Comments

• Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »

Anyone surprised? Bloke seemed to want to self destruct very quickly.
  • Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    You reap what you sow ;-)
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He only has himself to blame.. His behaviour has been appalling ...
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    He has got the chance of a lifetime, but stupidly doesn't seem to appreciate it at all.
  • Options
    factor50factor50 Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was only a matter of time he is the new Steve Brookstien....... dont mess with Syco, you wont win. If they can make you they can squash you like a fly.

Dont wanna state the obvious but if you dont want controlling by record labels, press officers, media etc etc dont go on X Factor. Do it the hard way!
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't blame them. It's only the most incident in a fairly long list, but:

"The new song, Follow The Leader, features lyrics in which James raps 'I'm gonna blow up your family like I'm a terrorist'"

....What on Earth is wrong with him?!
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saved Cowell some pseudo reason of his own why he dropped him.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A complete idiot who only has himself to blame.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth did he write lyrics like that? Talk about stupid. I'm guessing he wanted to be very edgy. Looks like this backfired very badly.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"The new song, Follow The Leader, features lyrics in which James raps 'I'm gonna blow up your family like I'm a terrorist'"

Well, with lyrical genius like that, the world is his oyster, surely?

What next?: 'I'm going to kill you: Like a murderer'.

A veritable wordsmith and a genius.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't be surprised if Cowell's team leaked this to the press so that Cowell wouldn't be criticised for dropping him. It doesn't matter though, because did he honestly think that Cowell's team would allow such controversial lyrics in his song? These are the sort of lyrics that only the most outrageous bands use. Sigh... What an absolute and utter fool.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if Cowell's team leaked this to the press so that Cowell wouldn't be criticised for dropping him. It doesn't matter though, because did he honestly think that Cowell's team would allow such controversial lyrics in his song? These are the sort of lyrics that only the most outrageous bands use. Sigh... What an absolute and utter fool.

SC leaked this as fast as he could, no doubt about that.

James might have had a small chance with another label had this been his first controversy, but it's not. He has no filter, is seen as homophobe, gets into stupid twitter and other arguments with his peers. And he doesn't have the talent or background to back this all up.
  • Options
    Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    He has a very good voice but a bad attitude. He thinks he is bigger than he is. You can't be alternative and go on mainstream pap like the X Factor. Back to the bedsit in Saltburn?
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed. It's a downright shame that we may miss out on more gems like this from the leading songwriter of his generation.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    Saved Cowell some pseudo reason of his own why he dropped him.

Indeed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SC leaked this as fast as he could, no doubt about that.

James might have had a small chance with another label had this been his first controversy, but it's not. He has no filter, is seen as homophobe, gets into stupid twitter and other arguments with his peers. And he doesn't have the talent or background to back this all up.

Looks like he's destroyed what could have been a nice career for himself.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's confirmed by Cowell then I have little sympathy for Arthur.

He seemed incapable of the handling the fact that everyone didn't fall at his feet and fawn over him as the next big thing so lashed out left, right and centre.

I suspect he'll be signed by some random indie label though as they'll probably want to score some cheap PR points.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Not surprised at all they clearly tolerated him minimally for contractual and commercial reasons.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    factor50 wrote: »
    It was only a matter of time he is the new Steve Brookstien....... dont mess with Syco, you wont win. If they can make you they can squash you like a fly.

Dont wanna state the obvious but if you dont want controlling by record labels, press officers, media etc etc dont go on X Factor. Do it the hard way!

And the same fate as Shayne Ward too who keeps on hinting on twitter that hes on the verge of a career comeback but never happens...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's confirmed by Cowell then I have little sympathy for Arthur.

He seemed incapable of the handling the fact that everyone didn't fall at his feet and fawn over him as the next big thing so lashed out left, right and centre.

I suspect he'll be signed by some random indie label though as they'll probably want to score some cheap PR points.

It'll likely be a label that has some quite controversial artists. Honestly though, what an idiot.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get James Arthur now, when he apologized on the X Factor stage, you would think he would keep his head down after that and just focus on staying out of trouble for a year at least and people do quickly forget in general.

But to do it yet again and now he has been dropped. Staggering really, he has had the best opportunity he will ever get in his life. Now in a few years time he could be back to the bed sit again.

I don't understand, surely you would try everything to make sure you never go back to that sort of life if you get to the level has got to by winning the X Factor and trying everything you can to make as much money as possible.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm gonna mug you like a mugger
    I'm gonna chug you like a chugger

I'm wasted here me :)
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Brookstein @stevebrookstein · 2h ago
    So what is "terrorism"? Is it the drones, "shock and awe" bombing of Iraq? Maybe it's the torture of men at Gitmo? James Arthur needs to say
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Steve Brookstein @stevebrookstein · 2h ago
    So what is "terrorism"? Is it the drones, "shock and awe" bombing of Iraq? Maybe it's the torture of men at Gitmo? James Arthur needs to say

I knew he'd wade in.:D

I think James Arthur has issues that meant wrecking his own career was inevitable, unfortunately.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna have some pork chops, like it's my dinner.

I'm gonna blow up my career, like I'm an idiot.