Options

The Syndicate - new drama coming to BBC One

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving this series. One thing niggled me, wouldn't it be enough to just send Bobs medical files to S.A. to see if the operation were viable?

IIRC did't the doctor say it was a fast growing tumour. Before any procedure the surgeon would need the absolute latest scans to ensure the tumour hadn't gone past the point of no return for his procedure. And, tbh, as it is all private I would hate to think they are doing them just to get more £££. It's why US medical insurance is so much... Every time you are seen they run a whole gamut of procedures, scans and tests 'just in case'... :(
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Deleted
  • Options
    Marveille2011Marveille2011 Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Stuart has now asked Denise, Jamie and Leanne if they voted for or against him to have the winnings.

All three have said they voted for him to have an equal share, so one is lying. The obvious choice is the brother but the two women have delayed reactions. Denise last night had a twitch in her eye hmm...

I feel like the brother is too obvious and it was Denise that voted against him. It doesn't make sense because then she donated £1,000,000 to a dog home but it's a tough one to call.

What do you think?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart has now asked Denise, Jamie and Leanne if they voted for or against him to have the winnings.

All three have said they voted for him to have an equal share, so one is lying. The obvious choice is the brother but the two women have delayed reactions. Denise last night had a twitch in her eye hmm...

I feel like the brother is too obvious and it was Denise that voted against him. It doesn't make sense because then she donated £1,000,000 to a dog home but it's a tough one to call.

What do you think?

Definitely the brother who voted against him - I thought that immediately.
  • Options
    cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah im thinking the brother said no so he could then bribe him so he doesnt say anything about the robbery
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah im thinking the brother said no so he could then bribe him so he doesnt say anything about the robbery

Has to be the brother judging by his selfish nature - showing his missus that photo for example was just vindictive.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another good episode last night. Leanne, Deniece and Stuart have such great on screen chemistry.
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member

What do you think?

he asked Bob too - who also said he'd voted for him to have the winnings.

It's going to be his brother Jamie who voted against him.
  • Options
    RainbowsEndRainbowsEnd Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really dont think it can be Denise as she hasnt a bad bone in her body and last night she sounded so genuine to Stuart when she said of course she voted for him to have his share as they had been the two that had instigated the syndicate in the first place.

Jamie as we know is pure evil so it surely must be him.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First Call The Midwife then Prisoners Wives now this. The BBC are spoiling us with all these brilliant new dramas. :)
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Did Jamie stay over at the hotel as well? If not could it have been him that Amy was messing around with in the pool at 5am?
  • Options
    RCarter89RCarter89 Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Did Jamie stay over at the hotel as well? If not could it have been him that Amy was messing around with in the pool at 5am?

I think it was him.
  • Options
    strangerstillstrangerstill Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    IIRC did't the doctor say it was a fast growing tumour. Before any procedure the surgeon would need the absolute latest scans to ensure the tumour hadn't gone past the point of no return for his procedure. And, tbh, as it is all private I would hate to think they are doing them just to get more £££. It's why US medical insurance is so much... Every time you are seen they run a whole gamut of procedures, scans and tests 'just in case'... :(

Agree, but if the most up to date scan from the UK showed it not to be viable then it would prevent a wasted journey and Bobs precious time:)
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

he said no so he would get a bigger share.. £4,500,000 instead of £3,600,000.. it's possible the brother is the father of amy's baby
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure they covered this. I seem to recall Bob's partner asking the consultant here to email all Bob's scans over to S.A. Mr Shapiro will save Bob .... PLEASE!!:)
  • Options
    diyqueendiyqueen Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JellyKate wrote: »
    Can't wait for the final episode next week! My perfect ending would be for sleazy Jamie to drive his Ferrari off the edge of a cliff whilst on the run from drug dealers/police. Skanky Amy would be in the passenger seat. Then with both of them gone, Stuart and his mum and Leanne and the kids can live happily ever after!!:D

I had the same thought
  • Options
    diyqueendiyqueen Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    talking of torchwood, did any notice that Leannes ex was Rhys, Gwens hubby? :)

Thanks for that I just couldn't remember where he was from
  • Options
    sp2011sp2011 Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last nights episode was fantastic, I cried at some of the scenes. Joanna Page is amazing. :D
  • Options
    steven cardwellsteven cardwell Posts: 2,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoying the series, the only bit i can't get my head round, is how someone like Stuart, who has trouble putting a sentence together, would pull anyone like Amy, who in my opinion would be far more "up for it" with a gobby ******** like the brother.

A one night stand maybe, drunk in a nighclub sort of thing, but i just can't see Stuart having the personality in the 1st place to even grab Amy's attention, let alone go out with him.
  • Options
    robotrobot Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has been such an enjoyable series. Slightly contrived script at the beginning but it's got better and better - and with such fine actors as Timothy Spall and Joanna Page, it's been a real joy.

This is the sort of drama that you could never, ever imagine being made by an American TV company.

Just waiting for next week's final episode when the horrible brother meets his fate! (Hopefully!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is just a drama series but anyone think it might get a second series? I'm really enjoying it and while I think everything will be nicely wrapped up at the end I still feel it could continue.

Also Stuart's girlfriend better get whats coming to her, I don't think I've hated a character on TV so much for a long time! :D
  • Options
    Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Legacy o9 wrote: »
    I know this is just a drama series but anyone think it might get a second series? I'm really enjoying it and while I think everything will be nicely wrapped up at the end I still feel it could continue.

Also Stuart's girlfriend better get whats coming to her, I don't think I've hated a character on TV so much for a long time! :D

Perhaps not - but I am completely and utterly besotted with her looks-wise. She's absolutely gorgeous - my new favourite at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First Call The Midwife then Prisoners Wives now this. The BBC are spoiling us with all these brilliant new dramas. :)

Yes, agree with you, these programmes have been fantastic. :)
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC do give us some good shows, even the afternoon series are so good, like The Indian Doctor, Land Girls and that recent one with words and literacture - i cant remember what its called now...... I am waiting for Silk to be back on

I honestly think its Jamie who voted No, the man is selfish

Jo Page was fab in the episode, i felt for her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lennie wrote: »
    BBC do give us some good shows, even the afternoon series are so good, like The Indian Doctor, Land Girls and that recent one with words and literacture - i cant remember what its called now...... I am waiting for Silk to be back on

I honestly think its Jamie who voted No, the man is selfish

Jo Page was fab in the episode, i felt for her

I think the last one you mentioned was 'Secrets and Words'.

I really enjoyed them all too. Great viewing.

I think it was Jamie who voted 'no' too, what a horror!

There are so many ends to tie up next week, I can't wait!