The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

Comments

• TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    * Becca * wrote: »
    I think most of the top Latin girls must wear slightly more than a 3 inch heel, from the look of it. But then again, they are all sponsored so I think they can pretty much ask for any style, in any colour, with any type of heel and get hold of it without trouble.

I guess the choice is endless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Len and Bruno were on the One Show tonight. Bruno was his usual self but Len is just plain old boring, trying to act like a celebrity which he really isnt.

Have a trapped nerve in my neck so am struggling with everything right now. Hopefully it will be better by Friday.
    I did manage to walk the dog this afternoon.
    The weather is awful, really foggy and freezing cold. Noticed that a lot of people dont bother to put their car headlights on when the weather is foggy. Cant think why not ! Not as if they had to put money in the meter is it ! I wonder if they realise how difficult they are to see especially if the car is white or silver.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Len and Bruno were on the One Show tonight. Bruno was his usual self but Len is just plain old boring, trying to act like a celebrity which he really isnt.

Have a trapped nerve in my neck so am struggling with everything right now. Hopefully it will be better by Friday.
    I did manage to walk the dog this afternoon.
    The weather is awful, really foggy and freezing cold. Noticed that a lot of people dont bother to put their car headlights on when the weather is foggy. Cant think why not ! Not as if they had to put money in the meter is it ! I wonder if they realise how difficult they are to see especially if the car is white or silver.

Probably not a bad thing I missed it then, sorry to hear about your trapped nerve that sounds very painful, I hope you get some relief from it soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Probably not a bad thing I missed it then, sorry to hear about your trapped nerve that sounds very painful, I hope you get some relief from it soon.

Len nd Bruno were easily missble, not much to be enthusiastic about there.

Trapped nerve a lot better. Found a new diversion to amuse grandson he sat for around an hour watching cbeebies. It kept him amused for the last hour of his day with us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Needed to rescue us from page 5. Another week and most of the posters will have disappeared onto another subject.

Did look at the spoiler thread and am not surprised at the result.

Was dragged into a barb wire fence by a dog on a mission this week. Nothing serious only the risk of Tetanus. Apparently if we have 5 anti tetanus vaccines then we are covered for life. Problem is I cant remember how many times I have had one, I know several but not sure exactly how many. None on my GP recerds for the last 10 years anyway so I had to have one.

OH is making a mess of some DIY on his car right now. Why is it men cant function without help. I have just had to go out there and extract some tool thing which had fallen down inside the bodywork as my hands are smaller. We have spent a lot of yesterday trying to find this vital piece of kit. Logic said it had to be somewhere, apparently in a freezer bag. Why keep it in a freezer bag? The bag had split and so he was in danger of losing this thing for good. Men:eek::eek:

Looking forward to the semi final tonight, it will be a nice break from the insanity prevailoing in this house right now.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, yes Im still alive. I see the weird and mad people are out in force as usual. You only need to read the titles of threads these days to detect madness lol:D

EJ hope your neck eases off. Men are confusing its just their thing. Im getting my hands tested on Friday for confirmation of carpal tunnel & then I assume an operation in the new year.
    Its cold here but dry and some of the trees across the rivers have lights on them and look lovely.

I think the judges are getting carried away with their tens this year. And someone should glue Bruno to his seat to stop him jumping up and down like a yo yo!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, yes Im still alive. I see the weird and mad people are out in force as usual. You only need to read the titles of threads these days to detect madness lol:D

EJ hope your neck eases off. Men are confusing its just their thing. Im getting my hands tested on Friday for confirmation of carpal tunnel & then I assume an operation in the new year.
    Its cold here but dry and some of the trees across the rivers have lights on them and look lovely.

I think the judges are getting carried away with their tens this year. And someone should glue Bruno to his seat to stop him jumping up and down like a yo yo!!

