This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 18**

Comments

• Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    Hello Alli !
    Missed you and looking forward to hearing a lot more from you in the coming months!

Hi sweetie, hope you're good! :)
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Yea. The usual suspects are assembling.

The quality if the rumoured line up is so bad - I might even start drinking again (& I've hardly drunk at all for last couple of months).
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    SaraV1308 wrote: »

The quality if the rumoured line up is so bad - I might even start drinking again (& I've hardly drunk at all for last couple of months).

The thing is, i'm never bothered about how z-list the cast are, as long as they're willing to give it their all & make the most of the opportunity. There will always be people in the cast however, that I can't stand for some reason or another & if the rumours about Julien McDonald & Vanessa Feltz are true, then my liver is going to take a battering :cry::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    The thing is, i'm never bothered about how z-list the cast are, as long as they're willing to give it their all & make the most of the opportunity. There will always be people in the cast however, that I can't stand for some reason or another & if the rumours about Julien McDonald & Vanessa Feltz are true, then my liver is going to take a battering :cry::p

Thread'll be busy ;):D
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    Ben Cohen. That's not terrible.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member

Gavin Henson...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Definite eye candy. ;) He'll be another dancing wardrobe though, but a pretty dancing wardrobe. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Gavin Henson...

We loved Gavin on here because of his ickle face. ;) Plus, he was hilarious. :D
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    We loved Gavin on here because of his ickle face. ;) Plus, he was hilarious. :D

Widdy aside, I loved series 8. Probably our best year for nicknames :D

The spoiler thread conga when Widdy was finally eliminated was pretty funny too :D
    Forum Member

Are we sure that the journalists have not just come on here and picked up on the detective work for the celebs thread?
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we sure that the journalists have not just come on here and picked up on the detective work for the celebs thread?

I do wonder that sometimes - people on the celeb thread are so convinced that their 'detective work' has uncovered somebody that I bet journalists just report what they have seen on there.
    Forum Member
    Camis wrote: »
    I do wonder that sometimes - people on the celeb thread are so convinced that their 'detective work' has uncovered somebody that I bet journalists just report what they have seen on there.

I wondered that too. Isn't it a bit early to be using twitter follows as a clue, surely they won't know yet who their fellow contestants are?
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member

Oh, entirely possible. But he wouldn't be a terrible idea. He has pretty eyes.

Anyone here heard about possibles? What about those working in the meeedja?
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wondered that too. Isn't it a bit early to be using twitter follows as a clue, surely they won't know yet who their fellow contestants are?

Exactly - I guess following pros might be a bit of a clue, but to then extrapolate that out to other celebs that they are following is just clutching at straws.
  • allgrownupallgrownup Posts: 7,066
    Forum Member
    Thread activity! Yay, silly season is upon us! :D Good to have you all back.
    Monkseal wrote: »
    After the massive success of Russell and Richard (neither of whom they had to drag bodily to the halfway mark via inflated scores and saving them in the dance-off no sir) obviously the effeminate mo is a box that must be ticked.

Personally I'm hoping, if it's true, that this "CRAZY UNCLE JULIAN!!!" facade he's erected in recent years crumbles within a week and he reverts back to the miserable snipey little gremlin he always presented as before. Starts telling Janette that she needs to lose weight if they're going to have any chance of winning. That sort of thing.

Have you ever considered going into marketing? Because that just sold me and it HAS to happen just for the lolz.
    Widdy aside, I loved series 8. Probably our best year for nicknames :D

The spoiler thread conga when Widdy was finally eliminated was pretty funny too :D

Series 8 was one of our finest. Artem is rubbish, the bandwagon, FAN WARZ, Gavbot and Katya, Norman Deadnan.

Even though I started it, was it also the year of Strictly Bingo or did the list come the year after?
    Forum Member
    allgrownup wrote: »
    Thread activity! Yay, silly season is upon us! :D Good to have you all back.

Have you ever considered going into marketing? Because that just sold me and it HAS to happen just for the lolz.

Series 8 was one of our finest. Artem is rubbish, the bandwagon, FAN WARZ, Gavbot and Katya, Norman Deadnan.

Even though I started it, was it also the year of Strictly Bingo or did the list come the year after?

I think that we came up with the ideas/categories during series 8 & you launched it at the beginning of 9.

Series 8 also had Smug Farmer and Bad Tranny :D
    Forum Member
    I think that we came up with the ideas/categories during series 8 & you launched it at the beginning of 9.

Series 8 also had Smug Farmer and Bad Tranny :D

Oh yeah! It was Norman being so good at Bingo that triggered it. :D

I hope we get another vintage year, as Monkseal said, it's the year for another Strictly Goddess to join the Holy Trinity of Jill/Alesha/Kara.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

I'll be forgiving them a lot if the Ben Cohen rumour pans out :D
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member

fickle... ;):D
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah! It was Norman being so good at Bingo that triggered it. :D

I hope we get another vintage year, as Monkseal said, it's the year for another Strictly Goddess to join the Holy Trinity of Jill/Alesha/Kara.

I love that we all dismiss Kerplunk as just being a blip :D
    Forum Member
    I love that we all dismiss Kerplunk as just being a blip :D

Well, she didn't even want to be there, as she so wonderfully reiterated a couple of days ago. Thought it would ruin her credibility as a newsreader. :D

Plus series one never happened. ;)
    Forum Member

Don't the producers realise that just having one male eye candy celeb is bad news. If they really want to split the eye candy/male totty vote they should be providing at least 5 or 6 eye candy male celebs for us to vote for (thus splitting the "Vagina" vote.

I'm unappreciating the feeling of manipulation that I'm sensing.
    Forum Member
    Well, she didn't even want to be there, as she so wonderfully reiterated a couple of days ago. Thought it would ruin her credibility as a newsreader. :D

Plus series one never happened. ;)

I'll admit that I wanted Chris Parker to win series 1, in my defense, series 1 was a new thing & the focus was on it being a charity thing for sports relief. That Paso Doble is also one of my favourite tv moments :D. Plus, I have an irrational dislike of Claire Sweeney & Kerplunk and the less said about Lesley 'LAAAH' Garrett, the better. Wouldn't have minded Martin Offiah winning though.
    Forum Member
    Don't the producers realise that just having one male eye candy celeb is bad news. If they really want to split the eye candy/male totty vote they should be providing at least 5 or 6 eye candy male celebs for us to vote for (thus splitting the "Vagina" vote.

I'm unappreciating the feeling of manipulation that I'm sensing.

It might be that they're having trouble getting male celebs to sign up though this year, could explain why Emma has suddenly disappeared from the website despite previously being announced :confused:
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or the tabloids have led with the rumours of pretty younger women because that's what gets page-clicks?
This discussion has been closed.