Chaos at the chateau....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
Forum Member
anyone remember this from 2007?

It was hilarious. Wouldnt mind watching it again, is there anywhere that I could watch it?

Dont think there was a DVD of it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a fantastic show, as was it's predecessor A Place in Slovakia. Unfortunately it's one of those shows I don't think we'll ever seen again - although it has a strong cult following there's not enough demand for a DVD release!

I guess best to wait and see if one of the digitial channels (or More4) decide to show it.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,764
    Forum Member
    Was that the one with the American woman and her boyfriend who was a former rock star, or was that 'Chaos at the Casa'?. If I remember rightly, they seemed to split up every week and the production team usually ended up dragging one of them back from the airport/ferry terminal!:D
  • Marksw76Marksw76 Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were a few of these type of programmes around this time. I don't think they were 'true' fly on the wall documentaries. The characters were real but there were quite a few rumours flying around that they were all paid money to 'do what they were told by the producers'. So I guess they were a bit of a crossover to comedy drama.

I do remember the one with 'Rocco' (I think that was his name) the rockstar bloke who had an American wife.

Before this, BBC2 has their pwn version with 'The Armstrongs' which I did manage to get on DVD! It was the one about the Coventry double glazing company with some rather unusual approaches to staff motivation and discipline. I think this was filmed around 2003/2004.

I keep meaning to put it on YouTube but I wasnt sure anyone would remember it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can remember The Armstrongs!

There was also a prog on BBC1 around the same time called, I think, 'Hotel on Sea' which was in the same kind of style - fly on the wall, incompetent managers and camp 'characters'.