Options

How much a week do you spend on Bingo Lotto etc?

daza1978daza1978 Posts: 493
Forum Member
How much does everyone here spend on betting, bingo, lotto etc a week? Do you win much back in the way of prizes? How about scratch cards? Do you buy them? Do you play on fruit machines?

Comments

• Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a thirty quid a week limit for on line bingo. Won 3k on 6x10p tickets once.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None. Only ever played the lotto a handful of times in my life. Don't play fruit machines and never bought a scratchcard or been in a betting shop.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing regular these days.

At various times I've been into betting on football, horses and playing online poker but not for a good while. I never gambled much money and saw it as entertainment more than anything. Studying the horse racing form or a football team's league tables/recent results/injury news etc. for hours was fun to me, betting a quid or two at the end of it.

I'd get a big buzz out of being right when I won, giving myself a big pat on the back and I really liked that feeling. Wouldn't say I liked it more than winning the actual money as I wouldn't get that feeling out of just picking a winner without placing a bet, but it never had to be much money. If I won a couple of quid and be as happy as Larry.

Only thing I do these days is the Euromillions every so often. I'm one of those weirdos who does it when there's a huge jackpot and not the rest of the time.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing. I'll bet once or twice a year and cover my money when I do so it costs nothing. I've never been to a bingo hall and I don't like fruit machines.
  • Options
    highland paddyhighland paddy Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About a tenner on football coupons.

Starting to do a couple of pounds a week on the lottery.

Just won nearly a hundred pounds betting on my favourite tennis player today at 33/1 outright!
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    £10. Too much.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zilch!:D
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zilch number 2 :D
  • Options
    kevraffkevraff Posts: 3,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A hat trick of zilch.
  • Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zilch number 4 :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Less than a fiver on the Lottery and £2 on Postcode Lottery. Most I've ever won has been £70 on Lottery and £20k on Postcode.

Never bet on horses, boat races, dogs, boxing - never even been inside a betting shop!. never played bingo and (never want to!) and sure would never bet online.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    zero.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uffa wrote: »
    Zilch number 4 :D:D:D:D
    Bingo! :p:D
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing we did the lottery when it first started for about a year and won our stake back at the end of the year. Not long after we realised we were kidding ourselves we were not gambling and stopped.