X Files on H2

Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I searched but couldn't find a mention in any thread. How come they seemed to be showing X Files, then just stopped? I set it to series record when I saw it, I have 8 episodes recorded all from one Saturday, and nothing since? It's been 4 weeks? I've looked at the next 4 weeks on H2 too and there's no X Files to be seen. Did they just have a random one off day where they showed a chunk? Isn't that a little odd?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did the whole of season one, spread over 3 or 4 weeks. No idea when/if they'll do Season 2 unfortunately, sorry.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lifetime dropped it too after s2

im rewatching dvds now, on season 4, great memories.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully a UK broadcaster will pick up the HD widescreen versions currently on air in America and Germany.
  • Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that H2 is basically the alien conspiracy channel, but it is supposed to be a documentary channel so it was strange seeingThe X-Files on it. Great seeing those early episodes though.
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    For god's sake! They don't think much of documentary fans and their viewers in general do they!

The X Files might be a great sci-fi/conspiracy/whatever it is series, but what the hell is it doing on a documentary channel. They have hundreds of hours of history documentaries they never show anymore and it's on the higher package as well, this is why I dropped that entertainment extra package.

You can get really mind expanding, fascinating programming like this for FREE on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ5dj-Ozwm0

This should be on factual and documentary channels, not just episodes of "X Files" & "MASH". They belong in the ENTERTAINMENT section.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rewatch x-files has shown me that i have forgotten so much!

its like watching it for first time in many ways!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know that H2 is basically the alien conspiracy channel, but it is supposed to be a documentary channel so it was strange seeingThe X-Files on it. Great seeing those early episodes though.

Wasn't H2 originally meant to be the channel that showed all the programmes that used to be on the History Channel before that channel turned into a reality TV channel full of stuff like Axe Men and the like??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    one of the greatest if not the greatest tv show of all time.

I hope it is released on Blu Ray as the HD Screen grabs look amaxing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    The HD version will hit Blu-Ray eventually, but it's unclear if they are going to re-release the whole series at once in one big box set, or release each season seperately, as has worked very well for ST:TNG.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one of the greatest if not the greatest tv show of all time.

I hope it is released on Blu Ray as the HD Screen grabs look amaxing

Couldn't agree more.
  • Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So now they showed S1, S2, got me all excited, then have gone back to showing S1 again! Why only show two seasons? Well frustrating.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Werthead wrote: »
    The HD version will hit Blu-Ray eventually, but it's unclear if they are going to re-release the whole series at once in one big box set, or release each season seperately, as has worked very well for ST:TNG.
    I've got all seasons on DVD but I'm so buying it when it comes out on blu ray, love the X-Files.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benry_Gale wrote: »
    So now they showed S1, S2, got me all excited, then have gone back to showing S1 again! Why only show two seasons? Well frustrating.

Maybe they only purchased two seasons?