Options

Easter schedules 2014

Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
Forum Member
Easter schedules are out, I didn't realise we were so close. Only confirmed schedule details seem to be Good Friday which is now in the Radio Times, "TBA" remains the biggest attraction for the holiday weekend still according to "Digiguide".

It's looking a smidgeon better for BBC ONE who show a Jesus Christ performance at 12noon (appropriately enough) and an afternoon film 101 Dalmatians, after that it's the usual Escape To The Country and Flog It! etc though.

The winner though has to be ITV which a few years ago mainly used to just bung on "You've Been Framed" where the news should have been for any form of a Bank Holiday (and on one BH in 2011 Osama Bin Laden usurped even that as he inconvenienced ITV's meagre BH entertainment plans by dying and bringing the news back!), for years it was simply ITV's daytime schedule. But this Good Friday they are providing The Crocodile Hunter Diaries with the late Steve Irwin, an episode of "Mystery Map" (also on Easter Monday) which was a new paranormal investigations type show like "Strange But True" and a Harry Potter film in the daytime which isn't bad. The evening though is standard Friday.
Will ITV show "A View To A Kill" on Easter Sunday, Roger Moore's last Bond film, good adventure but quite violent for the day so will be interesting to see if a more family film is on instead.

BBC TWO have a vaguely holidayish film on with "King of Kings", strangely not showing Planet Earth and going for Escape To The Continent instead, C4 & C5 do nothing. BBC THREE are showing "Toy Story".

Comments

• Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Friday evening just looks like any old night with nothing special on, but for some reason Channel 5 are showing part 2 of the season 10 NCIS two-parter that will start on the Wednesday. Guess that's my Good Friday viewing sorted.
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    I much prefer that they leave the schedules as they would normally be.

Ok perhaps some religious pap on the Sunday for the brain-dead but other than that, just leave it alone.

Same with the radio, no doubt more pre-recorded, hopeless tv slebs on the Monday.

I think this is why I prefer to watch the non-mainstream channels. I'll probably settle down to wall-wall Air Crash Investigation on Nat Geo. I much prefer factual programs.;-)
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assume that Movies4men and CBS Reailty will have a good lineup, All these channels on Freeview means you don't have to watch the main ones.
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Easter Saturday

BBC1

5.15pm FILM :Shrek Forever After

ITV
    12:10pm Film:Never Say Never Again
    2:40pm Film:Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Easter Sunday

ITV
    -
    3.55pm FILM: A View to A Kill

Channel 4 -
    4.35pm FILM: Hop : Easter-themed part-animated, part live-action children's comedy

Channel 5
    12:25pm Film :Barabbas
    3:05pm FIlm; The Sound of Music
    7:00pm Film:The Forbidden Kingdom
    8:45pm Film:Act of Valour
    10:35pm Film:Punisher: War Zone

Easter Monday

BBC1
    1.25pm FILM: 102 Dalmations

ITV
    2.45pm Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Channel 5
    1.15pm FILM :Ben Hur
    11.00pm FILM :Rocky Balboa
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    I assume that Movies4men and CBS Reailty will have a good lineup, All these channels on Freeview means you don't have to watch the main ones.

Judge Judy, Hoarders, 48 Hrs, Cops, Medical Detectives - they have really pulled out all the stops, there's westerns and war films on Movies4Men.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe its just me but the past few years it seemed to me that the main tv channels had given up on Easter and were treating it like any other day of the week, one wonders how long before that happens at Christmas , perhaps when those campaigning for a change in shopping laws for a 24/7/365 allowance get their way.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »
    Easter Saturday

BBC1

5.15pm FILM :Shrek Forever After

ITV
    12:10pm Film:Never Say Never Again
    2:40pm Film:Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Easter Sunday

ITV
    -
    3.55pm FILM: A View to A Kill

Channel 4 -
    4.35pm FILM: Hop : Easter-themed part-animated, part live-action children's comedy

Channel 5
    12:25pm Film :Barabbas
    3:05pm FIlm; The Sound of Music
    7:00pm Film:The Forbidden Kingdom
    8:45pm Film:Act of Valour
    10:35pm Film:Punisher: War Zone

Easter Monday

BBC1
    1.25pm FILM: 102 Dalmations

ITV
    2.45pm Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Channel 5
    1.15pm FILM :Ben Hur
    11.00pm FILM :Rocky Balboa

Although I do like watching James Bond. I think ITV have shown some of them to offen.

