NEW VIDEO: Jessie J- Wild

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    The album was dated because the majority of the songs were written between 4 and 6 years prior to release. She was supposed to have an album out before then with most of those songs, but the label went bust, so she transferred the, over to the new project.

For me that is no excuse i'm not saying scrap what she had done but update it and bring it forward releasing an album of mediocre dated songs for me just does not cut it Who You Are was and is probably one of the worst albums i ahve bought in years.
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was quite underwhelmed at first but now really enjoy it! It's the first Jessie J track I've bought!

Also, what does OA/OS mean? Not really up to date on all the terminology :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was quite underwhelmed at first but now really enjoy it! It's the first Jessie J track I've bought!

Also, what does OA/OS mean? Not really up to date on all the terminology :/

On Air On Sale it means as soon as it hits the radio or whatever you can buy it :)
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    troy4783 wrote: »
    It's sounds SO much better in HQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPcbTQfvWGA&feature=player_embedded The Chorus is massive can see this being a grower for people.

It would've been big regardless. Radio loves her here :)
    I love the beat on it. It'll do well.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    I love the song. The verses remind me a bit of Run the World/Pon de Floor, and the chorus is very catchy. So much better than the generic, forgettable Domino imo.

I KNEW the verse beat reminded me of something Pon De Floor!!
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    It's 37 on ITunes already pretty impressive ! really liking this :)
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was good doing youtube videos in her room but I just don't believe in her as an artist (and neither does she or anyone else, hence why she's trying to become more of a TV personality than known for her music). It all seems so forced.

Incidentally, Domino might have been a bit generic, but it had a much better chorus than this. I hope there's more depth to her new album and opportunity for Jessie to show off her natural talent.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God I hate the sound of Dizzee Rascal's voice.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On first listen I'd say 'Wild' is a cool song that has potential to grow on me HOWEVER, I don't think it's gonna wow me. The song just isn't catchy enough which is where the problem really lies. I think it's a case of bein'.... decent but could have been better.

The video is very underwhelming, I don't really get it!
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AMAZING SONG. AMAZING VIDEO.

I dislike Jessie J but DAMN this hot.
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    On Air On Sale it means as soon as it hits the radio or whatever you can buy it :)

Ah I understand now, thank you! :)
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So dissapointed. That's all I have to say
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was good doing youtube videos in her room but I just don't believe in her as an artist (and neither does she or anyone else, hence why she's trying to become more of a TV personality than known for her music). It all seems so forced.

Incidentally, Domino might have been a bit generic, but it had a much better chorus than this. I hope there's more depth to her new album and opportunity for Jessie to show off her natural talent.

I agree with you whole heartedly it's liek she has the talent jsut doesn't have a clue what exactly to do with it :o

And glad i could help Banana :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's number 5 on UK iTunes!!!! Not bad for less than 24 hours.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like it at the start but the chorus is so addictive and catchy I can't help but like it.
    I like the acoustic version as well but this song is a perfect summer tune .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OA/OS is doing wonders for her. I wonder why it typically doesn't work. Tbh, she should release all her singles this way. Her twitter seems like all the marketing she needs. Remember Me with Daley went to #24 the day she tweeted about it and that was his first proper single with just the Alan Carr promo after release. I don't think the voice ruined her rep like people thought it would.
  • anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure at first as I preferred the acoustic version initially ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crGnGsKFJYA&feature=share&list=PL6r_ItN3iAGcI97rWDOsweTe4F7DvJXJ9 ) but have listened to it a couple times today and really started to like it.

she's up to number 4 on iTunes now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's #3 now. This is pretty epic, tbh.
  • anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    She's #3 now. This is pretty epic, tbh.

it is glad she is doing well with it

she did a concert in morocco last night she sings some of it http://youtu.be/eMpQr2e8M9c (at 32 minutes) and just before she sang another new one (think may be called dreams)
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole thing is a bit meh. The chorus is ok, a bit weak but may grow on me. Two rap verses is just laziness though. The lyrics on the verse she sings are pretty weak so obviously they decided that they couldn't be arsed coming up with two more. It's not the infectious song I was expecting from her.

She's pretty lucky that she gets such good promo and that there seems to be a concerted effort being put into making her a star, not least by the BBC. This will be a hit, but it's not particularly good.
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    God I hate the sound of Dizzee Rascal's voice.

Yes it's not a pleasing sound, not liking the song or the video much, i'm feeling rather tired today and I actually nearly nodded off at 3mins.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on the first listen. MEH

Is that it? Urgh.
    The acoustic version sounded better
    and what is with the horrible pointless rappers
    Her voice sounds really auto tuned

Maybe a few more listens might change my mind?
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst thing she's ever done, imo! I love her first album but if this new song is an example of what to expect from her next album I won't be buying it. Boring generic dance stuff full of rent-a-rappers (yawn). Hope I'm wrong and she'll release better stuff than this junk!
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has grown on me so much already; well apart from Dizzee's verse which is still as awful as ever.

Sigh ... and It had been such a pleasant couple of years without him in the charts.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I don't like this song or video.