Options

Food Network

BT Vision now do not allow access to TWO Freeview channels.
41 Food Network is now not accessible (alongside 42 Travel Channel) because BT have allocated 41 and 42 to their Sky Sports channels when IPTV should be in the 500+ section keeping in line with Talk Talk TV (YouView).

I complained to BT, they replied that BT Vision does not have to offer the full Freeview lineup and does not claim to.

Comments

• Options
    Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's bizarre - why didn't they take the opportunity to move the LCNs to the 500 range at the same time they moved Sky Sports customers onto multicast delivery? After all, that is what the 500 range is for.

I can only guess that they were concerned about further annoying their Sky Sports customers, or else there is some sort of outdated clause in the agreement with Sky that requires use of these LCNs (possibly invalidating the agreement if there is any change, which is something Sky would love to happen).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    I can only guess that they were concerned about further annoying their Sky Sports customers, or else there is some sort of outdated clause in the agreement with Sky that requires use of these LCNs (possibly invalidating the agreement if there is any change, which is something Sky would love to happen).

It definitely won't be down to concerns about annoying their customers ;)

I think you're right, it wouldn't surprise me if it was about the contract with Sky. If there was any vagueness in the contracts - then I'm sure BT would have exploited it by getting Sky Sports onto Youview (under the premise that it's just BTTV just on another box), but they haven't been able to, which means the contract must be really tight and really specific.

That said, if that is the case, then why don't they just organise to stream the Food and Travel channels to their 500 range like they do with BBC1 HD etc. Problem sorted for a very minimal cost!
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There must surely be something in the licensing to use the DTT EPG that should ensure channels appear against their assigned LCNs as per DigitalUK's assignment.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really annoyed with this but i found an anomaly , i set the pvr to record floyd on spain and series linked it and it has recorded them all so far even though food network is not on EPG
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    41 & 42 now have their correct Freeview channels on my box.