Options

Whats the point of the show?

Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Correct me if i'm wrong but isnt the show called 'The Voice'

Yesterday after Bob's audition, Tom said Bob's voice was flawless. In that case why did no-one turn around?

Comments

• Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In answer to your question, to waste the licence payers bloody money>:(
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well on ITV there is a show called "Splash" and every contestant makes one but not everyone goes through to the next round :)

Likewise it maybe called The Voice but you need that and something more to get through :)
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    Well on ITV there is a show called "Splash" and every contestant makes one but not everyone goes through to the next round :)

Likewise it maybe called The Voice but you need that and something more to get through :)

Splash was marginally more entertaining and believe me it was dire .
  • Options
    David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, I pay my licence fee and The Voice is pretty much the first thing I've watched on The Beeb in years
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spanner82 wrote: »
    Correct me if i'm wrong but isnt the show called 'The Voice'

Yesterday after Bob's audition, Tom said Bob's voice was flawless. In that case why did no-one turn around?

Boy did they make a big mistake with Bob. The show is about variety, and his voice had a gorgeous, velvety tone. Whenever someone sings an older song, they use the same excuse that they were holding out for Tom to turn around. Yet they should each have the experience to help him. They regretted it - now Mike Batt has offered him a recording deal. Bet he'll have a top selling album any time soon.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Boy did they make a big mistake with Bob. The show is about variety, and his voice had a gorgeous, velvety tone. Whenever someone sings an older song, they use the same excuse that they were holding out for Tom to turn around. Yet they should each have the experience to help him. They regretted it - now Mike Batt has offered him a recording deal. Bet he'll have a top selling album any time soon.

Right because getting a top selling album is that easy.

It's not about just the Voice - it's about PR + management. I can't imagine any of his songs being played on anything but Magic and Heart.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Voice is pretty entertaining in my view, and certainlly a class abover the X Factor for sure.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right because getting a top selling album is that easy.

It's not about just the Voice - it's about PR + management. I can't imagine any of his songs being played on anything but Magic and Heart.

I'm sure his album will make top 10

You also have Radio 2 the most listened radio station in the nation that will give him airplay with local stations aswell like Radio Clyde for Glasgow & West and Metro for Newcastle & North East

The album chart isn't controlled as the singles chart he can easily get a best selling album if promotion is good remember he's not signed to the winning universal label who don't care about the winner so there's a chance for him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does he get the Tomsk or Orinoco costumes?
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does he get the Tomsk or Orinoco costumes?

Which one did Katie Melua get?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Which one did Katie Melua get?

I'm not sure, M. Cholet I suspect, but I felt my testosterone drying up just reading her Wikipedia entry and so stopped.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spanner82 wrote: »
    Because that wasn't enough. It sounded like a close decision, but it seemed they weren't really moved by it. Also, three of them thought Bob was an obvious match for Tom rather than for themselves.
  • Options
    lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member

Because those of us who enjoy the show clearly don't also pay for television?! Perhaps I don't want Doctor Who or Strictly... Worst argument that comes up on this board time and time again.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Last week, Will turned around after hearing one note from a girl about 0.3 seconds after she started "singing"

It was absurd. No one can possibly judge a "voice" so quickly.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member

So is this your way of slagging off the Beeb?

Given the choice of The X Factor and The Voice, I would choose The Voice any day.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    I thought the show was made "for people exactly like" whichever contestant appears infront of their faces, regardless of the fact they say it to completely different people every tile