Comments

• plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bumped to give people the heads up. "new" series starts tonight
  • Sierra-OscarSierra-Oscar Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait. Bloody love Bradley and Ronnie.

Can't stand the Kate Barker character though. (Georgia is on Alan Titchmarsh this afternoon)
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hard to believe this is season 8
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I see Ronnie has a new sidekick tonight. Did they say what happened to the last one?
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed tonight's episode, I quite liked Ronnie's new sidekick, I think he will be a good edition to the show.
  • Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have enjoyed it more if characters in the court didn't keep going out of focus!
    A ridiculous gimmick which looked very unprofessional
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just love this show, Bradley as Ronnie makes it very watchable. He is a brilliant actor.
    I quite like his new partner, seems to fit in very well.
    Typical Ronnie, not shouting at him for touching his arm to silence him in the interview but making it very clear afterwards.
    Brilliant show. Wish it was on more often.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVED it! :)
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Hmmmm.......A bit disappointed after having watched all the repeats on ITV3, to be honest.
    A someone suggested the photography was awful in parts and I am fed up with this gimmickry that they are introducing into a lot of TV productions of soft focus, monochrome-ish shots and shots against the light. I find all this almost as annoying as constant background music.
    I like the Ronnie character, naturally, but am not sure about the other new additions yet - sometimes wondered whether I am watching a US version!
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,764
    Forum Member
    I loved that scene towards the end when the killer thought he'd got away with it again and Ronnie came along and rapped on the window of his tattoo parlour,:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bradley Walsh is outstanding in this, one of the most believable characters in any show.
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bradley Walsh is outstanding in this, one of the most believable characters in any show.

It's good to have a really nice guy in the lead roll isn't it?
  • jaybsjaybs Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great series by the way it started with this episode, but one weakest leak! sadly Georgia Taylor, she does not have it! and still comes over as the weak Doctor in Casualty! she should have gone this series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaybs wrote: »
    Another great series by the way it started with this episode, but one weakest leak! sadly Georgia Taylor, she does not have it! and still comes over as the weak Doctor in Casualty! she should have gone this series.

it is that smirk she has all time, she just can't act sad or serious, if she tried she really is a terrible actress. Neil Dudgeon has the same look and acting skills in Midsomer Murders.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    jaybs wrote: »
    I don't think any of the sidekicks have been good. Both young women who just don't come across as serious competent lawyers.

I realise lawyers can come in all shapes and sizes but for me the two they've had so far just don't pull it off.
    They seem more like interns.
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I don't think any of the sidekicks have been good. Both young women who just don't come across as serious competent lawyers.

I realise lawyers can come in all shapes and sizes but for me the two they've had so far just don't pull it off.
    They seem more like interns.

I would agree with this I love the show in general but for me Georgia Taylor just isn't convincing as a lawyer.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    I would agree with this I love the show in general but for me Georgia Taylor just isn't convincing as a lawyer.

Freeman Agyeman every time. Georgia Taylor is a wet lettuce in comparison.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually really like Georgia Taylor in the role and think she fits in well. Must admit I did find this first episode very dull though. Next week's one looks better.

Bradley Walsh is great :)
  • steviexsteviex Posts: 131,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    HHGTTG wrote: »

Totally agree!

Bring back Freeman Agyeman, Georgia Taylor will always be Toyah Battersby dressed up as a lawyer. :D
  • Lisa_NaylorLisa_Naylor Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm okay with the characters right now. I do miss some of the older ones, but the show is still enjoyable.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    steviex wrote: »
    Totally agree!

Bring back Freeman Agyeman, Georgia Taylor will always be Toyah Battersby dressed up as a lawyer. :D

Where is Freema these days?

Can't say I pay much, if any attention to Georgia Taylor.
    Freema has a certain 'something' (not just visually) for me, so I do pay attention to what she's doing.
  • osrickosrick Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Trouble is, I can't watch Bradley anymore without thinking 'Fanny Schmeler'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »

i do sometimes wonder what the casting dirctor was thinking, when she was given the part, she is so not right for this role, even her voice has no conviction. and it is a shame as the other actors are brilliant,
  • Phebes4361Phebes4361 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    what happened to his last partner? just got used to him-
  • theboyroddtheboyrodd Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Show has gone down hill since first couple of series, To fast based not enough dialogue.

There has also been to many character changes only one original actor from the first series.

Ben Bailey smith doesn't suit this new role to young for a start to be in M.I.T.