Options

Hollyoaks Finn

leleblahblahleleblahblah Posts: 299
Forum Member
Will he get sent down or what other possible outcome could we expect ????

He's a terrifying character. i don't like the way way they've made the sudden change towards the character

but whats Diane reaction going to be like?

just wondering other peoples opinion!!!

Comments

• Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Will he get sent down or what other possible outcome could we expect ????

He's a terrifying character. i don't like the way way they've made the sudden change towards the character

but whats Diane reaction going to be like?

just wondering other peoples opinion!!!
    He's too young for prison. He'll go to a young offenders' institute, I imagine. I can't see Hollyoaks letting him get away with this crime. It might be perceived as putting people off reporting a rape.

Like you, I hate the way they changed Finn's character to suit the story they wanted to tell, but Keith Rice is a terrific young actor. He's tackling a very difficult job for one so young, and he's playing a blinder.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    He will be punished, you can get away with murder in HO but not rape. I predict prison/young offenders or possibly a nervous breakdown and sectioning. I really hope they don't kill him as that's not a real punishment.
    Who knows what Diane will do, she defended Sinead after she caused Esther's suicide bid so who knows? Finn is still young, he can be rehabilitated so I would hope Diane will stand by him but not make excuses for him.
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want them to keep finn for a good while and show another side to a rape plot not just some evil twisted psycho no one really knows who exits not long after - it will be interesting how it all works out and having Finns family in it as well as seeing john Paul's struggle. I hate that people always whinge that characters need to be sent to prison ASAP when they do something wrong - the real world isn't like that
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh I hate Finn, he makes my skin crawl every time hes on, I hope he leaves at the end of the year when the story is done, hes truly a sick individual, Robbie too>:(
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be interesting if they kept with his storyline - like if he did go to Young Offenders, we could see how he is in there and then when he is released, him trying to re-build his life. It will probably not happen, but I did read an interview on DS a couple of months ago where I took it to be implied that it would be interesting to see the repercussions of Finn's actions...I take that to meaning that we will see what happens after he's arrested for it?
  • Options
    leleblahblahleleblahblah Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    Well said I think hes a good actor also!

Please dont turn him GAY .... as a GAY man myself i think hollyoaks have gone a little crazy .. changing certain charters ..

I hope they dont kill him...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    I want them to keep finn for a good while and show another side to a rape plot not just some evil twisted psycho no one really knows who exits not long after - it will be interesting how it all works out and having Finns family in it as well as seeing john Paul's struggle. I hate that people always whinge that characters need to be sent to prison ASAP when they do something wrong - the real world isn't like that

I'd like to see this too but unfortunately I think they will go down the 'evil twisted psycho' route because that is exactly how they've portrayed him since the rape.
    He hasn't even been onscreen much since the rape but when he has it's just been to smirk evilly, look smug or terrorise JP some more. One of the spoilers for the episode immediately after the rape said that Finn would be feeling guilty but so far we haven't seen a hint of remorse from him.

I'd like to know more of what's going on in his head but sadly he has been sidelined for now (along with JP) because gangster and wrecking ball plots are more interesting apparently.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see a way back from this at all. I know the rape is about power but it hasn't been explained why suddenly Finn is like how he is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it will be dragged out for a while I think. And then its a matter of how he is going to be caught.

But you know Diane will be saying that "precious Finn" wouldn't do that. She has already thought that they have slept together before.

But I really really hope that the little toerag will get what's coming to him after what he has done to JP.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I wish they'd show more of his storyline with JP. I know we saw Finn at the wedding and he made a snide comment to Ste and then we saw him intimidating JP in the classroom, but they pretty much dropped it there. They might show things like how Finn is acting in the classroom a bit more,etc. However, seems, as always, like they want to drag this storyline out.
  • Options
    beegee82beegee82 Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They do like their "week on, week off" type SLs in Hollyoaks, so I imagine they'll be focussing on other storylines for a few weeks, and the whole JP/Finn SL will be in the forefront again for a few weeks... I can see this being a slow burner and running for months up to the point where we've almost forgotten it eve happened, then BAM! Climax!
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    The thing is, I can't imagine fifteen-year-old Finn, who is afraid of being labelled gay anyway, would sodomise a gay man. I can imagine Robbie as being more likely to do it but I'm not sure that Finn would.

