The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Kara bashing threads are up and running, the nights of the long knives are on their way.

Mostly generated by the Matt supporters who are feeling vulnerable and showing their true natures. Sad isnt it.:rolleyes:

I will be happy for any of them to win so long as the public vote for the one who performs best on the night. I will not be voting as I never do.

Just find DS a dreadful place to be at this stage of a competition when it starts to get really ugly.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Gosh, there's an awful lot of nasty threads out there having a go at Kara. Makes me want to vote for her and I don't normally vote in the final.

It was snowing a few minutes ago but seems to have stopped now and it hasn't settled fortunately so I hope you get to your lesson okay tomorrow EJ.

I'm now off until Jan 4th which is nice!:D
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mostly generated by the Matt supporters who are feeling vulnerable and showing their true natures. Sad isnt it.:rolleyes:

This!
    I love Matt AND Kara. Plus, even if I did prefer one over the other, I wouldn't feel the need to attack the other. Why do they do it? Do they think attacking Matt will make Kara look better or vice versa? It's so immature!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd hide away in here for a while - DS hasn't been a great place to be this series what with all the contestant bashing and just sheer rudeness from poster to poster :( People seem to have become much more touchy and get offended over stupid things leading to great spats on threads all the time . Let's just get along guys :):p

Anyway it's much nicer in here - on the snow front: it's chucking it down here :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FT I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow. We have had snow here, well to be accurate it was more like sleet and was very wet. It has stopped now and is very cold but OH has jjust been out with Flossy and he says it is ok out there at the minute and it isnt sliperry , at least not yet.

I agree that I am tempted to vote for Kara and Pamela when I never usually vote just to make a point. Probably wont though as it might just spoil my enjoyment of the final.

Welcome to attackmusic and flat_foot, we try to keep it quiet and friendly in here and mostly succeed ( but not always;))
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    Evening. So glad it's friday tomorrow :) Looking forward to the weekend.
    Forum Member
    No snow EJ so you should be okay to get to your dance lesson. Will you have one on Christmas Eve? Trains might be a bit odd as they tend to finish early that day.

Got a lot to do today - I have finally got the Christmas Spirit.:D Friend just popped round with her keys as I'm feeding her cat over the weekend and she came in to say hello to GSP who promptly disappeared into his little hut in the kitchen. Don't know how he's going to manage on Monday when I have 8 people coming round for dinner and Christmas Present exchange!:eek: HRH is quite happy to be the centre of attention but GSP will doubtless hide under the bookcase all night!
  • bluebluecowbluebluecow Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hello and welcome to the board newbies, its nice and safe in here, little snow yesterday but didnt settle. Knee bad today.

Nervous and excited as have an old school friend coming over, havent seen here for 16 yrs so will be good, we used to be inseprable.

Looking forward to the final, wont mind who wins as they are all good.
    Forum Member
    Just saw a brief glimpse of the three Showdances on BBC Breakfast. Matt's looks to be very gymnastic which is only to be expected I suppose, Pamela's looked more elegant and Kara's looked very fast with lots of lifts in the few seconds we saw.

Have to wait to see the full versions tomorrow night - can't wait!!

Disappointed to find out that Ian is not taking part in the Strictly Tour at all. He has been really short-changed by the BBC this year.:( I hope he gets a celeb next year - Miranda Hart is rumoured to be taking part and she's so tall Ian would be the only person she could dance with, added to which they get on really well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to get to dance lessons and back safely. It was bitterly cold and there was some snow falling along the way.

I have a lesson booked for xmas eve a bit earlier than usual so I can get home without a crush, I hope. I also have one on New years Eve.

Looking forward to the final they are ll so equally matched. One comment from dance school was that Aliona wasnt helping Matt as her routines are poorly choregraphed. I agree with that too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a good 3-4 inches has fallen here in the last 3 hours! glad i got up early and did the post office and waitrose - although i fear that the 6 people coming over for the final tonight may not make it! Chilli will go in the freezer!

I hope the best dancer on the night wins, but rooting for Pamela. I think Kara is poss a bit better but Pam has done so well for an older lady... Why isn't she a favourite as she has had 4 x 10 twice !!

Hey ho, what ever happens people will be complaining all year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVA I think you have had more snow than us but it is falling steadily here.
    Took Flossy to woods but when I started back the tracks we had left on the way out were completely hidden under the fresh snow. I looked a bit like a snowman myself. Flossy was wearing her fleece lined coat so was only getting snow on her head but the snow was forming balls on her feet so we had to keep stopping to get them off. Didnt see any oither dog walkers so there must only have been me daft enough to go out in the falling snow.:rolleyes:

Not going out again now, we have enough food and so there is no need for a few days except to walk the dog.
    Forum Member
    Stopped snowing now temporarily - it looks very pretty but must be lethal on the roads. I've already tweeted the BBC that if they don't have enough audience I can be there very quickly lol.;)

It appears all three couples are doing their showdance in the first programme. They are doing their highest scoring dance and then the showdance. In the second show the two remaining couples will do their favourite dance and a dance they've never done before. Seems strange as in the past the showdance has been the last dance performed.:confused:

http://tv.uk.msn.com/blog/strictly-come-dancing-blogpost.aspx?post=786db6fe-f7c0-401b-93ba-d60a8c2da515
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    Stopped snowing now temporarily - it looks very pretty but must be lethal on the roads. I've already tweeted the BBC that if they don't have enough audience I can be there very quickly lol.;)

It appears all three couples are doing their showdance in the first programme. They are doing their highest scoring dance and then the showdance. In the second show the two remaining couples will do their favourite dance and a dance they've never done before. Seems strange as in the past the showdance has been the last dance performed.:confused:

http://tv.uk.msn.com/blog/strictly-come-dancing-blogpost.aspx?post=786db6fe-f7c0-401b-93ba-d60a8c2da515

all sounds very odd to me, that they do a dance all week and don't perform, etc etc.

