The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 44)

Comments

• BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    And so to our next FM that entered every one of the 26 contests ....

29th (33) big bro geek 402pts 26/26

Despite winning Fantasy Heat 4 and getting 3 qualifiers through, this wasn't enough to cancel out 10 results that he had that resulted in single figures. Still, he's been a busy boy as we know ;)

Just wait until he gets all his kids on here in a few years, he will be storming up the table :p
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woo 28th. Nice result, totally topping it next week though :cool::cool:

And I forgot I entered a single contest last year. Lols!!
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    25th (13) sbrum1984 440pts 26/26

What the hell happened this year? No matter what brummy threw at us, it was never enough (still love Beating Heart Baby by Head Automatica :p). The best he managed was in the first contest of the season with the unforgettable puppies of Reidun Sæther

24th (16) weedydiamond 444pts 26/26

Weedy likes to pretend that he doesn't really care about the competitive element of these contests, but trust me, he does! A win in best Halloween and 2 qualifiers shows that!

23rd (28) RogerMilla 467pts 25/26

Roger missed the Non-ESC song by an ESC Artist contest, but apart from that he's been a constant this year. 2 qualifiers, just like weedy, but his best result came in the Best of The Musicals with the glorious Irene Cara :)
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And so to our next FM that entered every one of the 26 contests ....

29th (33) big bro geek 402pts 26/26

Despite winning Fantasy Heat 4 and getting 3 qualifiers through, this wasn't enough to cancel out 10 results that he had that resulted in single figures. Still, he's been a busy boy as we know ;)

Oh what a surprise I'm bottom of the every contest people.

I thought I'd be quite a bit higher:(
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    25th (13) sbrum1984 440pts 26/26

What the hell happened this year? No matter what brummy threw at us, it was never enough (still love Beating Heart Baby by Head Automatica :p). The best he managed was in the first contest of the season with the unforgettable puppies of Reidun Sæther

Weedy likes to pretend that he doesn't really care about the competitive element of these contests, but trust me, he does! A win in best Halloween and 2 qualifiers shows that!

23rd (28) RogerMilla 467pts 25/26

Roger missed the Non-ESC song by an ESC Artist contest, but apart from that he's been a constant this year. 2 qualifiers, just like weedy, but his best result came in the Best of The Musicals with the glorious Irene Cara :)

Beaten by Weedy. That's just :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    22nd (22) Jaccobabe 480pts 26/26

Our representative from Norway had an up and down season, yet to be seen if he can recreate the win in overall Fantasy that he had back in Season 10, with 4 qualifiers, he's given himself a chance! I'm just impressed in a nerdy way that he came 22nd again this year :D

21st (47) Pandora 481pts 24/26

Oh Pandy how could you miss two contests?! The scores around these positions are so bloody close, you would have broken the top 20 with ease...
  • ESC RossESC Ross Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy with 27th :D
    My aim is to win a contest next season :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh what a surprise I'm bottom of the every contest people.

I thought I'd be quite a bit higher:(

No you're not, Drew was!
  • Nicky2win87Nicky2win87 Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some big familiar names dropping off before the top 20!
  • KozmicBluesKozmicBlues Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo, Top 20! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before we crack on with the Top 20, it's time for another musical highlight from this year. I was going to steer clear of fantasy songs as the contest isn't over yet, but then thought "What The Hell" and I'm going to invite on stage a favourite Fantasy 2012 song that didn't qualify for the semi final stage, who did it belong to? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNyhWXrLv8Y
  • weedydiamondweedydiamond Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beaten by Weedy. That's just :o

Snigger!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Huh, how am I top 20?! Based on some of the names already gone, I shouldn't even be top 30!
    Is BBAnne's spreadsheet playing up somehow??!
  • weedydiamondweedydiamond Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wish there was a Fantasy/Non-fantasy breakdown - I couldn't give a toss about my Fantasy Results. I try a bit harder in the others... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish there was a Fantasy/Non-fantasy breakdown - I couldn't give a toss about my Fantasy Results. I try a bit harder in the others... :D

There will be download links at the end of the show :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top 20 time!

Scraping into 20th place by 4 pts.....

(9) Chickens hit 485pts 24/26

A mid season emigration could have put paid to Chickens' chances of a decent finish, he was convinced that he wouldn't be able to enter anything ... low and behold he soldiers on and gets himself 5 qualifiers! Good work mate :)
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I try hard in both :p Frankie Howerd and Kenneth McKellar are testament to this. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    globbits wrote: »
    Huh, how am I top 20?! Based on some of the names already gone, I shouldn't even be top 30!
    Is BBAnne's spreadsheet playing up somehow??!

Almost a commentator's curse moment!

19th(21) globbits 487pts 26/26

See what I mean about the points being so close around these parts? Interesting fantasy songs on the whole (love Auf De Mar!) and a quality qualifier for Fantasy SF's means that it's been a solid year :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18th (19) thms 489pts 26/26

Just another 2 points ahead is our capital letter avoider and Nana Tang botherer, thms. He was victorious in the best Birthday songs with T'Pau but has also had some shocking fantasy results! But thank you so much for Shawn Hook!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    17th (10) Fudd 496pts 25/26

Fudd missed out on Halloween this year, but mid table results throughout the season has kept him with a decent final placing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Almost a commentator's curse moment!

19th(21) globbits 487pts 26/26

See what I mean about the points being so close around these parts? Interesting fantasy songs on the whole (love Auf De Mar!) and a quality qualifier for Fantasy SF's means that it's been a solid year :)

Yay \o/

Wow, I'm stunned I'm so high, and got 2 places higher than last year - I remembered coming near bottom in all the contests!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16th (5) NightFox Dancer 519pts 24/26

Uh-oh, are you gonna tell her? Talk about ups and downs this year. Has had podium positions but so many shockers too! And missing out on the Christmas song contest and the best of the 80's didn't help. With a new flat and new internet connection for 2013, I feel it will be your year Amy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    15th (18) Portugal 523pts 23/26

Portugal sadly missed out on the Best of NF's 2012, Halloween and Best Birthday songs, but has still managed to better his placing from last year as well as nab 4 places in the Fantasy SF's. At this rate, he will win the contest in about 5 years :)
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    17th (10) Fudd 496pts 25/26

Fudd missed out on Halloween this year, but mid table results throughout the season has kept him with a decent final placing

Hmm, worse than 2011. I'd like to do better in 2013 but I'm not sure if I'm going to be about as much. :o I shall do my best to make sure the fightback starts here. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    14th (17) pauledin99 533pts 26/26

Another of our more mature posters ;) Paul has been present for every single contest and 3 qualifiers shows it's not just a young man's game ;)Again, in 5 years, he should win this - although as he's the owner of a fair bit of Eurovision tat himself, it might be difficult to find something original as a prize!
This discussion has been closed.