The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

Comments

• MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spin turn wrote: »
    How mean of the BBC! The reference to Strictly is used all over the place.

They should ask the copyright holders of Strictly Ballroom if they mind? That would stuff the miserable whingers.
  • Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    They should ask the copyright holders of Strictly Ballroom if they mind? That would stuff the miserable whingers.

Good point!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, in America, this dance has over 3 million views after less than a week - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZtHZM8XYUQ&feature=youtu.be
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »

I had forgotten about Strictly Ballroom, did the BBC ask for permission to use it .?
    Its not even as if it will be all over the country or on TV the show is just local to here.
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had forgotten about Strictly Ballroom, did the BBC ask for permission to use it?
    Its not even as if it will be all over the country or on TV the show is just local to here.

I'm sure all the proper permissions were sought, if necessary.

The Beeb do own the Strictly trademark and, while it may seem 'mean', it is understandable that they don't want others to use it without permission. Any show with 'Strictly' in the title could be thought to be endorsed or supported by the BBC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looked at the local paper online and it seems that the BBC Press Office knew nothing about this legal injunction which was issued by the legal department. Our local MP is getting involved and the newspaper also.
    The Strictly team are having a meeting to try to solve it as they say they dont want this kind of publicity to damage Strictly and they dont want to stop this charity event going ahead.

Looks like it is all down to the mean minded self important lot in the legal department who have acted on their own without even consulting the people involved in Strictly.
  • talia11talia11 Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone

Mind if I join you again. Found us on page 3 so thought I would give us a bump for tonight. Looking forward to the show. I like the sound of most of the music choices for the 1st show but we will see how the singers do. Thought some of the music last year was awful.

Enjoy the show everyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to tonights show, pity it isnt on Satruday and Sunday instead of Friday/Sat but it will be on the correct days after this.

Started learning some advanced ballroom today and it is fantastic I really love it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure where everyone who usually visits our room has got to. Maybe they have given up on Strictly.

I enjoyed the shows this weekend, well mostly. There were some strange and weird dancers. Then there were some really good ones.
    Wish I could have gone to the International this week but I am still looking after grandson on Thursdays and even if I wasnt the cost of the overnight stay is just too much to justify.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Im here just very busy these days. Well not sure what I think of Strictly so far. Bemused why they only did six dances on the Friday night and then 9 on the Saturday. Lots of waffle as usual but the partnerships don't seem to bad. will be interested to see what its like tomorrow night.

How is everyone and welcome to any newbies.:)
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    I'm still around but don't post that often these days. I had tickets for Strictly last Friday which was fun. I think there were only 6 couples on the Friday night as the show was only one hour long to fit in with everything else on the BBC's Friday night schedule. Tomorrow night's show will be a marathon with 15 couples dancing. Probably just as well that Bruce is ill as I'm not sure they'd get through it all otherwise. At least Tess will keep it moving.

HRH is still fine and not showing any signs of slowing down although she'll be 14 in November.

What dance exams are you going for now EJ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    I'm still around but don't post that often these days. I had tickets for Strictly last Friday which was fun. I think there were only 6 couples on the Friday night as the show was only one hour long to fit in with everything else on the BBC's Friday night schedule. Tomorrow night's show will be a marathon with 15 couples dancing. Probably just as well that Bruce is ill as I'm not sure they'd get through it all otherwise. At least Tess will keep it moving.

HRH is still fine and not showing any signs of slowing down although she'll be 14 in November.

What dance exams are you going for now EJ?

I am not sure I am doing any exams any time soon. We have started doing the advanced Foxtrot routine, it is really nice but quite difficult. I need to get it written down in a notebook so i can learn it but there are a whole lot of other dances to learn before I could even consider doing an exam.

I could try the patience of a saint really as I am always forgetting the steps. I can follow quite well but still make mistakes frequently.

Nice to see you back Star. How are your hands?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the show last night though it was kind of endless! 15 couples all at once does make it a very long show.

I was amused by the way Anton got "excited" by his chacha! I expect this forum is full of people complaining about his latin though it wasnt that bad he can do a chacha. What puzzles me is that the posters on here dont seem to notice that James Jordan's Ballroom is as bad as Antons latin. James is a latin dancer and his ballroom is pitiful, he just thinks he can do it and is totally arrogant.

I have never liked James Jordan and his ballroom dancing is really awful though a lot of the professionals this year are the same.

I think the result of last night is a foregone conclusion really not worth searching the spoiler thread, pity but Tony didnt have a lot of help really he might have done better if he had had Natalie rather than Aliona.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found us on page 5. Where is everybody?

I have had another mental week trying to fit everything in as OH still has lots of hospital appointments.

Not managed to watch any of the ITT programmes yet. There are some strange ideas being thrown around the forum this time and some equally strange people posting.

