Adam Ant on the Alan Titchmarch show

David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did anyone notice Adam Ant checking his watch while Alan was admiring a stick of rhubarb on today's show?
He was obviously keen to be somewhere else! :D

Comments

• JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David1964 wrote: »
    He was obviously keen to be somewhere else! :D

Who wouldn't be? From what I've unfortunately have seen of this show, it's degrading to its own guests and viewers.

I'm surprised even Alan Titchmarsh puts his name to this trash.
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Checking if it's time for his medication?:p
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind him, what the bloody hell has happened to Belinda Carlisle! :eek: :(
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the "Perennial Plant Potter" at any time.

Not seen Adam Ant in years. The last time was in 1985 when he was appearing with Sylvia Syms in "Entertaining Mr Sloan" at the Royal Exchange Theatre.

From what I've heard, he hasn't worn well.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the "Perennial Plant Potter" at any time.

Not seen Adam Ant in years. The last time was in 1985 when he was appearing with Sylvia Syms in "Entertaining Mr Sloan" at the Royal Exchange Theatre.

From what I've heard, he hasn't worn well.

Sadly, he's had a lot of mental health problems.:(
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, he's had a lot of mental health problems.:(

Encountering a sad Mr Punch lookalike gardener who is under the delusion that he is a star surely won't be helping him.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    Never mind him, what the bloody hell has happened to Belinda Carlisle! :eek: :(

And Adam Ant :o I didn't realise that was him :o He was so good looking in his day.

I thought it was some random bloke dressed up as Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) for Sports Relief :blush:
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol Adam checking his watch was rather hilarious.

Then at the end of the show we see them all sat at the table and Belinda on the end slunched in her chair. At one point her hand is on her face - probably about to fall asleep! Classic TV

Maybe they should rethink the idea of having the guests all sit at the table through the whole show (bored out of their brains)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Encountering a sad Mr Punch lookalike gardener who is under the delusion that he is a star surely won't be helping him.

LOL! :D:D
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Titchmarsh a bit creepy. Not sure why.
  • ukpukp Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    lol Adam checking his watch was rather hilarious.

Then at the end of the show we see them all sat at the table and Belinda on the end slunched in her chair. At one point her hand is on her face - probably about to fall asleep! Classic TV

Maybe they should rethink the idea of having the guests all sit at the table through the whole show (bored out of their brains)

Don't think they will bother as AT is retiring from his chat show after the next series which starts in September.
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukp wrote: »
    Don't think they will bother as AT is retiring from his chat show after the next series which starts in September.

Well there's a relief. Can't understnad why he keeps popping up all over the place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can't he just quit now?
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Checking if it's time for his medication?:p

You could be right, but he's looking all right for 60 this year.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,148
    Forum Member
    Can't he just quit now?

If only! How that creep ever got his own chat show is beyond me.

I don't know why they ever scrapped Michael Aspel's chat show, now there is a guy who really knew how to get the best out of his guests.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If only! How that creep ever got his own chat show is beyond me.

I don't know why they ever scrapped Michael Aspel's chat show, now there is a guy who really knew how to get the best out of his guests.

Titchmarsh started off as a 'gardening expert' who used to appear as a guest on cheap and tacky daytime TV shows in about 1979.

For some bizarre and UNKNOWN reason, he was given his first job as one of the presenters fronting Pebble Mill At One, which was on BBC1 over 30 years ago.

This prompted one guest, famous American based actor David Tomlinson, to say to Titchmarsh's face, 'I came over here to be interviewed by a superannuated gardener.' :o

The rest is history.

So from a mere gardener, Titchmarsh has gone on to meet and interview Royality and appears to be now an expert on classical music, often hosting regular radio programmes.

Not only that but he has turned novelist and journalist with a succession of 'best selling novels' and regular newspaper and magazine columns.:confused::o

His rise to popularity and success is one of the biggest mysteries of the last and current century.:o:confused:confused:
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    Titchmarsh started off as a 'gardening expert' who used to appear as a guest on cheap and tacky daytime TV shows in about 1979.

For some bizarre and UNKNOWN reason, he was given his first job as one of the presenters fronting Pebble Mill At One, which was on BBC1 over 30 years ago.

This prompted one guest, famous American based David Tomlinson, to say to Titchmarsh's face, 'I came over here to be interviewed by a superannuated gardener.' :o

The rest is history.

So from a mere gardener, Titchmarsh has gone on to meet and interview Royality and appears to be now an expert on classical music, often hosting regular radio programmes.

Not only that but he has turned novelist and journalist with a succession of 'best selling novels' and regular newspaper and magazine columns.:confused::o

His rise to popularity and success is one of the biggest mysteries of the last and current century.:o:confused:confused:

I can remember when he was a lowly part time writer for a gardening magazine before he managed to get himself into telly, wish he had stayed there. His smutty innuendos do not sit right at that time of the afternoon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I can remember when he was a lowly part time writer for a gardening magazine before he managed to get himself into telly, wish he had stayed there. His smutty innuendos do not sit right at that time of the afternoon.

That must have been about 1978, then. The thing is, how did he even get that job???????????:confused::confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just WATCHING that smarmy, creepy twit Titchmarsh makes me want to be somewhere else. I really don't know why but he and his show makes my skin crawl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just WATCHING that smarmy, creepy twit Titchmarsh makes me want to be somewhere else. I really don't know why but he and his show makes my skin crawl.

I think it could be his wandering eye. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AT is retiring from his chat show after the next series which starts in September.

There IS a God! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam checking his watch lol

http://youtu.be/0uLvW7YQY1g
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I caught a bit of this show yesterday and there was a bizarre section which involved Alan Davies helping with some wallpapering!
    I'd imagine it must be a bit of low point to appear on it - very odd and totally charmless programme from what I saw of it!
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why do you all watch it?
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    That must have been about 1978, then. The thing is, how did he even get that job???????????:confused::confused:

It was probably a while before that, my father was a landscape gardener before he retired and his path and ATs path crossed a couple of times.my dad won gold at the Chelsea flower show, but of course he didn't get any of the glory, the people he was contracted with appeared on Pebble Mill with AT, while my dad watched it at home:( all that hard work and the people paying for it take all of the glory.

I have no idea how he got into TV, right place, right time I suppose.