Darren
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horror TV start a Classic Dr Who run on Good Friday, so that's me sorted.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Maybe its just me but the past few years it seemed to me that the main tv channels had given up on Easter and were treating it like any other day of the week, one wonders how long before that happens at Christmas , perhaps when those campaigning for a change in shopping laws for a 24/7/365 allowance get their way.

Surprised that hasn't happened yet, Going back to Pointless and The Chase straight after Boxing Day.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member

Christmas is a proper holiday. There are special events and people buy presents. Easter is a load of crap. £5 chocolate! Yayyyyyy...........
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As a general Christmas is more observed. Once you've left education you probably don't even notice Easter, especially if you don't have kids, whereas Christmas is everywhere!
    ney wrote: »
    Although I do like watching James Bond. I think ITV have shown some of them to offen.

Darren

They've only just got the Bonds back!
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    fugitive wrote: »
    Easter Sunday
    Channel 5

4:05pm FIlm; The Sound of Music
    This is not the classic movie, but the UK premiere of The Sound of Music Live! starring Carrie Underwood which premiered on NBC in December to 18.6 million viewers.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaunIOW wrote: »

You beat me to it.....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at Good Friday as the TV mag only gose up to Good Friday. There are some changes to the main channels TV listings but not much. Glad I get Gold via BT Youview. I may watch that if im in or something via the BT on demand playrer. I have tane the Easter weekend off work. Work used to give us the Easter weekend off but have now added the two days to our annual leave. So you have to now put in for the days off if you want them.

Darren
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CRTHD wrote: »
    I much prefer that they leave the schedules as they would normally be.

Ok perhaps some religious pap on the Sunday for the brain-dead but other than that, just leave it alone.

Same with the radio, no doubt more pre-recorded, hopeless tv slebs on the Monday.

I think this is why I prefer to watch the non-mainstream channels. I'll probably settle down to wall-wall Air Crash Investigation on Nat Geo. I much prefer factual programs.;-)

err if you don't mind. Easter is for Christians an important occasion marking the Sacrifice of the Saviour, which enables us to get eternal life.

I hope that if your working at a place which is operating on Good Friday that you will be going into work. Would hate for this Christian festival to upset you.

Now be an adult, and don't call Christians 'Brain Dead'. Just because you do not see the need for faith in your life does not mean those choose faith are thick. In fact the faith I follow, has just opened a new church in Manchester for those who are attending university.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In many ways it is more important holiday for Christians.
    But hey maybe it is the Devil at play here, make those of no faith see no importance in Easter, And suddenly shops open on Good Friday, and now pressure for opening on Easter Sunday.
    Just my theory anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    err if you don't mind. Easter is for Christians an important occasion marking the Sacrifice of the Saviour, which enables us to get eternal life.

I hope that if your working at a place which is operating on Good Friday that you will be going into work. Would hate for this Christian festival to upset you.

Now be an adult, and don't call Christians 'Brain Dead'. Just because you do not see the need for faith in your life does not mean those choose faith are thick. In fact the faith I follow, has just opened a new church in Manchester for those who are attending university.

Im not that much religious but have always liked having the Easter weekend off. This why I have thane it off. For as I posted work have now added the Easter two days to our annual holiday leave.
    Town Centre here will open Sunday hours on Good Friday and normal hours on Easter Monday.

Darren
  • Options
    SideshowMarkSideshowMark Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    That's a big assumption, good luck with it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burbe wrote: »

off air might be a batter choice...:D

that was cruel, Fiona is a nice distraction on an evening
  • Options
    i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Easter from Kings is not on this year.

it was on BBC 2 last year so is this another money saving thing by the BBC by not showing it?

what kind of ratings did it get last year?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ShaunIOW wrote: »

Great, be glued to it this easter then. They do try hard on that channel to create a good mix.
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV are showing the Harry Potter films AGAIN? I don't care much about special holiday schedules these days as I've accepted times have changed, but that is pathetic and indefensible.
  • Options
    JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love sky wrote: »
    I see Easter from Kings is not on this year.
    It's on next Saturday evening on BBC2