Looking forward to this weeks show though I hope that it will be Julienor Vanessa who goes neither of them seem to have much to offer other than their mouth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next resolution will be to read the leaflet enclosed in the box of tablets bought from the chemist. On Friday I took some cold and flu tablets thinking they were quite harmless as they only had paracetemol and a couple of other things in there. How wrong can you be.!!!!

I managed to get through my dance lesson but felt like death, had a hedache like a tight band and nausea and light headed. I never said anything though during the lesson. On the way home I drank loads of water and decided to read the leaflet and found out I was not supposed to take the tablets if I was taking certain prescribed meds.

Feeling better today and not taking any more of those.

Looking forward to tonight, kind of hoping that either Julien or Vanessa will be out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had dropped to page 5 as everyone seems to have vanished.
    Star how are you?

Dont get on here much myself these days. Still dancing and loving it.

I dont really think much about the imported professionals, the standard of teaching is really going downhill and most of the imports are lacking in any character. They look attractive enough, the girls wearing the usual skimpy dresses but they dont have the standard of the original british professionals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had to scroll through page after page to find us. The threads on those pages are so boring, same subject just worded slightly differently.
    Why people do that, start numerous threads all on the same subject beats me. Do they just want to see their name on the poard or are they just too lazy to look for a thread on that subject.
    In the early days can anyone else remember the fun we had? the games we played were pretty good and entertaining. The chat threads were good too, proper discussions not loads of tripe and people abusing each other like now.

I think it is about time Dave and Mark went and Rachel, Deborah should never have been in the bottom two.
    The Halloween theme will be a heap of rubbish with not much dancing.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Haven't posted in here for ages. I get fed up with the same person posting multiple threads with LOTS OF CAPITALS just to wind people up, I think. Perfect example of a Troll and has had the effect of putting me off the forum altogether. But I'm still enjoying Strictly. Can't say I've taken to Rachel very much but the rest seem okay. I see it's just been announced that the Riley is hosting the Live Tour. Glad I haven't bothered with tickets this time. They are so expensive and since they haven't announced who's taking part we didn't bother getting tickets. If Ian Waite and Natalie Lowe are included as professionals I might change my mind but at the moment I'm not bothered.:D

Hope Star is ok. I read more of her doings on FB these days than in here!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    Haven't posted in here for ages. I get fed up with the same person posting multiple threads with LOTS OF CAPITALS just to wind people up, I think. Perfect example of a Troll and has had the effect of putting me off the forum altogether. But I'm still enjoying Strictly. Can't say I've taken to Rachel very much but the rest seem okay. I see it's just been announced that the Riley is hosting the Live Tour. Glad I haven't bothered with tickets this time. They are so expensive and since they haven't announced who's taking part we didn't bother getting tickets. If Ian Waite and Natalie Lowe are included as professionals I might change my mind but at the moment I'm not bothered.:D

Hope Star is ok. I read more of her doings on FB these days than in here!

I have asked Star to accept a friend request on Facebook but I guess she forget to do it and I cant ask again as it doesnt allow that. she has sent me a poke a few times but she is not on my friends list. Can you ask her to accept a friend request from me or send me a freind request so I can chat to her. I only really come on here to talk to her these days and she is hardlyt ever there.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    Good afternoon!

Thought I'd bump this thread seeing as names are starting to come out.

I'm baking a cake. I'll pass a slice on to you all when it's decorated.

;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this thread had vanished. I stopped posting on here as I was the only one left posting.
    Not sure I like the idea of the pro dancers being mostly imports or from west end shows and they dont know much about proper ballroom and latin dances.
    At least Kevin and his sister know the dances.
    Forum Member
    I thought this thread had vanished. I stopped posting on here as I was the only one left posting.
    Not sure I like the idea of the pro dancers being mostly imports or from west end shows and they dont know much about proper ballroom and latin dances.
    At least Kevin and his sister know the dances.

Yeah the line up of professionals is changing too much sadly. It seems to be turning into a west end show as opposed to an entertainment show with ball room and Latin.

That said I will be watching as always. I just hope that they don't make too many more changes.
  • yorkshire belleyorkshire belle Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well hello. Here's to another brilliant season :)
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,383
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm feeling positive about this one. Really looking forward to the new presenting team, to Joanne Clifton (I prefer ball room to Latin, so pleased they have signed such an accomplished ballroom pro), not really being familiar with who most of the celebs are means fewer preconceptions.
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm feeling positive about this one. Really looking forward to the new presenting team, to Joanne Clifton (I prefer ball room to Latin, so pleased they have signed such an accomplished ballroom pro), not really being familiar with who most of the celebs are means fewer preconceptions.

I'm looking forward to this series starting.

The people that I am most looking forward to seeing are Frankie, Pixie and Caroline. :)