Options

**SPOILER THREAD** Saturday 30th November

toyboysmumtoyboysmum Posts: 1,092
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Am I correct in thinking that we don't have a spoiler for this week? If so, is anyone willing to give the spoiler or knows of someone who would?

Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumping this on to the first page.
    Anyone with tickets for this week?
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Still no spoiler source??
    I must admit I haven't seen any mention on DS of anyone with tickets this weekend.

Will put a few feelers out to see if any of my dance contacts knows anyone but don't hold out much hope.

And this weekend its going to be vital... Mark and WHO??? Could be anyone of them.
  • Options
    L_SilverwolfL_Silverwolf Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the worst comes to the worst, I volunteer to hang around outside the studio and harangue people until I find out what happened! ;)
  • Options
    abigailsmumabigailsmum Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    I thought they got the results from here...:confused: ... Or am I wrong in thinking that?? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as far as I'm aware Pashulty - they get it from the newswires (Associated Press, Reuters etc.)- BBC release the result on the Saturday because otherwise it wouldn't make the Monday papers with interviews etc due to the timing of the results show broadcast.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as far as I'm aware Pashulty - they get it from the newswires (Associated Press, Reuters etc.)- BBC release the result on the Saturday because otherwise it wouldn't make the Monday papers with interviews etc due to the timing of the results show broadcast.

:( looks like I'll have to cruise the betting odds sites.
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member

Thanks... :) ... Makes sense... :)
    Will just have to troll the site on Saturday..... :eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( looks like I'll have to cruise the betting odds sites.

I wouldn't bother hun - we know from experience they get the result from us!:cool:
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't bother hun - we know from experience they get the result from us!:cool:

:D

Can't imagine not knowing before I go to bed! Someone will deliver. It's only Wednesday :)
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe no-one is interested in going now that Ben's out. :cry:
  • Options
    toyboysmumtoyboysmum Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the week when we could see a shock result - maybe Mark will garner enough public support to stay and someone else will have to go?! I hope someone is willing to 'spoil' :)
  • Options
    flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

Can't imagine not knowing before I go to bed! Someone will deliver. It's only Wednesday :)

I quite agree :eek:

BIB: That's the spirit :D
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no !!! I really hope we have a spoiler. This week B2 is going to be really interesting , shocking or both :eek:.

And I can't bear to wait till Sunday to find out :(:(

I will be too nervous :o:o
  • Options
    scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've never seen anything that would suggest that this is the case.

I have always believed that they pick the result up from the DS spoiler, based upon my observations of the time that they declare the result each week.

As you say, the media know the result every Saturday night but I am not aware of them ever breaking this confidence and announcing the result ahead of the result's show.

I'm not even sure that Strictly Newswire is a part of the media as such - and therefore unsure that it would get the result from the BBC as you suggest.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They get the news from DS ;):cool:. They have been many cases that prove that in the past but last week was especially evident. As soon as the spoiler came here about Ben & Mark, they removed Ben name from the odd sites immediately a few minutes later :cool:
  • Options
    MrsGrahamMrsGraham Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toyboysmum wrote: »
    Am I correct in thinking that we don't have a spoiler for this week? If so, is anyone willing to give the spoiler or knows of someone who would?

Would it be worth starting this thread again, with a different title?

Some people deliberately avoid reading threads with 'spoiler' in the title.

There may be someone who is going (or knows someone who is going) but they just haven't seen the request here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scarlotti wrote: »
    I've never seen anything that would suggest that this is the case.

I have always believed that they pick the result up from the DS spoiler, based upon my observations of the time that they declare the result each week.

As you say, the media know the result every Saturday night but I am not aware of them ever breaking this confidence and announcing the result ahead of the result's show.

I'm not even sure that Strictly Newswire is a part of the media as such - and therefore unsure that it would get the result from the BBC as you suggest.

Not according to their website. When we've had problems in the past it's been up there before we've been confirmed & has been correct when we've had trolls before our confirmed spoiler provider.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I reckon I could provide you with the spoiler now. If it isn't Mark (bless him) I will eat Trev's hat.

I write this more as a bumping exercise than a serious suggestion of course.:)
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    If the worst comes to the worst, I volunteer to hang around outside the studio and harangue people until I find out what happened! ;)

You could be our saint lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no joy for Saturday :( I have started a thread asking if anyone has tickets for Saturday just in case!

HOWEVER - GREAT NEWS......I have been approached by an FM who has tickets for the filming of the Christmas Special on Monday night, & they will text me the result as soon as they get their phone back :D
  • Options
    L_SilverwolfL_Silverwolf Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    You could be our saint lol
    I remember The Long Night of the Pandas! :D

Happy to be the Plan B, as it's only just up the road, however, still hoping we'll have someone there, so that I have a nice quiet night in. ;)
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Happy to be the Plan B, as it's only just up the road, however, still hoping we'll have someone there, so that I have a nice quiet night in. ;)

You could nip out straight after the show and wouldn't be too late back as I suspect they should be done by about 9:30pm. :D

Think the spoiler time guess closing time might need to be brought forward a bit.
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member

Monaogg wrote: »
    You could nip out straight after the show and wouldn't be too late back as I suspect they should be done by about 9:30pm. :D

Think the spoiler time guess closing time might need to be brought forward a bit.

Silverwolf .... you could pop down to the Tesco car park in the car... and wait for the attendees to exit.... Im sure we could have a whip round for a couple of virtual Costa coffees... (!)
  • Options
    strictlyliciousstrictlylicious Posts: 2,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you Silverwolf - we may just have to get you to keep your word ;)

I imagine in that case you would have to ask a 'few' people just in case you get thrown a 'red herring' to keep the result secret.

I have this hilarious vision of you Silverwolf, like a market trader selling his fruit and veg, running around the throng of exiting audience members trying to find out the result and bring it home to your hungry young cubs on the spoiler thread lol :):)

It could be the greatest spoiler delivery ever!! :D:D:D