Torchwood: Miracle Day, 'Dead of Night' - BBC1 9PM (UK Pace)

AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
Forum Member
✭✭✭
33.62% of polled users thought episode 2, 'Rendition', was 'Good' while 21.75% of polled users thought it was merely 'Average'. Maybe episode 3 will excite you more? Controversial because of the sex scene that has been edited for UK viewing, let us hope that too much hasn't been cut.

As always, we will add a poll at the end of the episode. Enjoy the show! :)

[news]- 'Dead of Night' in pictures (spoilers)
- Ten Teasers for 'Dead of Night'
- Torchwood sex scene cut from UK Broadcast
[/news]

What did you think of this episode? 301 votes

Excellent
20% 61 votes
Good
34% 104 votes
Average
20% 61 votes
Poor
14% 43 votes
Awful
10% 32 votes

Comments

• Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to it, but won't be watching it until the weekend, so I won't be looking anywhere near here again until then!
    :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully I'll be watching it tonight :D not bothered about the sex scene being cut myself, not the sort of thing I enjoy watching personally.
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least the sex scene being cut will make watching it with my father less awkward. :)
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully I'll be watching it tonight :D not bothered about the sex scene being cut myself, not the sort of thing I enjoy watching personally.
    Ditto :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ETA: Never mind...:o
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    I love Gwen being baffled by America, driving on the wrong side of the street! :D
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    So ginger woman is an agent for the drug company that knew what was going to happen?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    "Bigger on the inside"!
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's still early but Lauren Ambrose is going to be one of, if not the highlight of the series for me. She's brilliant as Jilly.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cut away from jack shagging - probably due to erections not being permitted on unencrypted channels.. or at all pretty much...
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! What a surprise, the BBC didn't like the intercutting of the gay/straight sex scenes! For me that was the best thing about it, them cutting between them like that is something I've never seen in a show before. Ah well...Vera is still hot! :D
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is getting more ludicrous by the minute. Not impressed at all. Eve Myles is the only thing keeping me watching.
  • djleekeedjleekee Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The jerky stuttering pictures are really putting me off!

It looks like they have recorded it at 30fps NTSC and converted to 25fps PAL - but really badly!

Its most noticable on pans and fast movement. Cant believe whoever converted this didnt do a better job!
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow those scenes with Oswald at the end were chilling, bravo to Pullman for a phenomenal performance. The plot seems to be picking up pace now. 8.5/10 overall, 10/10 for the concluding 10 minutes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    An improvement on last week's episode.
    Not brilliant, but still an improvement, hoping it gets better and by the preview it looks like next week will be quite good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    This show is getting more ludicrous by the minute. Not impressed at all. Eve Myles is the only thing keeping me watching.

Same.
    shame they had to travel to the US to get the funding.
    not warming to the US characters at all.
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SoapyJo wrote: »
    An improvement on last week's episode.
    Not brilliant, but still an improvement, hoping it gets better and by the preview it looks like next week will be quite good.

Agree. For me this is the best episode so far. I wouldn't be watching it if Gwen wasn't still in it though. Hoping it keeps getting better.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Unigal07
    Same.
    shame they had to travel to the US to get the funding.
    not warming to the US characters at all.
    Ditto :(
    Even Captain Jack doesn't have the same appeal as he used to; and it was horrible watching him being beaten up.
    And I really thought that Rhys would be in Torchwood properly :(
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Wow those scenes with Oswald at the end were chilling, bravo to Pullman for a phenomenal performance.

Bill Pullman has really surprised me with his portrayal of Oswald - it was a great piece of casting.
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    The plot seems to be picking up pace now. 8.5/10 overall, 10/10 for the concluding 10 minutes.

Yep, I think Miracle Day is finding it's stride now.
  • GPWGPW Posts: 3,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is this thread a sticky?
  • Salford_WhoSalford_Who Posts: 4,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The episodes get better and better with more and more twists every week.

Could this have been done in the UK? yes, but probably not as well.
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on the verge of giving up on this show.

But I found tonight's episode reasonably entertaining. Sure its still not anywhere near the standard of CoE, but it was OK.

Its still flawed of course. The feel of the show is very run of the mill. The incidental music is irritating. And I'm sorry Torchwood die hards, but I find Gwen nice to look at but intensely irritating to listen to :)

Yet it still hooked me in this week. I want to know what was going to happen next. Lets see if the improvement continues next week!

Good in the context of this series. Average in the context of TV in general. Poor when stacked against CoE.

6.5/10
  • DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. Oswald is suitably creepy, and so is Jilly, albeit a perky kind of creepy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed this episode I knew oswald had something to hide, I also have reason to believe hes not human.
  • Foxy RhinoFoxy Rhino Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GPW wrote: »
    Why is this thread a sticky?

Because normally shows get a lot more comments during the show.