Glad you are feeling ok Star. Was wondering about you. Got on a train out of London on Friday to get home to MK and it was finishing up at Edinburgh Waverly. I felt like staying on and paying you a visit.:D

Cant believe that the show hs only one more week to run. Cant see Denise winning like she and James think they will, she isnt popular with the public generally which is why she has been in the bottom two once already. The outburst in the papers didnt really do anything to endear her to the public either. She would have been better off just keeping quiet and getting on with her training.
    Kimberley seems to have upped her game and Dani, not sure about Louis he is up and down and nothing to say about Lisa she is just the obligatory clown.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soon be over for another year.
    I think the best dancers are in the final. I think Denise thought she had it in the bag but she isnt that popular with the public, so I guess she might be disappointed. James will be very upset if he doesnt win.
    I kind of think it will be between Kimberley and Louis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost there now, the hysteria is building up on here.

I still think that it will be between Kimberley and Louis though not counting out Danni. Denise doesnt have much public support really so she is in danger if the vote is from the general public not just the studio audience.

Managed to lose the dog in the fields again for a time but stayed away from the barbed wire this time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that is over for another year.
    Louis was a worthy winner though it was close.
    I thought Dani was the weakest though she was well good enough to be in the final.
    I think Kimberley could have won but am fine with the result.

Denise put herself out of the competition as she did all the wrong things to gain popularity/ Too much mouthing off to the papers instead of getting on with the competition and keeping the lips sealed. Denise has a colourful background which is probably best kept under wraps and stirring it up was not clever. James will be annoyed I guess as I heard he thought he and Denise had it in the bag.

Looking forward to the Christmas Special it could be entertaining.

Saturday night entertainment moves over to ITV then for a while with DOI.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well thats it then apart from xms Special which should be good fun, we are over for another year. Not near enough to anywhere where the Tour is going so I will only be going to Brendans show and Midnight Tango I guess.

Hope you all hve a good xmas and I feel synpathy for those in flood hit areas, hope it all settles down soon.

Star hope you are feeling better.
    Happy Xms Soulmate your postings have kept me interested and amused.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Thanks, may this thread ♪ ♥ ♫ stay a beacon of warmth and tranquillity.
    x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well I really enjoyed the xmas special. I didnt get to see it until much later last night but it was worth the wait.

having eye problems again and had splitting headche most of the afternoon and evening and still have it today. I did manage to watch the whole hour of the show though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meant to add I got a Kindle Fire HD tablet for xmas but it isnt finding my wifi router. Most annoying as I now will have to wait for son to come to look at it I think I am getting the password or the SSID thingy mixed up but it just doesnt see the router except that it can see next doors wifi and some others but all are password protected.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Belated Christmas everyone. Sorry I havent been around for a bit but my Xmas was a bit eventful. I had a severe anxiety attack during the night before the 24th. I had to go to my OH's dr the next day and he sent me for an ECG. It turns out I have an irregualar heartbeat and am now on betablockers for it. Been a bit stressful but am hoping it will settle down soon. The final was good. I expected Denise and James to win as their dances were great but then Lewis got his chest out!! The xmas special was enjoyable but too padded out and too liberal with 10's.

EJ hope your head has settled and you are feeling a bit better.
    How is floss?

FT hope you and your brother are ok? What does HRH think of all the rain?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well I really enjoyed the xmas special. I didnt get to see it until much later last night but it was worth the wait.

having eye problems again and had splitting headche most of the afternoon and evening and still have it today. I did manage to watch the whole hour of the show though.

I enjoyed The Christmas Special too elizabeth, I was pleased to read that your trapped nerve is not as painful, but not that you are having eye problems again, I hope the headache's pass and that you are pain free for 2013:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star, hope things get better for you. I have an irregular heartbeat as well, had it for years and years. It flared up a while ago and i had to go to the cardiologist but although they can see the irregular beats on the ultrasound nothing much they can do. I take Atenolol which is a beta blocker, one every morning and it seems to work ok.
    eyesight is my biggest problem and we are considering asking GP to refer me to a different hospital, John Radcliffe in Oxford, Stoke Mandeville in aylesbury are possibilities but Moorfields might be the easiest to get to as it would mean going more than once, It would be the simplest journey I think. There are buses from here to both Oxford and Aylesbury but they take forever to get there and then another bus from the centre to the hospital, it could take all day. Moorfields is a train journey of 35 mins to London then a few minutes on the underground.

I think Denise and James put themselves out of the running to win with their attitude, Denise lost the public support and James never had much of that anyway. I guessed it would be between Kimberley and Louis.

