day at work. Apparently a BT exchange had been flooded or something and it knocked out our internet and phone network at the office. Many of our clients were affected too. Spent a good part of the day processing our sales orders and then faxing it across to our dispatch centre in west london. Not exactly sure why the fax line worked but nothing else did. Apparently some 400-odd exchanges have been affected across the country because of this and a statement on the BBC News website said it's unlikely to be fixed before next Tuesday :mad:, that will please my boss no end. What with digging up the road outside our offices for the Crossrail link works there's going to be some intermittent BT problems for the next few months ahead.

What a downer after last night's dance class. We went through all the dances and I was surprised at home much I remembered, I even got the fan right in the Cha Cha.:D

In the meantime my friend's avoiding my messages when I chase him for updates on the possible job situation :( I don't mind if its a no-goer its just the waiting which is a bit unbearable. Hopefully he'll have a reply for me tomorrow.

TVA - well done on completing your course and your post course holiday looks fun

Star - I hope everything goes well for your consultants appointment next week. I hope you didn't have to move too much stuff upstairs.

FT - I hope you're feeling better today, I may be going to see Brendan again too with some girls from the dance class. I haven't booked the tickets yet, but I see TVA's got yours :D

EJ - I hope you get to Beckenham ok. If you can't get to Beckenham can you get to Bromley South from Victoria? Although it's further away, there are more trains from there to Victoria, a semi fast train takes about 15-20mins and if I remember rightly there use to be a black taxi rank there. (Sorry its been some 10 years since I moved away from the area). Perhaps John could drop you off at Bromley South afterwards?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddly Becken ham Junction is my best bet in a crisis. last time there was a strike involving the Hayes service was a Saturday when I was doing an exam. I went from Victoria to Orpington train and got a taxi from outside the station at BKJ

Can always ring a taxi at the end of the lesson to get back to the station.
    It isnt John's responsibility to take me to the station, he has dropped me at West Wickham Station before now, many times, but only because he lives in West Wickham. I could maybe get a bus from HSBC {this weeks lessons are there} back to BKJ station, John would maybegive me a lift as a favour as I imagine he would be passing somewhere near on his way home.

I havent finally decided if it will be Friday or Sunday that week. If the strike is on it will most likely be Sunday.
    Forum Member
    What a glorious day it is today. Don't suppose it'll last, but it's lovely for the time being.:D

Just thought I'd let you all know that we won't hear from zolili for a bit. She's had some very sad things happening in her life but hopefully will be back eventually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had a lovely start too FT but it is now raining hard and it si windy and cold.

Managed to get Flossy out before it started to rain, only just though.

The train companies have put out timetables for the trains they can run next week. Should be ok if I decide to go on Friday except for there being no service on the Hayes line from London Bridge. I can go from Victoria to Beckenham Junction and get a taxi from there to HSBC at New Beckenham.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG i am so stressed. I thought I was almost finished, today was the last college day and they have said so much that i need to go and re-write 2 sections!!!!

OMG why was this day today and not a week ago? I am a mixture of angry and upset.

Bang goes my Friday and Monday. I am determined not to have this affect Sat eve and sun at my parents! And i am working Sat am and Mon am.

Soooo pleased i have Turkey to look forward to
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am still at OH's and there has been an all clear for the possibility of flooding so am relieved about that. Have discovered there are probably no trains on sunday so will prob have to come back to OH's on sat evening. There are also train strikes most of next week so that will be fun!!

Cuddly hope you hear about the job soon one way or the other. Isnt technology wonderful lol.

TVA hugs hope you have a good time at Easter and dont get too stressed by re-writes.

EJ how are you feeling? When is the procedure?
    I saw a report that a boy got stabbed in victoria tube so theres prob disruption there at the moment.

It is freezing here even though the sun is out. I will be officially old on Sunday a birthday with a 4 in it!!

Take care all and where is everyone else?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FT if you hear again from Zolli tell here we are thinking of her and here for her if she needs us. Hope she is ok.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    elizabethjo I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and that any time you want to talk I'm here for you -I was diagnosed with breast cancer last october and underwent a lumpectomy and 2 wide excision operations before finally having a mastectomy in January ,I was also told that mine was grade three which means the highest risk of it returning ,but it's not all doom and gloom just keep positive and take everthing stage by stage. unfortunately my sister was also diagnosed with breast cancer at the same time as me which was a huge shock but we are both staying positive and fighting this together.
  • talia11talia11 Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Evening all

Weather here has been terrible. I should have stayed in Oz longer. We have had a couple of power cuts as well.

