Adrian Chiles Radio 5 Live

up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,500
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So.Which Friday IS he returning then? Radio Times said today.He's not on.Next Friday the Radio Times claims he is fronting the live football on ITV from 7,30.Curious,anyone know whats going on?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Better on 5 live at least I can only hear him not look at him
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better on the Radio so we don't have to see his actions on ITV.
  • dave2702dave2702 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This morning on Drive (or afternoon if you're in the UK) someone emailed to ask and they said 2 weeks time
  • Robbie01Robbie01 Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why 5 Live felt the need to have him back. He has the most dreary voice. Also there's enough people already at the station who could have presented the programme rather than having to get a former Wake Up To Money presenter to come back to thr station once a week. Unless Peter Allen is considering retiring and Chiles is his full time replacement.

Speaking of Wake Up To Money, have 5 Live decided not to ditch the programme? I thought it was ending at the end of October but it's still on air at present.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Robbie01 wrote: »

Speaking of Wake Up To Money, have 5 Live decided not to ditch the programme? I thought it was ending at the end of October but it's still on air at present.

And where's Andy Verity gone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Incidentally I made a mistake when I posted that Adrian Chiles was a former presenter of "Wake Up To Money". I'm getting mixed up with the daily financial programme he presented on BBC2 (was it called "Working Lunch"?). At 5 Live he was co-host of the Breakfast programme. The original co-host in fact, back in March 1994.
  • PassengersPassengers Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't understand how this guy get's on. Face that would stop a clock and a voice as dreary as a wet Monday monday morning. Dreadful broadcaster.
  • Black CrowBlack Crow Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    keithl wrote: »

He hasn't been on all summer. I've heard him do a few reports on BBC TV news. Adam Parsons is much better than Verity anyway.
  • Hybrid telliesHybrid tellies Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like the wit and dry humour of Adrian Chiles, I think its great that he is back on the beeb.
  • mgbstagmgbstag Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey wake up to money takes me back about 10 years ago when was on shift work. Is the cockney bloke still on, Mickey something
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mgbstag wrote: »
    Blimey wake up to money takes me back about 10 years ago when was on shift work. Is the cockney bloke still on, Mickey something
    Mickey Clark, yup, he's still there!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    keithl wrote: »

Andy is doing stuff for Newsnight
    Forum Member
    Black Crow wrote: »
    He hasn't been on all summer. I've heard him do a few reports on BBC TV news. Adam Parsons is much better than Verity anyway.

Nah Prefer Verity
    Forum Member
    Robbie01 wrote: »
    Mickey Clark, yup, he's still there!

Used to love Andy and Mickey dream team
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like the Sunday 606 programme Adrian Chiles hosted back in the mid 2000s. He came across well, could relate to the fans calling in and didn't take it too seriously. I think he stopped hosting 606 in 2007 or 2008 in order to concentrate on his Match of the Day 2 presenting commitments.

Since then, 606 seems to have been on an almost terminal decline with bad presenter following bad presenter. The current 606 presenting line-up is in my honest opinion the worst in the show's history. So it would be a good move if Radio 5 Live restored Chiles to one of the weekend 606 slots on non-FA Cup weekends. Maybe this is one for next year though, what with his ITV FA Cup presenting work not being an issue beyond this season.
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like the Sunday 606 programme Adrian Chiles hosted back in the mid 2000s. He came across well, could relate to the fans calling in and didn't take it too seriously. I think he stopped hosting 606 in 2007 or 2008 in order to concentrate on his Match of the Day 2 presenting commitments.

Since then, 606 seems to have been on an almost terminal decline with bad presenter following bad presenter. The current 606 presenting line-up is in my honest opinion the worst in the show's history. So it would be a good move if Radio 5 Live restored Chiles to one of the weekend 606 slots on non-FA Cup weekends. Maybe this is one for next year though, what with his ITV FA Cup presenting work not being an issue beyond this season.

He'll be out of contract period after the World Cup. Plus the live Champions League matches on ITV will cease come May 2015.