Rolf Lassgard Wallander

Comments

• DBCDBC Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first series was ten eps, all other Danish series are in tens, and they wouldnt want all 32 eps if hey had bought something that people weren't watching. Ten a year each summer is good enough for me, to make it last.

The huge drop off between Wallander Sidetracked Parts One and Two is not good. Part Two had 30% less viewers with only 416,000 watching, compared to 609,000 the week before.

Don't forget that was the Olympics "Super Saturday" .
  • SATMSATM Posts: 3,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first series was ten eps, all other Danish series are in tens, and they wouldnt want all 32 eps if hey had bought something that people weren't watching. Ten a year each summer is good enough for me, to make it last.

The huge drop off between Wallander Sidetracked Parts One and Two is not good. Part Two had 30% less viewers with only 416,000 watching, compared to 609,000 the week before.
    The second episode of 'Sidetracked' was second in BBC 4's 'Top Ten'.
    The number one programme had 434,000 viewers,so it is not unreasonable to assume that the Olympics impacted adversely on BBC 4's audience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    DBC wrote: »
    Don't forget that was the Olympics "Super Saturday" .

Yes, but it's still a huge drop, as there would be a significant amount of viewers still looking for something different, and nearly 200,000 who did not bother to see the conclusion.

Still, it did come second in the BBC4 Top 10 for the week, so I would expect the BBC are satisfied with the ratings.

The poor picture quality was certainly no help either.

To be fair though, it did reasonably well in comparison to MESRINE which was screened on 8 July with 462,000 and 15 July with 425,000 coming third and eighth respectively and without any major sporting event on other BBC channels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watch this last night? I missed the first 2 episodes last week but am hoping to catch them on the bbc player. I thought it was brilliant and this particular Wallander (i have watched 3) was very good. I love the atmosphere of the scandinavian programs and scenery. A million times better than the Kenneth Branagh version, I like Kenneth Branagh. There was 4 episodes in all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    galaxy99 wrote: »
    Anyone watch this last night? I missed the first 2 episodes last week but am hoping to catch them on the bbc player. I thought it was brilliant and this particular Wallander (i have watched 3) was very good. I love the atmosphere of the scandinavian programs and scenery. A million times better than the Kenneth Branagh version, I like Kenneth Branagh. There was 4 episodes in all.

next week something different
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Missed 40 minutes of the first episode last night, Timeshift went up the pictures.

How did they catch on to Yvonne and her list?

I can see myself having the same problems with this as I had with Spiral.
    Procedure, nobody seems to follow it and they don't seem to get a bollocking when they break it and get caught breaking it.
    Last night is the second time Wallander's gone on a bit of breaking and entering into someone's house without a warrant, aside from being reminded he hasn't got a warrant, he's never bollocked, doesn't cover his tracks with a dodgy warrant.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    galaxy99 wrote: »

I gave up after the third show as I couldn't believe the way the story went.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Start date for Lillyhammer, a Norwegian/American comedy

11th September 10PM

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=60745312#post60745312
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Start date for Lillyhammer, a Norwegian/American comedy

11th September 10PM

Thank you Verence. Intriguing! :)
    Forum Member
    Wallander The Fifth Woman episode 3 had 652,000 viewers and ep 4 had 626,000. Much better than eps 1 and 2 and the conclusion of Sidetracked. Without having Olympics on BBC1 and 3 helped return a decent audience.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes you wonder how/when the viewers caught up with e1/2:

iPlayer, or PVR'ed but watched 1-4 in the same week?

K
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote: »
    Makes you wonder how/when the viewers caught up with e1/2:

iPlayer, or PVR'ed but watched 1-4 in the same week?

K

I suspect that some are simply tuning in as it is a decent alternative to the standard Saturday night offerings on ITV and BBC1 and may not have ever even seen eps 1 and 2.
    Given the poor quality of some of the scenes , visually, I am surprised that ep 3 was BBC4s top programme of the week.
    I wonder whether thr BBC will now consider buying in the remaining older three stories. I expect that they will after these ratings. The Fifth Woman Lassgard version is my favourite Wallander adaptation of the whole Lassgard, Branagh and Henriksson versions.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Given the poor quality of some of the scenes , visually, I am surprised that ep 3 was BBC4s top programme of the week
    Lets just hope the BBC don't use that as an excuse to lower bit rates and picture quality all round. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad that the poor picture quality has been mentioned, I was puzzled by it, thinking it must be deliberate to show flashback scenes, then realised it wasn't and thought my PVR was on the blink.
    Forum Member
    The Fifth Woman episode 3 so far holds the record for the highest ratings of any subtitled Wallander screenings. With 652,000 it has beaten last year's previous high on 23 July for the repeat screening of Henriksson's series 2 episode 10 The Ghost which gained 645,000 viewers.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Fifth Woman episode 3 so far holds the record for the highest ratings of any subtitled Wallander screenings. With 652,000 it has beaten last year's previous high on 23 July for the repeat screening of Henriksson's series 2 episode 10 The Ghost which gained 645,000 viewers.
    But no match for Inspector Mentalbaldy! :D

K
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote: »
    But no match for Inspector Mentalbaldy! :D

K

If the BBC are happy with the recent ratings despite the age of the content then they should buy Rejseholdet. Rejseholdet (Unit One) would gain more than IM or W I would expect. A 9pm screening would get 800-900k with the 10pm one getting around 600-750k. The picture quality is far better than the recent Wallanders and it made by DR which should be a guarantee of a decent drama for UKviewers. There's 32 eps and I hope they have them (or 10-16 of them) ready and subtitled for next summer.
    Forum Member
    The announcer ahead of tonight's episode was quite misleading when she stated that we were to see the very beginning of Wallander. This is not the beginning of the Rolf Lassgard SVT versions. There are three prior to this whcih BBC would be fools not to screen. I am sure that they could obtain them very cheaply as they are all from the mid - late 1990s.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd sign a petition :p
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed seeing Rolf back again. I'd forgotten how impressed I was by the boy playing the killer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    Enjoyed seeing Rolf back again. I'd forgotten how impressed I was by the boy playing the killer.

I'd forgotten how nastily he killed Svartman

Not sure what will shown after the second part of this story

The weekend after part 2 is Glastonbury weekend
  • CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I've been watching the episode Sidetracked Part 1 on iPlayer. Is it the first ever episode? It seems much darker and grimmer than later ones, I'm practically watching through my fingers when Axe boy is on the war path!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CreamPuff wrote: »
    I've been watching the episode Sidetracked Part 1 on iPlayer. Is it the first ever episode? It seems much darker and grimmer than later ones, I'm practically watching through my fingers when Axe boy is on the war path!

It's the fourth story. But the BBC haven't got or haven't shown the first three Wallander films. Probably because the video quality of the sources out there are not up to scratch?

Wallander Film series starring the Rolfster:-
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallander_(film_series)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to the Radio Times website after Sidetracked is finished they'll be showing the Rolf version of The Fifth Woman

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/rspcw/wallander--series-1---1-wallander-the-fifth-woman
  • CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    It's the fourth story. But the BBC haven't got or haven't shown the first three Wallander films. Probably because the video quality of the sources out there are not up to scratch?

Wallander Film series starring the Rolfster:-
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallander_(film_series)

Thank you. This one is really quite gruesome, but I am pretty squeamish anyway!!