I thought the xmas special was better than the whole of the competition, really entertaining part from Rod Stewart who should have given up croaking by now. The BBC always seem to pick old singers who can barely stand up never ,mind sing.:rolleyes:

Terry, thank you for your ngood wishes, hope you have a good new year and a great 2013.

Star, have a lovely new year and a better 2013 than 2012,
    Flossy is ok though she does get a bit miffed at me for getting her wet so often! I think she blames me for the weather!;)
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Excuse a lurker popping up!
    Startwirler- I had both hands operated on for carpal tunnel a few years ago- it definitely helped my symptoms. No more shaking hands to try and getting the feeling back.
    I had both mine done at once. If you are considereing having both at the same time, do check with your surgeon on exactly how you hands will be bandaged etc.
    Mine was a fan of "boxing glove" bandaging which were in for a week and I was pretty helpless. Could just about manage to do the essentials of going to the loo, but when it came to bathing, my OH had to hose me down in the shower like I was a car!
    With different post-operative strapping, i may have found it easier to cope.
    Good luck!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mimi thank you. I think I would probably get one hand done at a time think it might be easier. Got to wait to see consultant again first though. Feel free to pop in whenever you like. New people always welcome. The thing I hate is things just falling out of my hands with no warning!

EJ hope you make the right decision about what hospital to go to. I am on Propanolol and it seems to be helping. Hope you have a great New Year and a brilliant 2013.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the hands Star it must be very frustrating.

Moorfields seems highly recommended and although it is in London it is probably the quickest to get to and the simplest.
    Will have to talk to GP.

Just spent 4 hrs doing OH's tax return as he was running out of time. I did it online as he doesnt do online. I now have another headache from staring at the screen.:mad:

I have posted a thread about Len getting married in secret but it seems I didnt see one which was started during the night on the same subject. Tempers seemed to be rising on there so I have asked the mods to merge them.

Another wet day, another wet dog!!.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Happy New Year all. Not been the best year, so I hope 2013 is a better one for everyone. HRH is fed up with all the rain but at least she isn't bothered by the fireworks going off all around, being deaf! Walked home from a friend's house just now and the foxes were going mad with all the bangs going on.

EJ I can thoroughly recommend Moorfields Eye Hospital. They are supposed to be the best in the country and it's easier to get to for you, so I'd ask to be referred there. Good luck with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been haunted by Moon River over the last few days. Thought it must be a signal to use it in my lesson. It was there as a waltz at the studio so that is what we did. Really was amazing that I managed to follow the dane all the way through. I love Moon River.
    The latin didnt go quite so well but not too bad really. Eyesight is deteriorating again which doesnt help with spins and spirals etc in the latin.

Who was it who first recorded Moon River? Does anyone know? there has been a bit of a discussion about that at the studio today.

The studio was manic today with couples who are coming over to the competition at Blackpool this weekend and there is another competition coming up, Rising Stars I think.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    "Moon River" is a song composed by Henry Mancini with lyrics written by Johnny Mercer. It received an Academy Award for Best Original Song for its first performance by Audrey Hepburn in the 1961 movie Breakfast at Tiffany's.

It then became the theme song for Andy Williams, who first recorded it in 1961.

So its first performance was by Audrey Hepburn but you could argue that its first recording was by Andy Williams :D
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    "Moon River" is a song composed by Henry Mancini with lyrics written by Johnny Mercer. It received an Academy Award for Best Original Song for its first performance by Audrey Hepburn in the 1961 movie Breakfast at Tiffany's.

It then became the theme song for Andy Williams, who first recorded it in 1961.

So its first performance was by Audrey Hepburn but you could argue that its first recording was by Andy Williams :D

It was written within the scale of an octave to suit her limited singing capabilities, whereas in "My Fair Lady," Marni Nixon dubbed near as dammit all her songs.
  • Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that Audrey's singing capabilities were limited DR, but I do quite like her performance of the song in Breakfast at Tiffany"s. :). I seem to remember reading that Henry Mancini liked it too. Here it is, with the then very lovely George Peppard, although the sound syncing is odd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uirBWk-qd9A

I love it as a waltz EJ because the phrasing really helps the dancer (e.g put in sway etc.). There are lots of songs in 3/4 time which don't make great wlatzes