Under Rated Games

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
Forum Member
What games do you think deserve more recognition/credit than they received when released.

I'll start with Spartan Total Warrior for the PS2.

Was great fun hacking down numerous roman's as a spartan (if not historically accurate :p)

Plus it was made by the same developer that made Rome total war so I knew it'd be great fun :)

Just never met anyone else who played it lol

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the last broken sword on console was quite under-rated. Had it on the original x-box and really enjoyed it.
  • bitebugbitebug Posts: 3,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favorite games

Nier

http://www.niergame.com/#/uk/
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Wake - Xbox 360

X-men Origins: Wolverine - Xbox 360/PS3
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darksiders and The Saboteur.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bitebug wrote: »
    One of my favorite games

Nier

I bought that and couldnt get into it :(
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disaster: Day Of Crisis. If you accept it for what it is, it's so enjoyable.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few I can think of

Tumble (PS3) - a fun puzzle game for PS Move that fuses elements of Jenga & that TV show 'The Cube'. Very Slick Presentation

Red Steel 2 (Wii ) A really good shooter thats a thousand times better than the original and which has great controls and a awesome art style....shame no one bought it)

Mad World (Wii- Ultra Violent Wii action game with a really cool Sin City look,lots of dark humor too)

No More Heroes (Wii/PS3) a Bonkers Japanese-Punk -Slash Em Up, with crazy violence. Travis Touchdown is my favourite new character this gen.

IL2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey (PS3/360) ( Great WW2 flight shooter that is essentially 2 games in 1 as you can alternate between how realistic and arcade you want the game to be, with a huge difference. Awesome graphics)

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts(360) (Sold ok but the critical response was way too savage, I liked the vehicle tinkering game mechanic, not up there with 64 versions, but a great title that tried something different).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »
    A few I can think of

Tumble (PS3) - a fun puzzle game for PS Move that fuses elements of Jenga & that TV show 'The Cube'. Very Slick Presentation

Red Steel 2 (Wii ) A really good shooter thats a thousand times better than the original and which has great controls and a awesome art style....shame no one bought it)

Mad World (Wii- Ultra Violent Wii action game with a really cool Sin City look,lots of dark humor too)

No More Heroes (Wii/PS3) a Bonkers Japanese-Punk -Slash Em Up, with crazy violence. Travis Touchdown is my favourite new character this gen.

IL2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey (PS3/360) ( Great WW2 flight shooter that is essentially 2 games in 1 as you can alternate between how realistic and arcade you want the game to be, with a huge difference. Awesome graphics)

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts(360) (Sold ok but the critical response was way too savage, I liked the vehicle tinkering game mechanic, not up there with 64 versions, but a great title that tried something different).

Slighty off topic but is there a bundle available at retail that features tumble and i few other games, i'm sure i may have seen one, cause i really want it but i hate not having a book and case
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    the Saboteur, Alan Wake and the biggest one this gen was enslaved, such an amazing game.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Slighty off topic but is there a bundle available at retail that features tumble and i few other games, i'm sure i may have seen one, cause i really want it but i hate not having a book and case

Yeah this is what you're after. Contains Tumble (very good) + Lemmings (a modern version,good but not as fun as vintage lemmings) + Echochrome II (a very clever game with a beautiful art style...it has its fans though personally not my cup of tea.

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/ps3/playstation-move-move-mind-benders/10574883.html?affil=BUYAT&awc=2547_1326162771_08a25756de795c56ca0bf474c8373104&affil=awin
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this is what you're after. Contains Tumble (very good) + Lemmings (a modern version,good but not as fun as vintage lemmings) + Echochrome II (a very clever game with a beautiful art style...it has its fans though personally not my cup of tea.

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/ps3/playstation-move-move-mind-benders/10574883.html?affil=BUYAT&awc=2547_1326162771_08a25756de795c56ca0bf474c8373104&affil=awin

thanks i was sure i had seen it just wasn't sure of the title, i might it soon just some other games to finish first
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Alan Wake - Xbox 360

Agree with Alan Wake, it was poorly marketed and under appreciated.

Wet was another game that seemed to slip pass a lot of people and wasn't helped by the terrible demo. It's not a classic by any means but the actual game was great, if mindless fun. Reminiscent of Max Payne in terms of gameplay with added sword fights. Good gameplay.

Most of Rare's games for 360 are brilliant, Banjo Kazooie Nut's and Bolts, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero and Viva Pinata, despite great reviews they didn't seem to take off that well. Now MS have placed what's left of Rare working on sports games for Kinect, it's a shame and a waste of creative talent but money talks at the end of the day. Let's hope that situation changes soon.

Definitely! There's nothing else like this game and I still think it's the greatest example of motion controls thus far. If Nintendo have any sense they will stick to this IP like glue as it's AAA material. The first game was weak but the sequel was superb. I also loved the 60fps cell shaded visuals, a joy to play!
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Dead island seems to be a game that has passed under the radar. Great game.
  • SegaGodSegaGod Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darksiders - A modern day soul reaver

Dantes inferno - enjoyed this just as much as gow.

sonic unleashed - crimanly underrated just because sonic turn into a werehog. The daytme leel are much better than colors and annivesry

yakuza series - brilliant open world games with a ton of sh1t to do, and one few series i actually care about the story and characters, as over the top as they both may be
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Summoner (PS2)

Ring Of Red (PS2)

Guitaro Man (PS2)
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Infamous 1&2 are two of my favourite games from this gen. They have reviewed fairly well, but I think it deserves to sell better.

Resistance 3 was my favourite single player FPS of last year - again, reviewed ok, sold poorly.

Shadows of the Damned - great fun - mixed reviews and sold next to nothing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    I thought that Dark void was better than most people gave it credit for. I completely swerved it on launch because of really bad reviews and I'm glad I did because its not worth £40

But I picked it up a couple of months ago from gamestation for £4 and I had a blast
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »

I think the problem with dead island is they had those amazing cinematic trailers but then released a game which graphically looks shoddy in comparison with games released 5 or 6 years ago
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree about the Sabouteur and Enslaved would also add Just Cause 2 to the list.
  • JimallJimall Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    bitebug wrote: »
    One of my favorite games

Nier

I agree with this. Nier definitely rates very high on my favourite games list.

I'll also add Sacred 2 and Vanquish to the list.

If there was more freedom in the camera angle in Sacred 2 I'm sure it would have appealed to so many more people. As for Vanquish, not sure why the radar missed it but a very enjoyable game none-the-less.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Saboteur. Awesome game. A little glitchy but much better then reviews made out.

I also enjoyed Bayonetta, Mirrors Edge and Wolfenstein.
  • bitebugbitebug Posts: 3,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought that and couldnt get into it :(

That's a shame :( How far did you get into it?

I have to admit that the initial area put me off the game until I went back to it at a later date (next day I think) and passed that bit.

Another one which was mentioned -- Enslaved, which I've completed many times (including the DLC).

As with Beyond Good & Evil it didn't sell well but the reviews were all praise,

:(
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psi-Ops The Mindgate Conspiracy was pretty good.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mini Ninjas is also pretty under rated, I think the kiddie look puts people off, but its actually a pretty decent game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Apparantley it sold about 3 million copies so I wouldnt agree, and general consensus is there is bound to be a sequel.