Anyway FT, As for getting to the beeb quickly !! ha ha !! have you been out yet? Its carnage out there. The road at the end of me - similar to the road at the end of you, has become a car park for 14 buses (leaving half a road for cars going in both directions!). I am living in fear for my car which has to be parked on the road!

I was supposed to have 6 friends over, i have told 4 that were coming from a way away not to come - they had already decided this! I'll prob be watching on my own (well with DS)

But its warm and i have enough food in so i am not worried.

PS, there was only about 4 inches, but they hadn't gritted the roads this morning before it started!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    Afternoon.

We have a ton of snow in the South East. Sadly it shows no signs of stopping :( Looks like yesterday was unofficially my last day at work (I was meant to finish next Thursday)

I hope we don't have a powercut. I'd be useless without my laptop.

Can't wait for the final later though. I don't know who I want to win (It's between Kara & Pamela for me!) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FT as promised the snow has come this way. The light snow we had when I was out in the wood is now much heavier and relentless. We have around 4 inches now. The road outside has had no traffic in the last few hours and is a steep hill so if anyone was daft enough to go out earlier they might have a problem getting back in.

Flossy is curled up in her basket not even remotely interested in the outside world. We are having cornish pasties, chips and peas for tea, nothing fancy but it wont take long to do. Tomorrow I have lamb shanks and we have a freezer full of stuff to eat from now to new year. OH brought a loaf from the paper shop this morning when he went for his paper. The cost was a bit astronomical but it is a small local shop so that is to be expected. I can always make one myself if we run short as I have the strong flour and the dried yeast.

Looking forward to the show tonight I think it will be one of the best contested with them all being equal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has not snowed here today but we are on day 22 of the artic weather and for my road stillnot clear. The road and paths have had four to six inches of snow on them for that whole time. My car battery keeps going flat whic is not much help. Have only managed to have car out three times in 22 days and those have all been this week. Heating has broken at work so have a heater that we are supposed to share between six offices. We did have one per office but they have had to take them to use on the wards. Finishing work on thurs. Hopefully will be able to take half day on Thursday and do food shopping. Oh the joys of that
    Forum Member
    Just been out to feed friend's cat. I had to walk very carefully as the pavements are still about 4 inches deep in snow and the road is slushy. Going to be fun when it freezes tonight! My car is completely covered. Fortunately I don't have to go to my brother's until Tuesday and hopefully it will have thawed a bit by then.

Right, off to open wine and ensconce myself in front of the tv!:D
  • talia11talia11 Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Was pleasantly surprised to find us on page 1! Went to shopping mall this morning in dry weather and came out to find snow falling thick and fast with 1 inch on the ground. Only in there for 1 hour.

Hope everyone enjoys the final tonight. Don't really care who wins but my favourite is Kara.

Better go its about to start.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh good just for a change it's snowing
    Forum Member
    So glad the best dancer won in the end!:D Loved that American Smooth although I didn't like any of the showdances.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to search for us on page 3 . Inevitable really with all the idiots starting thread after thread all on the same subject. How many of them dont seem to realise that it is the public who chose the winner so how can it be a fix?

I thought that the result was right.

I didnt like the showdances much. I hated Matt's showdance it was just a gymnastic display with no real dancing or choreography, so once again Aliona let him down. Kara's could have been stunning if she had done it without mistakes and I think Pamela's was dancing but not daring enough when we have seen her do a lot more energetic and risky moves than that. Perhaps the public wanted a bit more from her having previously seen her charleston etc.

Didnt like the Paso a lot. The judges praised it too much but then their marks were irrelevant anyway. Matt was looking down most of the time and his back was a bit hunched instead of arrogantly straight.

The three of them were really good standard though probably the best finalists we have ever had.

The group dance was ok, Ann got another chance to be hauled around by Anton and he managed to get her off the floor this time.:D
  • bluebluecowbluebluecow Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    morning all, ok final but didnt feel special, maybe having the showdances so early didnt help. Im happy Kara won as she is an excerlant dancer, But having done marketing, found it funny the way the floating, new watcher was steered into voting for Kara, it was very clevery done and most people wont relise the push they had. Its can be interesting marketing, even if you dont think you are influenced by it you are, we did a tatse test between pepsi max and diet coke. No one could notice the difference, in fact they taste the same, but interestingly in the class the majority who in the 1st placed said they prefered diet coke (before test) and that it tasted bette, where women. Its marketed for the woman drinker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im back. Stayed a day longer than originally intended to have more time with my OH. It was lovely to see him at last. It has snowed overnight and is still snowing grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Didnt enjoy the final not much, first hour was ok but was bit bemused by showdances being so soon. Results show was full of guff as usual which is why I taped it before watching it. Pamela should have been in the last two even if she didnt win. But then an older person wasnt going to win were they, no one over 40 has ever won since the show began.

Must go got to trek to Tesco;s before the snow gets worse. Have a good day all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you dont get snowed in again Star.

We had around 10 inches here, it was thawing earlier, dripping everywhere but now the light is going I expect it will freeze hard.

Walking Flossy was hard going in the deep snow which was hiding very rutted frozen ground. I managed to get a few pictures of the snow on the trees in the wood as they looked so pretty, Flossy managed to get her head in one of them.:D