Casey - made it to the end with 0 nominations!

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
Forum Member
Of course she missed one round because she was in the bolt hole, so was only able to be voted for three times. But that's quite impressive. :o

Comments

• john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a house mostly full of horrors she stands out as being a nice, normal, down to earth and fun HM (when she's not crying :D).

I think she would have done really well in a civillian BB.
  • jason_strenthamjason_strentham Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she was also immune when Jasmine saved her & Linda so it's quite as impressive
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a house mostly full of horrors she stands out as being a nice, normal, down to earth and fun HM (when she's not crying :D).

I think she would have done really well in a civilian BB.

I think she would have done OK in this one if it hadn't been for the "love triangle" :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    She comes across as a sweet person, what's sad is that she completely backed the wrong horse with Lee. I think she was probably hoping for media exposure (and income) with Lee after BB but seems like he'll probably be doing all that with Jasmine. Casey might find herself out in the cold with maybe not much intersted in her hard-luck story. I know it's mean to say this but I hope Jasmine uses Lee then dumps him so he gets a taste of his own medicine! Good luck to Casey, think she's going to need it.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    I think she would have done OK in this one if it hadn't been for the "love triangle" :(

I think she was put in there as typical first week eviction fodder. She could never compete with most of the HMs as they have pre-existing fans bases, I think she's done well to make the final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I think she was put in there as typical first week eviction fodder. She could never compete with most of the HMs as they have pre-existing fans bases, I think she's done well to make the final.

I don't think so. Big brother thought about which pairs to cuff together to instigate drama & they well & truely succeeded. Casey had some celeb flings & said she hoped for 'fitties' inside the house...& Lee is Lee. Dappy is the polar opposite of Liz, Linda vs Jim... Even Luisa was saved by a hairs breath. Casey would have gone under the radar if there weren't any 'fitties'.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    She is such a wet blanket no one even bothered to nominate her :D

I think being immune more than once along with much bigger players allowed her this kind of space. In a civilian BB she would have been annihilated a long, long time ago :cool:
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

I think being immune more than once along with much bigger players allowed her this kind of space. In a civilian BB she would have been annihilated a long, long time ago :cool:

I'm with you tiger ;-)

I always think number of nominations/ or lack of is not a good indicator when it comes to who I think has done well in the house. If anything it's often those with the most noms that I think have been the most entertaining, and those with the least usually rather insipid and bland.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't have been many times in the history of the show, civilian or celebrity, where a finalist has received zero nominations? Only ones I can think of right now are Sam & Amanda in BB8.
  • Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Loulight wrote: »
    She comes across as a sweet person, what's sad is that she completely backed the wrong horse with Lee. I think she was probably hoping for media exposure (and income) with Lee after BB but seems like he'll probably be doing all that with Jasmine. Casey might find herself out in the cold with maybe not much intersted in her hard-luck story. I know it's mean to say this but I hope Jasmine uses Lee then dumps him so he gets a taste of his own medicine! Good luck to Casey, think she's going to need it.

I do think she really, really cares for Lee. I don't think income came into it at all. However now Lee's out she's left with knowing he'll be with Jasmine so we may see sad Casey :(. I hope she can cope x
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a great shame she was shackled to that creep Lee in the beginning and having him all over her in bed .

In fact that shackling of all the HMs was a disastrous, stupid idea and distorted and hampered normal interactions .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she stands out as being a nice, normal, down to earth and fun HM (when she's not crying :D).

:)She seems genuinely sweet, and good fun... dang shame she was hand-cuffed to Lee at the beginning.
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    I hope that Lee hasn't totally ruined her BB experience! I believe she did genuinely like Lee, and when someone appears to reciprocate those feelings what was she supposed to do? I don't blame her for being hurt and upset, I do think after Jasmine left she should of kept her distance from him ... Saying that Lee could of stayed away from Casey as well hence why I was so annoyed last night at Jasmine's anger directed more at Casey.

Jasmine really peed me off when she said to Casey "you went after him to hurt me" or something to that effect, that's rich coming from her, before she got with Lee she knew how much Casey liked Lee! Jasmine is a huge hypocrite and had no right to go off on Casey like she did!

Disregarding the whole Lee shenanigans, I still like Casey, she is a genuinely kind hearted and sweet girl. She is down to earth and imo has conducted herself with dignity and class. I think she deserves to be the last female hm standing... She's not sat on the fense and she's not gone out of her way to try to appear "outrageous".
    She has just been herself without being overbearing like some of the other hm's.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think she really, really cares for Lee. I don't think income came into it at all. However now Lee's out she's left with knowing he'll be with Jasmine so we may see sad Casey :(. I hope she can cope x
    I would think that, what with Jasmine's confrontation the other day, Casey has had a big dose of reality and given herself a talking to (as well as others doing so :D). We saw how mortified she was about how her parents may feel with regards to her behaviour in the house, so I would think that Lee being out now will give her time to sort her head out in preparation for her exit from the house.

From all the series over the years it's obvious that people get caught up in the bubble of the BB house quite quickly, almost forgetting about the outside world, and the task will have brought her back down to earth with a bump!
  • gkabcgkabc Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, Casey made it with zero nominations and will be the first thrown out of the Final. Is this notable?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Can't have been many times in the history of the show, civilian or celebrity, where a finalist has received zero nominations? Only ones I can think of right now are Sam & Amanda in BB8.

Jermaine Jackson, too.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    She did have two weeks of immunity. Once on returning from the bolt hole and then from Jasmine.
  • JFDonaghyJFDonaghy Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

that Daley lad was skooshing his way through the series without a nomination until he put Hazel in a sleeper hold.

edit--ah, just saw "finalist" mentioned.
  • trebanostrebanos Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As Casey never stood a chance of winning, who cares?
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

correct!
  • michaelkegnanmichaelkegnan Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casey is a victim; people love a good victim.
  • michaelkegnanmichaelkegnan Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Its a great shame she was shackled to that creep Lee in the beginning and having him all over her in bed .

In fact that shackling of all the HMs was a disastrous, stupid idea and distorted and hampered normal interactions .

You mean her all over him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think she would have done really well in a civillian BB.
    Yes, I agree. :)

:confused: Why? I would have said she was the most consitantly cheerful housemate in there.
    Chicken Stu in BB5 I think.
    soapmania wrote: »
    Jasmine really peed me off when she said to Casey "you went after him to hurt me" or something to that effect, that's rich coming from her, before she got with Lee she knew how much Casey liked Lee! Jasmine is a huge hypocrite and had no right to go off on Casey like she did!

I thought it was a horrible thing to do to Casey: Casey was forced to listen in total silence, and not utter a word to defend herself, while Jasmine came in and was an utter bitch to her. I don't know if it reflected worse on Jasmine or on BB.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »

This. ^^

Casey and Lee

Linda and Jim

Set the tone of both of their time in the house.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Casey has come across as a caring, warm hearted and easy going sort of person. She's far nicer than most of the others. I would like her to win but know she has little chance.