FT thanks for the Dongle explanation. I was just about to ask when TVA beat me to it. All this new technology is beyond me. Thinking of Zolili. Have you heard from CD. I hope she is ok.

Star hope you get a good result from your scan. I presume its your 24th Birthday :)

TVA Good luck with the re-writes. Your holiday sounds amazing definitely something to look forward to.

Cuddly hope you hear about the job soon. Its unfair to keep you waiting.

Better go and batton down the hatches again. Is this supposed to be Spring?
    Forum Member
    What a bummer TVA. As you say, they could have told you last week. Oh well, you'll just have to buckle down and make the amendments they suggest. I know you'll enjoy Turkey, it's one of my favourite places. Loved Istanbul, it's so full of history.

I had Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off to use up holiday and have discovered that no-one covered my work so it's all just piled up. I have agreed with my boss that I'm going to do most of it over Easter and claim overtime for it as files have to be processed so that Landlords get paid otherwise they get cross!:p At least it's proved to me that they still need me lol!!

After such a lovely start to the day we ended up with massive thunderstorms and it's turned very cold. If I hadn't had to go out to feed friends' cat while they're away I wouldn't have bothered to leave the house.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elizabethjo I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and that any time you want to talk I'm here for you -I was diagnosed with breast cancer last october and underwent a lumpectomy and 2 wide excision operations before finally having a mastectomy in January ,I was also told that mine was grade three which means the highest risk of it returning ,but it's not all doom and gloom just keep positive and take everthing stage by stage. unfortunately my sister was also diagnosed with breast cancer at the same time as me which was a huge shock but we are both staying positive and fighting this together.

I am staying positive at the moment. Getting out of this town and doing my dance lessons helps a lot.
    Not long now though to Tuesday. OH has taken all his due holiday, he had to really or lose it, so he will be at home now for two weeks.

FT we got rain too yesterday but no thunder.

Went to visit my friend who has just been on holiday. A enighbour of hers is a hairdresser and she popped round and trimmed my hair as it was getting so long and shaggy.
    Forum Member
    Wild and windy today. Just off to feed friends' cat again. Hope she doesn't escape out of the front door this time like she did yesterday. Took me ages to get her back in again!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grrrr computer is playing up or maybe its ds.
    I am home again on my computer. I got a taxi from the station with the worlds slowest taxi driver lol.

The sun is out here though it is cold out here though not as cold as it was at OH's. Will be back at OH's either tomorrow night or some time on Sunday but have to find out when am seeing mum and dad first.

Talia good to see you and yes you are right its my 24th Birthday!!;)

FT hope you get all that work sorted sounds like a lot hope you get lots of overtime for it. Hope yr friend's cat stayed in ok this time.

Must go as it is also my friend's birthday on Sunday and I still need to post her card and get her a present.
    Have a good day all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks everyone, i have gone thru the 2 main sections in pen so having a break then will do it on the PC. I will get my dad to proof read it all as he's very good at spotting silly typos. Istanbul is what is keeping me going at the mo, i got very upset last night about it all. Poor OH, and now he has gone to see his mother, so he is depressed too.

FT you must tell me all about Istanbul, i will have a lot of time on my own so i need to go and see all the sites etc.

WM my stresses pale into insignificance when i think of you, big hugs.

I have booked a 4 week quickstep (advanced) couse in June, looking forward to that too.

Oh and i found out that i get the result on 25 or 26 June, i might get an email 2-3 weeks before if they need 1-2 extra bits of info....
    Forum Member
    I might have a guide book somewhere, I'll have to have a look. One thing to remember is to pretend to be deaf and don't look anyone in the eye. They are constantly hassling you to buy things and I simply pretended not to hear them and managed to avoid most of the sellers. The friend I went with is the sort of person who chats to everyone and she was constantly stopping and getting involved in trying not to buy anything while I went on my merry way looking at the sights lol. We went at the start of EID and saw some fairly grisly sights involving goats but I think you'll be okay at that time of year.