Does anyone remember the male rape storyline with Luke Morgan?
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does depend on whether Finn feels any guilt or remorse and who knows that may come when he is found out.

Yes I do remember Luke's storyline and I have to say so far I have preferred JP's storyline. They made Luke into a crying mess and James Sutton said he didn't want JP to be crying all the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    I wish they'd show more of his storyline with JP. I know we saw Finn at the wedding and he made a snide comment to Ste and then we saw him intimidating JP in the classroom, but they pretty much dropped it there. They might show things like how Finn is acting in the classroom a bit more,etc. However, seems, as always, like they want to drag this storyline out.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about.
    That comment about JP to Ste made no sense because Finn doesn't even know that Ste and JP had a brief flirtation going on does he? So why would he seek Ste out just to make a snide comment about JP?
    The only purpose it seemed to serve was to show Finn smirking evilly again at the end of the scene and that just about sums up the depth of the writing at the minute when it comes to Finn's character. If he had more screentime they might be able to expand on what's going on in Finn's head beyond just the 'evil smirk' thing.

I know Hollyoaks does this thing where it only focuses on certain storylines at a time but to have JP and Finn just disappear only 3 or 4 episodes after the rape happened is ridiculous, in my opinion.
  • Options
    LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He needs to be outed/caught asap. Vile change to his charachter and he needs to face the music for his actions soon as! Dont want this one dragging on!
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    The reality is that only a tiny fraction of accused rapists are found guilty. It would be entirely realistic for him to never come to justice.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reality is that only a tiny fraction of accused rapists are found guilty. It would be entirely realistic for him to never come to justice.

Not in a UK soap, though. Some may get away with murder, but never rape.

The nasty git needs to be caught, found guilty in a trial and sent off to detention centre, and soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Finn isn't caught, he has the potential to do it again
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Finn isn't caught, he has the potential to do it again

Yes the way he dealt with Ruby for the drugs says to me he could do it again.
  • Options
    gwendagwenda Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In those interviews I think Keith said Finn could be redeemed. I am hoping that means he pleads guilty to the rape when he realises the evidence is against him or when he sees the damage he has caused.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said I think hes a good actor also!

Please dont turn him GAY .... as a GAY man myself i think hollyoaks have gone a little crazy .. changing certain charters ..

I hope they dont kill him...

They definitely won't turn him gay. Statistically, most male rapes are gay hate crimes with the rapist being a straight male. I know homophobia like this often jumps people to the conclusion that one who shows so much hatred towards another for being gay highlights their own sexual insecurities, but sometimes people just are that vindictive and evil.
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Not in a UK soap, though. Some may get away with murder, but never rape.

The nasty git needs to be caught, found guilty in a trial and sent off to detention centre, and soon.

Gilly did...although, to be fair we didn't know if he was guilty or not and Hollyoaks left it up to a real life jury for some reason.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    jamesalex wrote: »
    He will be punished, you can get away with murder in HO but not rape. I predict prison/young offenders or possibly a nervous breakdown and sectioning. I really hope they don't kill him as that's not a real punishment.
    Who knows what Diane will do, she defended Sinead after she caused Esther's suicide bid so who knows? Finn is still young, he can be rehabilitated so I would hope Diane will stand by him but not make excuses for him.

Just want to emphasised that bullying a girl at school is completely different to anal rape. As a parent you could justify standing by your child for the former but the latter is much harder. You cannot compare the two situations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesalex wrote: »

I'm sure Diane tried to put it all on ruby. Because of her teachers job. That's not really defending sinead. She will make excuses, as she has already jumped to the conclusion that Finn and Jp have slept together before.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Diane tried to put it all on ruby. Because of her teachers job. That's not really defending sinead. She will make excuses, as she has already jumped to the conclusion that Finn and Jp have slept together before.

I could see her trying to blame Robbie somehow, like saying he provoked Finn, etc.

Or she might simply refuse to believe Finn raped JP and think it was consensual or that JP seduced her "poor, innocent" boy somehow.