Options

JULIE: Some perspective please

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
Forum Member
I honestly think we need some perspective on the Julie situation

She's a 70 year old woman.

She doesn't like conflict and will do anything to keep the piece

Of course she has an opinion on people but she's not one to get involved in a big shouting match

She hasn't behaved anywhere near as badly as the boys have, and she hasn't done nearly half the vicious and nasty things I've seen housemates do over the years

She's just a people pleaser, which unfortunately makes her two faced but i guarantee she doesn't mean any harm by it she just doesn't like offending people.

I know this because I'm exactly the same.

Please stop with the pitch forks and the complete OTT Witch hunt going on

Comments

• Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're clearly a Julie fan.

Not sure why her being 70 has got anything to do with anything.

And she seems to have fooled you too :)
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think her 'game' makes her public enemy number one, but it does show her as two faced and the voters rarely want someone who has shown themselves to be deceptive to win.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    She is soooo playing them all and getting a kick out of it :D

She doesn't give a toss what anyone thinks. She'll stay in as long as possible, turn a load of people against each other, then pick up her check and leave because she never has to see any of them again.

Any analysis of her behaviour would seem silly to anyone who knows it's just a put on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're clearly a Julie fan.

And she seems to have fooled you too :)

Im actually a Dancia fan if you look at my posting history

I dont agree with some of what Julie does but i dont think shes being malicious and the vitriol thrown at her is waaaaaay over the top
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I dont agree with some of what Julie does but i dont think shes being malicious and the vitriol thrown at her is waaaaaay over the top

Sorry, I very rarely look at anyone's posting history.

I agree that some of the stuff I've read on here is a tad OTT, however, she's not been quite the angel that some people are also making her out to be.
  • Options
    KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I very rarely look at anyone's posting history.

I agree that some of the stuff I've read on here is a tad OTT, however, she's not been quite the angel that some people are also making her out to be.

No not an angel, I haven't seen anyone actually saying she is. Entertaining, earning her money etc, but not an angel.

However, there is a 'mood' that happens on the forum when people get behind or against one particular HM, and it does turn quite nasty. In some (rare) cases this is probably justified, but is still quite distasteful and it tends to build to a place that is neither pretty nor justified.

Some of the words used to describe Julie have been very nasty, and way above what Julie herself has said, which is a shame, because once you stoop below that which you critisize your argument is lost.

From my point of view, I would like to be able to discuss Julie and some of the other HMs without being accused of being 'a Julie lover' or 'a moron' or anything personal that seems to be thrown at anyone that doesn't toe the party line.

It's quite sad that through banding together, back slapping and congratulating one another for 'not being fooled' a gang mentatlity akin to what is being decried in the house, is formed.

All said with love :)
  • Options
    Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still like Julie and think she's a greats HM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kewpee wrote: »
    No not an angel, I haven't seen anyone actually saying she is. Entertaining, earning her money etc, but not an angel.

However, there is a 'mood' that happens on the forum when people get behind or against one particular HM, and it does turn quite nasty. In some (rare) cases this is probably justified, but is still quite distasteful and it tends to build to a place that is neither pretty nor justified.

Some of the words used to describe Julie have been very nasty, and way above what Julie herself has said, which is a shame, because once you stoop below that which you critisize your argument is lost.

From my point of view, I would like to be able to discuss Julie and some of the other HMs without being accused of being 'a Julie lover' or 'a moron' or anything personal that seems to be thrown at anyone that doesn't toe the party line.

It's quite sad that through banding together, back slapping and congratulating one another for 'not being fooled' a gang mentatlity akin to what is being decried in the house, is formed.

Wonderful post

I just dont think shes doing what shes doing out of malice, shes just a people pleaser who doesnt want to offend people by openly expressing her opinion.

A lot of people are like that, im like that.

Unfortunatley that means she and i can be two faced.

But believe me it doesnt come from a nasty place
  • Options
    Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brilliant. Well said.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh please, not malicious. Insinuating she had seen things on the gods screen that she hadn't, in order to drive a wedge between Julian and other HMs was completely malicious. I am glad he is too mature and intelligent to fall for it.

If she was such a nice person who just wanted to keep the peace, she would have done exactly as she and Martin decided initially and NEVER mentioned that they were able to see everything that went on in the house.

Mind you, she's good viewing.
  • Options
    BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a great housemate
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also find some of the names Julie is being called way OTT.

This is the first year on DS that I've succumbed to using the "Ignore" button.
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I first heard Julie was going in the BB house, I recalled something I read about her being a diva & how there were issues when she worked in Corrie. Now this was probably read in the Daily Fail. I was young & immature back then, please don't berate me:confused::cry:. I thought it better to give Julie the benefit of doubt.

I gradually warmed to Julie & thought this perception of her being a bit of a nightmare was a persona Julie was putting on herself? Was the real Julie a quiet, considerate, mellowing in years, kind hearted people pleaser..... Up until last Thursday, I considered this to possibly be true.

Now I can see the real Julie is a gossipy, moany, 2-faced geriatric who is still desperate for fame, fortune & public love. I previously had felt for her husband who was humiliated on BBOTS. Now I don't feel sorry at all; he chose Julie & I'm sure she's worse to deal with than a Nolan sister!

