The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Star, hope you have had a good day.
    How are your hands?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you I had a lovely day. Met friends in the morning and then went to the Sea life centre and looked at tiny coloured frogs, piranhas and sharks with my OH. Then we went for lunch and then back to his. He gave me a tablet for my birthday. (still getting the hang of it, not good at touchscreen stuff).

EJ thats great I hope you get the ok for that good hospital. My hands are quite sore at the moment it comes and goes at times. Been carrying shopping with my hands because I strained my back and cant carry a rucsac at the moment. Has strained my hands a bit I think. Only a few more weeks before I can see the consultant thankfully. My benefits appeal has gone to tribunal oh joy.
    Have you heard from your son since he went home?
    Have you been dancing recently.

FT how are you? How is HRH coping with the changing weather?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star I have a date to my hospital appointment it is in May.

I have heard from Son since he went back to Iceland.. He is ok and is training to be a skating Judge.

I am still dancing on Fridays as usul. Getting closer to the exam date which is in June

Hope your benefit claim goes ok and look after those hands.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    HRH has not been keen on the cold and wet weather but has been out in the garden today as the weather has finally improved.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly Confidential is coming to MK so I might go and see it.

Went to Moorfields on Friday as my optician thought I might have a detatched Retina. Tried to go to MK hospital but they said I had no chance of getting an urgent appointment and said they could send me to Stoke Mandeville. I turned that idea down as I would need 3 buses to get there and the last bus back from aylesbury is at 5pm so timing would have been critical. I walked into Moorfields A & E and was seen and the whole thing sorted in around two and a half hours. They were brilliant and I have a cataract appointment next month and they are very positive about being able to do it, unlike MK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are things with you Star up in scottishland?

Hope everyone else is ok, it has been very quiet on here over the last few months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dance medal exam getting closer. Missong lesson next week because of Blackpool but managed to get an extra for the week after so I will have 4 lessons before exam.

Mixed in with the dance exam is the eye problem. Have date for surgery on the 28th June. Understand there is a small risk but the risk would get bigger the longer it is left untreated. Wish i had been to Moorfields in the first place, it is
    impressive and very efficient.

Dance exam is gold bar Latin with three really fast dances Samba, Paso and Jive and the Rumba in the middle of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the man who did the red button commentary before Karen was called?

He is apparently the examiner for my medal exam in two weeks time.

I am thrilled ---NOT

All I can remember about him was that he was dreary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Medal exam over and done with now. Not sure how I did but John seemed quite happy with it so it must have been ok I guess.
    Back to doing ballroom now, looking forward to doing the advanced ballrrom now tht the latin exam is over.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    I hope you did ok EJ but if John was happy then I'm sure you were fine.;)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    Bumpety bump! :D

How are you all? Is it time for Strictly to start yet? No?! Why not!? :cry: My favourite time of year.

I'm not really a fan of hot weather. Am I alone?
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Bumpety bump! :D

How are you all? Is it time for Strictly to start yet? No?! Why not!? :cry: My favourite time of year.

I'm not really a fan of hot weather. Am I alone?

No, there's still plenty of "looking forward" time yet!

I LOVE the hot weather. So little of it in recent years, just have to make the most of every minute!:D
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    No, there's still plenty of "looking forward" time yet!

I LOVE the hot weather. So little of it in recent years, just have to make the most of every minute!:D

I like the idea of hot weather but in reality I'm not a fan. I don't mind it in the evenings when it's nice to just sit outside without a hoodie. I'm posting this from the garden at the moment. :) We're having a small BBQ.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, I stopped posting on here for a while as I was the only one.
    FT I passed the exam Highly Commended. Pretty good really considering that I had no confidence about doing it.

The weather is a bit too hot for me, I like the evenings best when it is starting to cool a bit.
    We had a barbeque at the weekend at youngest son's house and now we have eldest son staying with us for a few days
    Forum Member
    Well done! ^ :)
    Forum Member
    Afternoon!

How are you all? Hope you're well. It can't be too long before the rumours and line-ups are revealed!? I know that Ola tweeted earlier wondering who her "next victim" would be :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is getting nearer and nearer to the opening show when the celebs are revealed. Hope the bbc has managed to get some decent ones this time, not all the z list ones they usually drag up.

I am trying to remember what day of the week it is as my dance teacher has gone on holiday and I cant remember where I am at if I dont have the dancing to remind me.:confused:
    Forum Member
    It feels like a Strictly evening. Shame it doesn't start until later on in the year :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darcy seems to be, yah, one of the "outspoken women" chosen by M&S for their new, yah, advertising campaign.

http://i.imgur.com/4dQLboU.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally managed to find us wy down on page 7

Everyone looking forward to the proper start of the show at the end of the month?

I am looking forward to the show, dont know many of the celebs or the pros for that matter but I will be interested to see how they develop. I wish Natalie was still in it and not the bitchy Aliona.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail is trying to drum up dirt on Strictly, perhaps they are being paid by ITV!!:rolleyes:
    They have contacted the IDF to try to get some comment on why the pros are mostly foreign. The IDF have declined to comment, they say it isnt anything to do with them. which is true. ( IDF - International Dance Federation ).
    Others have been asked and told they could comment anonymously if they wanted, only they really dont want.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that's right I do still exist. sorry I haven't been round for a while. Been very busy and my mum isn't too well so have been a bit stressed. Not too bad at moment though and am off to a wedding in Glasgow tomorrow.
    Am looking forward to new Strictly.

How is everyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Star, welcome back!

How are your hands doing? Have you had both of them fixed?

Looking forward to the start of Strictly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC are taking legal action against a group of charity fundraisers who are putting on a show called Strictly MK to raise money for Macmillan and the local Willen Hospice.

I think that is totally out of order, and since when did the BBC own the word Striclty? About time they were put down to size and help the raising of funds instead of trying to sabotge it.

Several years ago I started a Spring Ball for Macmillan and raised 37 thousand for the charity with the help of Camilla and Ian and Erin and Anton. It didnt have Strictly in the title so I guess that the BBC never knew anything about it and it was none of their business anyway.
  • Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How mean of the BBC! The reference to Strictly is used all over the place.