Julie has been a great HM, but I don't like her or her silly headband ears she insists on wearing at evictions or her constant chewing of gum. I've seen cows eat with more etiquite.:eek: I'd love to see Coleen step up & tell Julie how she feels, but I don't think she will. I'd also like Julie to be punished for the 'next it's Danica' (I'm paraphrasing) comment to Sam. BB are protecting her to a certain extent as if she wasn't in the house it would be exceptionally dull. Don't mind this, but PLEASE do not let Julie win!!
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish people would stop bringing her age into it.

And I am a people pleaser...it annoys me that I am...but I most certainly don't go around being two faced. But my ar&e does get sore from sitting on the fence a lot of the time. :D

She is a great value for money HM but she isn't above criticism.
  • Options
    aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Julie is playing the game. She is saying the same things others are saying but because she swears it sounds worse. She and Coleen haven't got on since day 1 and Coleen can't get over the fact that Julie nommed her within 48 hours even though they appeared to be getting on (we know better because Coleen never shut up about how she thought Julie was fake and game playing)
    Everybody was getting on in the first 48 hours yet they all nommed each other for pathetic reasons why is it only wrong that Julie did it to Coleen?
    They have issues with each other that could be easily solved if they talked to each other instead of behind each others backs. Coleen is taking the game playing way too seriously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »

And I am a people pleaser...it annoys me that I am...but I most certainly don't go around being two faced. But my ar&e does get sore from sitting on the fence a lot of the time. :D

No shes not above criticism

But some of the nastiness is completely over the top

She's not even the top 50% of housemates whove been bad. Shes getting far worse than most of the badboys have got over the years and theyve done far worse
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    There's no correct perspective only a consistent perspective.

I have no issue at all with people who want to show a great deal of understanding towards Julie's behaviour.

However I can guarantee that those people will have not offered the same level of understanding to all the HMs.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No shes not above criticism

But some of the nastiness is completely over the top

She's not even the top 50% of housemates whove been bad. Shes getting far worse than most of the badboys have got over the years and theyve done far worse

I have never been nasty about her, I was just saying, she isn't above criticism.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I don't agree. Julie comes across as a spoilt diva-like person who is used to manipulating everyone around her.
    She is insincere and calculating and makes other housemates feel she is the indespensible housemate.
    I think she is OK sometimes but mostly she isn't being very pleasant or forgiving.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This. Ageism is never an excuse, whether positive or negative.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »

Lol :D i am the same. Though i tend to go for it if someone is being unjustly treated.
    i didn't mind Julie before she entered the house but im not a fan of her now. I don't see the point really in some of the really nasty comments made about her. Feelings can be made just as well in a politer manner.
  • Options
    KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    Arcana wrote: »
    There's no correct perspective only a consistent perspective.

I have no issue at all with people who want to show a great deal of understanding towards Julie's behaviour.

However I can guarantee that those people will have not offered the same level of understanding towards all the HMs.

Human beings by nature are inconsistent, for which there are many reasons.

Watching RTV is not going to be a place where consistency is ever likely to stand a chance, everyone is going to warm to, or not warm to, different HMs, and rightly so, we all have our own criteria that influences that.

Understanding of a HMs behaviour is not condoning it, and doesn't mean you can't see other HM's perspective also.

The problem comes when language used to descibe the HMs descends into the gutter.
  • Options
    potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I'm fed up of people calling other people 'fake' all the time just because they are 2-faced or people pleasers. Everyone on BB has spoke behind the other's backs !
    Ashley calls Danica fake when he is the same!
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 3,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cezzy wrote: »
    When I first heard Julie was going in the BB house, I recalled something I read about her being a diva & how there were issues when she worked in Corrie. Now this was probably read in the Daily Fail. I was young & immature back then, please don't berate me:confused::cry:. I thought it better to give Julie the benefit of doubt.

I gradually warmed to Julie & thought this perception of her being a bit of a nightmare was a persona Julie was putting on herself? Was the real Julie a quiet, considerate, mellowing in years, kind hearted people pleaser..... Up until last Thursday, I considered this to possibly be true.

Now I can see the real Julie is a gossipy, moany, 2-faced geriatric who is still desperate for fame, fortune & public love. I previously had felt for her husband who was humiliated on BBOTS. Now I don't feel sorry at all; he chose Julie & I'm sure she's worse to deal with than a Nolan sister!

Julie has been a great HM, but I don't like her or her silly headband ears she insists on wearing at evictions or her constant chewing of gum. I've seen cows eat with more etiquite.:eek: I'd love to see Coleen step up & tell Julie how she feels, but I don't think she will. I'd also like Julie to be punished for the 'next it's Danica' (I'm paraphrasing) comment to Sam. BB are protecting her to a certain extent as if she wasn't in the house it would be exceptionally dull. Don't mind this, but PLEASE do not let Julie win!!

I agree with every word you say.
    I liked Julie before she went into the BB house.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Human beings by nature are inconsistent, for which there are many reasons.

Watching RTV is not going to be a place where consistency is ever likely to stand a chance, everyone is going to warm to, or not warm to, different HMs, and rightly so, we all have our own criteria that influences that.

Understanding of a HMs behaviour is not condoning it, and doesn't mean you can't see other HM's perspective also.

The problem comes when language used to descibe the HMs descends into the gutter.

No the real problem is that some human beings are much more inconsistent than others and some try much harder than others to be consistent.

Forum rules notwithstanding, you can justify drawing the line at any point with regard to the use of language as long as that standard is applied across the board. ⚖